Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-20-2018, 11:54 PM   #1
camaroguy12

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS GFX
Cheap/Better Fix to Replace TSW Center Caps

**MODS: Not sure if this should go in Tires/Wheels forum or DIY/How-To Forum

Recently got a set of 20" TSW Nurburgring (20x10 & 20x9) for my Camaro 5G 2SS. Tire shop lost 1 of the TSW center caps, and then blamed me for not having all 4 center caps.

So I went on a hunt to buy a spare center cap. To my shock, I saw listings on the internet ranging from $49 to $70 for ONE plastic center cap!! The cheapest I could find was $135 for a set of 4 for my part number (PCC43-T), and I definitely didn't need 4. I was not willing to pay that for some plastic bits so here's my workaround.

I bought aftermarket/knockoff 68mm BMW center caps from ebay. The sizing is virtually the exact same as the TSW ones for my rims.

Then bought Transformers Autobot Center Cap Stickers from eBay. These were 65mm so close enough.

(ebay item number 202182524199) Cost for 4x 68mm BMW center caps = $12.99 shipped
(ebay item number 182806710697) Cost for 4x Transformers Stickers= $8.88 shipped

Basically for $22 I have perfect fitting OEM looking center caps on my after market TSW rims. My camaro is a Transformers Package, & my OEM 21" factory rims had OEM Transformers Autobot center caps.

Hopefully this is useful for someone who lost their TSW center caps. Offcourse, there are a million 65mm stickers out there so you can customize per your car's make/model/preference. Gist of it is that a 68mm BMW center will fit perfectly for these TSW Nurburgring rims that I bought. Obviously for your TSW rims do some rudimentary measurements first.
Attached Images

camaroguy12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
center caps, pcc43-1, pcc43-t, tsw