Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #29
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I'm lost?!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #30
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'm lost?!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #31
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Yes I need some. I'm cautiously disconcerted, and confused.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #32
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Yep, and the fact that they didn't give 1LE it's own model. So I wanna know, do the Z -diehards have more or less hope for a fifth gen Z28? I'm thinking it's about the same. Me personally, I may make this 1LE mine.

I see this as a compromise from GM for all the Z28 complainers. I think this is as close to a RPO z28 that will be seen any time soon. Now lets see if any will see the compromise, and put their money where their mouth is, or just come up with another excuse not to get a 5th Gen. Face it your day of RPO z28 may never come.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #33
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I see this as a compromise from GM for all the Z28 complainers. I think this is as close to a RPO z28 that will be seen any time soon. Now lets see if any will see the compromise, and put their money where their mouth is, or just come up with another excuse not to get a 5th Gen. Face it your day of RPO z28 may never come.
I don't understand the hate towards those of us that are keeping the faith that we will have a 5th gen Z/28..... Why does my hope get you worked up?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #34
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
And who pissed in your wheaties today?? If the 1LE is not what I want (not equipped properly) then I won't buy it, pretty simple isn't it?? If they don't equip the 1LE well enough to meet my wants/needs and a 5th gen Z/28 does not happen, then I'll wait and see what the 6th gen brings. This will likely be my last opportunity to buy a Z/28 and I will not waste that on a version that does not meet my expectations.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #35
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
With what one can do with these cars is a Z28 really that big of deal? Don't get me wrong I would love to see it as well, but the modding on the Z28 as well as the ZL1 kinda negates what the badge says does it not? In the end it's just a badge.

But like I said I would like to see it happen and see what options it would have..
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #36
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Lets face it you may be wrong. Why are you so negative? did your mom or dad never teach you to look on the brighter side of things? or be a realist?
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #37
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
At the time money wasn't the issue.... just maybe a new Camaro isn't the right car for me.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #38
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Lets face it you may be wrong. Why are you so negative? did your mom or dad never teach you to look on the brighter side of things? or be a realist?
I'm not being negative at all, in fact I am always a realist and think of the positive side of things when they happen in life. Saying the Z/28 may never happen isn't being negative, it's being a realist. And if it never happens in the next generation, then what, wait until the 7th Gen ... It get to the point where you have to stop and think, what the hell am I waiting for ? I passed up all these really cool cars, and for what, an empty dream ... Myself, I learned from history but live for today.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #39
wildpaws

Quote:
I'm not being negative at all, in fact I am always a realist and think of the positive side of things when they happen in life. Saying the Z/28 may never happen isn't being negative, it's being a realist. And if it never happens in the next generation, then what, wait until the 7th Gen ... It get to the point where you have to stop and think, what the hell am I waiting for ? I passed up all these really cool cars, and for what, an empty dream ... Myself, I learned from history but live for today.
Part of being a realist for myself is NOT buying things that aren't really what I want. I've done a lot of things in my life because if I just kept putting it off I would never do it, I've also bought things that were a compromise to what I really wanted and have never been happy with them. Now it might be one thing to buy a 3k music synthesizer that was a compromise and become disatisfied (and end up selling it at close to a 50% loss), it is quite another to do so with a 40k-45k automobile.
Clyde
Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #40
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
live for today because tomorrow the housing market may crash. . .oh crap that happened already. but yet we have people going out and buying $40k cars that are over extended already on credit cards because they are living for today.

poor excuse. if a car is not what you are looking for then you shouldn't compromise and buy it. The bread crumb trail I've been following shows there will be a z28. it's the same trail that said keep the faith back in 2002. And that's why I fully believe you are wrong.

Do you also realize this is the only generation camaro ever built with out a z28? There have been many many years with out an SS, but the Z28 has been. It would be wrong of GM to not produce the Z28 due to it's heritage.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #41
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
I hate to agree but.... Given the cost of R&D, profit margins and the many trims available on the Camaro now, I just don't see them producing a Z/28 this generation. I think until 2017 and the 50th anniversary, the 1LE is as close as we will get. And I'm fine with it! I already have a 5th so I'll wait for the 50th. But I hope the people who wanted this step up and buy it so GM keeps listening to us when we ask for things. However I have the feeling this may be a very rare car. I have owned Z's and they are great but I don't get why people get so stuck on a name. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Sent from my pager using a St. Bernard named Emperor Flufflebum

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #42
wildpaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
I hate to agree but.... Given the cost of R&D, profit margins and the many trims available on the Camaro now, I just don't see them producing a Z/28 this generation. I think until 2017 and the 50th anniversary, the 1LE is as close as we will get. And I'm fine with it! I already have a 5th so I'll wait for the 50th. But I hope the people who wanted this step up and buy it so GM keeps listening to us when we ask for things. However I have the feeling this may be a very rare car. I have owned Z's and they are great but I don't get why people get so stuck on a name. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Sent from my pager using a St. Bernard named Emperor Flufflebum
I'm curious, please explain to me what in the 1LE SS option (which it appears to be) makes it so different than simply buying an SS and doing a few mods? While I do see some upgrades, I don't see an overwhelming difference, I don't like the silly looking slash marks on the fender, I don't like the black hood, so what am I missing?
Clyde

Tags
we want a real z/28