Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #15
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingSuns View Post
Also, you now have Sports Mode which I don't think the 2LS model has?
The 2012 LS does, but it feels a lot different on the Lt.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #16
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Beautiful choice.

Also, with black get used to the moniker "it's not clean, it's just clean enough".
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #17
Gr8ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander View Post

Clearly you must be a troll. According to what I've been reading here the past few weeks the only reason to replace your Camaro is over regrets for not having bought a V8.

But seriously, congratulations on your new car!

NUHH UHH...next up for me will be a corvette....hopefully but in the mean time im happy with my V6 +300 HP....
Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ride View Post
After almost 3 years of owning my 2LS, I decided to scratch an itch I had since the day I first got it...

It was my first new car and It was a Camaro!!! I was stoked, but I still wanted all the extras. I know I could have gotten them aftermarket but I never got around to it.

Last weekend I stopped by my dealership and picked up what I really wanted in the first place A brand new 2LT RS.. not loving the new rear light design but all the extras, and new car smell really do it for me. Plus I dont have to deal with a black car anymore!!!

Im planning on getting some stripes for it pretty soon..
Congrats on your new 2LT!

It looks great! How was the initial drive?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #19
CaliDave

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to CaliDave
Congrats on your new ride... nice choice. .. love the colorName:  attachment-3.jpeg
Views: 612
Size:  171.2 KB
CaliDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:48 PM   #20
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Auto or standard?
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #21
GuitarJozz

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarJozz
Quote:
The 2012 LS does, but it feels a lot different on the Lt.

Yes, there is an "M" mode, but from what I've researched about the LS models, and experimented with on my own 2LS, for the LS and 2LS, it's not "Sport Mode." There's a stickied topic about it in the LFX forum here on the website:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307690

In particular, about switching into "M", and tapshifting:

Instead of Sport Mode, when shifted to “M” the 2LS goes into Electronic Range Select (ERS) Mode. ERS mode basically only allows the driver to choose the highest gear that the transmission will shift to. In ERS mode, the paddle shifters allow the driver to choose a particular “maximum gear,” which according to the owner’s manual is useful when towing a trailer (avoiding overdrive gears, which when towing can result in lots of “gear hunting”/unnecessary shifting) or descending a steep grade (engine braking).

If you shift to “M” in a 2LS and don’t touch the paddles, the ERS sets a maximum gear, and the car drives within the range of 1st to whatever the max gear is, upshifting to the maximum gear and downshifting normally, unless the driver selects a different maximum gear via the paddles.

I had not researched this before I bought my 2LS, and had I known about this, I probably would have opted for a 1LT, or waited and saved up more to get an SS. It's interesting how different the 2LS is from all the other trims and models. I guess us 2LS owners can be proud we have the potential to get up to 30mpg though... I certainly haven't seen 30 on my mpg screen though.
GuitarJozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:41 AM   #22
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarJozz View Post
Yes, there is an "M" mode, but from what I've researched about the LS models, and experimented with on my own 2LS, for the LS and 2LS, it's not "Sport Mode." There's a stickied topic about it in the LFX forum here on the website:

Instead of Sport Mode, when shifted to “M” the 2LS goes into Electronic Range Select (ERS) Mode. ERS mode basically only allows the driver to choose the highest gear that the transmission will shift to. In ERS mode, the paddle shifters allow the driver to choose a particular “maximum gear,” which according to the owner’s manual is useful when towing a trailer (avoiding overdrive gears, which when towing can result in lots of “gear hunting”/unnecessary shifting) or descending a steep grade (engine braking).

If you shift to “M” in a 2LS and don’t touch the paddles, the ERS sets a maximum gear, and the car drives within the range of 1st to whatever the max gear is, upshifting to the maximum gear and downshifting normally, unless the driver selects a different maximum gear via the paddles.

I had not researched this before I bought my 2LS, and had I known about this, I probably would have opted for a 1LT, or waited and saved up more to get an SS. It's interesting how different the 2LS is from all the other trims and models. I guess us 2LS owners can be proud we have the potential to get up to 30mpg though... I certainly haven't seen 30 on my mpg screen though.

I have a 1LT/RS and I have seen up to 27 mpg. but it doesn't stay there for long... I'm sitting at 22 mpg now. All highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #23
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Awesome color choice.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #24
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Nice! You will be Soooooo happy with the SIM color, since you tired of trying to keep the Black clean. And the new style MS wheels are also a breeze to clean. It only took me 7 months to upgrade and change colors. Now you just need two more cylinders!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #25
Gr8ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Congrats on your new 2LT!

It looks great! How was the initial drive?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

It was awesome, I was not expecting such a noticeable difference performance-wise between the two cars. Not to mention all the upgrades such as the color displays, HUD, My link, auto dim mirrors, Headlights and the subdued ambient lights on the door panels just make for an awesome driving experience.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #26
Gr8ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarJozz View Post

This is good to know, because I really didnt know any better about the 2LS tapshift.

And also I got great MPG in it this one time I made a trip from Fort Lauderdale to New York and back only filling up 5 times. I filled up just before leaving, then again somewhere near Georgia and once more before reaching NY. then again before leaving NY, then somewhere in between and then just a mile from my house. For the return trip we only stopped for lunch and maybe 2 bathroom breaks we got awesome mileage on the way down something like 450-500 miles per tank probably more
Old 03-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #27
Gr8ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDave View Post
Congrats on your new ride... nice choice. .. love the colorAttachment 610617
Ditto
Old 03-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
It was awesome, I was not expecting such a noticeable difference performance-wise between the two cars. Not to mention all the upgrades such as the color displays, HUD, My link, auto dim mirrors, Headlights and the subdued ambient lights on the door panels just make for an awesome driving experience.
That's remarkable to hear!

We certainly wish you many miles of smiles .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote