Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
I personally wouldn't pay extra for Transformer badges but I am not going to put down someone that does.

Get what you want man. It is not about impressing anyone else. Who gives a s*** what they think.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #16
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
Driver's side hood stripe
Part no. 92242453. Has been on backorder since January. I'm told that GM may not produce or make available this part in future.
Ok, get the standard black rally stripes, then get this font.

http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/TransRobotics.htm

Create yourself a stencil, then spraypaint your vinyl in silver and be done with it
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #17
Rollin Thunder

Drives: 07 yukon xl, 07 vette, 10 SRT8
If I go for the transformers look I want an actual one optioned from GM since they only made 1500 of them. MY favorite colors are orange, yellow, and black in that order. I dont want red as my vette is victory red and I dont want them to copy each other. I love black but I had a black truck and it was dirty in hours after a wash. I love orange because Im a big dukes of hazzard fan and even though they had a dodge. Its still a coupe thats orange and looks awesome. My favorite color combo would be the inferno orange with black stripes on a black interior. My next favorite is the yellow with black stripes. And the dealer has two of those. One is a manual transformers edition and the other is a auto non transformers edition. Manual or nothing on this car. If I got orange I wouldnt put the badges on there as I hate that (just IMO of course) kinda like people putting gt badges on a v-6 and what not. None of the dealers around here have an orange with black stripes with the options I want. Its either a 1ss, automatic 2ss, or v-6 version. I have never owned anything less than a v-8 in my life and im not going to start now
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #18
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Get the LS3 Transformer ... If you have kids they will love it ...
Old 04-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #19
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
If I go for the transformers look I want an actual one optioned from GM since they only made 1500 of them. MY favorite colors are orange, yellow, and black in that order. I dont want red as my vette is victory red and I dont want them to copy each other. I love black but I had a black truck and it was dirty in hours after a wash. I love orange because Im a big dukes of hazzard fan and even though they had a dodge. Its still a coupe thats orange and looks awesome. My favorite color combo would be the inferno orange with black stripes on a black interior. My next favorite is the yellow with black stripes. And the dealer has two of those. One is a manual transformers edition and the other is a auto non transformers edition. Manual or nothing on this car. If I got orange I wouldnt put the badges on there as I hate that (just IMO of course) kinda like people putting gt badges on a v-6 and what not. None of the dealers around here have an orange with black stripes with the options I want. Its either a 1ss, automatic 2ss, or v-6 version. I have never owned anything less than a v-8 in my life and im not going to start now
You can always get the stripes added later - have you asked any dealer about finding an orange one for you from another dealership/state and having them ship it to you??
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #20
Rollin Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Get the LS3 Transformer ... If you have kids they will love it ...
lol at age 23 I pray I dont. Im just waiting for my boat to sell. If it sells and the transformers one is still there, then It must be the right one. If not I keep looking
Old 04-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #21
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
Ok, get the standard black rally stripes, then get this font.

http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/TransRobotics.htm

Create yourself a stencil, then spraypaint your vinyl in silver and be done with it
I've seen that, it's not the same, I don't like it. Been trying to find a shop that can paint them on because I'm not crazy about the vinyl, but haven't had any luck there either. Thanks for the idea, though.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #22
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
just wanted to say my dealer has 1 or 2 yellow 2ss/rs transformer editions on the lot.

Brookville Chevy in Brookville, PA. . . it's about 2 hours west of State College.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #23
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
I added the transformers package to my black 2SS. My kids love it. I was driving past a high school the other day and had to stop at the crosswalk. 2 students pointed and laughed at the autobot emblems.

So yeah, could be nerdy. I'm too old to give a crap though and my 7yr old thinks its amazing.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #24
bbfn11
Beeliever!

Drives: 2010 2LT Coupe Automatic
Don't let other people decide what you like! I purchased a Camaro closest to the movie car that I could afford. Why! because I thought it was the coolest car I have ever seen. I am 48 years old. Go with what makes you happy.
bbfn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #25
Rollin Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfn11 View Post
Don't let other people decide what you like! I purchased a Camaro closest to the movie car that I could afford. Why! because I thought it was the coolest car I have ever seen. I am 48 years old. Go with what makes you happy.
I know that people say that. But I enjoy what I have more when people envy it. Its silly I know. But its the way Im wired.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #26
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
I loved the yellow when the movie came out. When I ordered, I considered IOM but my BF told me to stick with yellow because I was talking about getting yellow for 2 years. I added the Transformer package @ 3 weeks after I ordered it. You've seen it so you know it's subtle enough that it doesn't "jump" off the car. I found a lot of people don't even notice the autobot logo under Camaro on the front fenders. It's probably borderline nerdy to about 1% of the people that will see it. More people love it than not and the reactions you get driving it around are indescribable and certainly worth the package.

IMO - get the TF and trade it for a 2011 IOM if you decide you don't like it.
i got a TF and don't regret anything about it. but get what you want not what others think you need. i have said it before i will say it again

I picked it, I paid for it, I drive it. If you don't like it that is your problem
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #27
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
to each his own. if you like it, then get it and ignore anyone who doesn't

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #28
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post
I added the transformers package to my black 2SS. My kids love it. I was driving past a high school the other day and had to stop at the crosswalk. 2 students pointed and laughed at the autobot emblems.

So yeah, could be nerdy. I'm too old to give a crap though and my 7yr old thinks its amazing.
I got the opposite had one of my sons friends try to hump my car lol
Had 2
And one girl ask to have senior pictures taken with it, waiting on a digital copy so i can post here
so it is 50/50
when i do get stupid comments i just look at them and say (you are just a wanabee / wanabee driving my car and walk away)
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote