Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #15
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Good for her! That's always great to see a kid doing well and making good choices.
side note: when I was 17 I had a friend who had lost his arm in a motorcycle accident, and with his insurance money he bought a 71 vette 454 and he used to let me drive it on cruise nights. With great power comes great responsibility. I learned that young and so is she. Apparently better than me because I didn't get my Camaro til I was 55!
You GO girl!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
orangeandwhite

Drives: 2010 2SS white with orange stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
So, when she starts posting on these boards, are we going to flip her crap for having a SS at 16?

yup
orangeandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #17
jmack71
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT 'Vert
Quote:
I suggest you show your post to your parents so they can slap some sense into you. You sure don't deserve it...
How's it your place to tell him he doesnt deserve an SS?

Emerald Coast Camaros Forum!
jmack71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #18
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack71 View Post
How's it your place to tell him he doesnt deserve an SS?
I'm guessing you didn't see his original thread yesterday...the one that got deleted because of asshattery.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #19
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
That's awesome, congrats to her.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #20
jmack71
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
I'm guessing you didn't see his original thread yesterday...the one that got deleted because of asshattery.
Ahh.. i guess i didnt see that thread.. My bad, lol.. I thought you were being the asshat..

Anyways.. I dont understand why people think that 16-18 year olds dont deserve an SS.. If they're responsible, and have a level head on their shoulders, then why the hell not?

For my 17th birhtday i got a 2010 VR 1LT, and for my 18th birthday/graduation, we traded that in for a 2011 2SS/RS RJT 'Vert.. Do i feel that i deserve it? Absolutely.. I worked my ass off through high school to maintain a high GPA, didnt go out partying like most others, but instead had a part time job along with playing football. I had perfect attendance to school from the 8th-12th grade, and was never late to work in the 5 months i had the job..

So, before you guys bash on every young kid with an SS, it might help to get to know them a little bit.. Not all people younger than 20 are irresponsible little assholes.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #21
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
and lets all play nice so this thread doesn't get deleted. I think that the she (golfer girl) would not get torn apart for owning an SS at 16. Why may you ask? Because she payed for it, not her parents. She works (be it an awesome job) for her money and she can spend it however she pleases.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #22
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
WOW!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #23
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Ahh.. i guess i didnt see that thread.. My bad, lol.. I thought you were being the asshat..

Anyways.. I dont understand why people think that 16-18 year olds dont deserve an SS.. If they're responsible, and have a level head on their shoulders, then why the hell not?

For my 17th birhtday i got a 2010 VR 1LT, and for my 18th birthday/graduation, we traded that in for a 2011 2SS/RS RJT 'Vert.. Do i feel that i deserve it? Absolutely.. I worked my ass off through high school to maintain a high GPA, didnt go out partying like most others, but instead had a part time job along with playing football. I had perfect attendance to school from the 8th-12th grade, and was never late to work in the 5 months i had the job..

So, before you guys bash on every young kid with an SS, it might help to get to know them a little bit.. Not all people younger than 20 are irresponsible little assholes.
Well, in the case of the 16 year old girl who made her own money and bought it...I really have no problems with that, as long as she's careful. Personally, I also don't have problems with parents buying their kids a Camaro, though others do.

As far as the object of my derision in my previous post, he stated that he was upset for his parents for not getting him an SS and asked how he could make them do so. Not the best way to do your first post on Camaro5.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #24
jmack71
Emerald Coast Camaros

I wasnt directing that post towards you, Steve. I just needed to vent a little bit because people are always bashing on kids who's parents buy them a nice car.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #25
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
you guys make it sound like the SS is a complete monster and that all teenagers are absolute dumb@sses but in all reality both of these statements are false. I know plenty of teenagers rolling around in vettes, vipers, ferraris, lambos, m3s, mercedes. Depending on the person, reguardless of age, it comes down to the person and how responsible and how much respect they have for the car they drive.
I know a 40 yearold who totaled his viper, I know a 20 year old whose viper looks like the day it came off the lot.
Age has nothing to do with whether someone deserves a car or can handle a car. This chick will be fine, she deserves that SS because she bought it on her own and earned her cash. Who knows she could be a terrible driver or an amazing driver, its NONE of our business
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #26
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
I wasnt directing that post towards you, Steve. I just needed to vent a little bit because people are always bashing on kids who's parents buy them a nice car.
I don't think its people "bashing on kids whose parents buy them nice things" so much as bashing on kids whom don't appreciate the things they're given. Because the latter is what bugs me personally.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #27
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
you guys make it sound like the SS is a complete monster and that all teenagers are absolute dumb@sses but in all reality both of these statements are false. I know plenty of teenagers rolling around in vettes, vipers, ferraris, lambos, m3s, mercedes. Depending on the person, reguardless of age, it comes down to the person and how responsible and how much respect they have for the car they drive.
I know a 40 yearold who totaled his viper, I know a 20 year old whose viper looks like the day it came off the lot.
Age has nothing to do with whether someone deserves a car or can handle a car. This chick will be fine, she deserves that SS because she bought it on her own and earned her cash. Who knows she could be a terrible driver or an amazing driver, its NONE of our business
Somewhat true, but...generally younger kids are more inexperienced and thus more likely to do something stupid. Insurance statistics prove this to be true. There is a point where you get older (65+, usually) where ability starts to fail, but most people that age aren't doing burn-offs and other stupid crap. This is not to say that some kids can be much more responsible than adults driving. But, if you look at the statistics, a large percentage of kids driving are irresponsible behind the wheel...either by going fast, texting, or just being stupid. So, whether you like it or not, people will continue to quote or use those facts in conversations.

Accidents happen to pretty much everyone...including me. I've been hit, and I've hit someone. But it is true that 16-25 year olds are more likely to race on the street, go fast, and when you add that to inexperience, it's a pretty dangerous mix.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #28
frostbit3

Drives: 2011 1LT
Congrats to her, I thought I was doing good for being 21 and getting one on my own (Mine's only a 1LT though). At 16 I was working at a fast food joint making $6 an hour, so that's awesome that she's able to do that.
frostbit3 is offline   Reply With Quote