Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #169
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
installed the cold air intake on the car..if you want more growl for your V6 then this is a great part to get started. the car has a ton more power. you can actually feel this power..it sounds incredible, and you can hear the air being sucked through the filter..it makes a deep whistle then a quick gust of air..its probably the best thing ive put on the car..ordered it from a website i found on google just looking around. it looks great and you can even order the tubing to match your car. ill post pics once i get my car back from paint..that way i can post pics of the new paint job and the new intake installed..hopefully ill be posting finished interior pics as well. will post within two weeks hopefully
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #170
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom40k View Post
Mohrg you need to add the title "Turbo Hunter" under your name You are definately the most vocal 6er on the forums about tricking out your ride... MORE POWER TO YA BROTHER!
thanks man..really appreciate it..im not doing this just for myself..i wouldnt have ever even done anything but the stripes if it werent for this forum..i feel that since i get soo much out of this forum that i need to give back..and most of the people on this site are incredibly nice and very helpful. but im hoping to get this car turbo'd soon..

im giving up the keys on Oct.4th at the Funfest and i hope to god ill get it back sooner than later, but it doesnt matter as long as they get it in there. that way all of us that want to add hp to our 6's and dominate the stock V8's can simply contact this company and order a kit..they seem very particularly excited about this project..i sent an email, and the very next day these guys called me wanting to take my car..LOL.so they are going to go ahead and contact all the manufacturers they know till the 4th then away we go..LOL..

youre one of the good ones man..better to here "good work" "keep it up" than here "youll never suceed" "im going to cry about something that isnt my buisness" "and ima follow you and harrass you cause it pisses me off that you are even trying to turbo your car"...lol..ive been getting alot of that since my project..LOL..ohh well
Old 09-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #171
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

ALSO!!! i went all the way out to Illinois and met RBDesigns. he is a very cool guy, and does insanely good work to his vehicles..he had a brand new only two week old 2SS Alpine White camaro..its was beautiful..Beautifully gutted..LOL..the interior was completely stripped..it looked like he left it on the streets of comptom overnight with the windows down and the doors unlocked..but i did the drive in order to swap him my Lt front end for his SS front end..so now i have the "mail slot" and i dont need the front lip of my ground effects kit. so if anyone needs a front lip from a complete ground effects kit ill be selling mine..i thought that the RS's and 2SS's came with the ground effects kit put on, not built into the fascia. and some other info, the top grille of an Lt will fit into the front fascia of a 2SS facia, but the bottom grille is bigger than the 2SS and wont work..i guess the reason is that the lip is built in it already. so i left the rest of the ground effects kit on but cant use the lip..anyone wanting to buy it il sel it pretty cheap just to help my people on this forum out..PM me if you want it. will post my trip pics up and then ill post the car pics up. like i posted its now in paint so in two weeks ill be getting my baby back, and without that nasty dent and nicer stripes..i wont be having nightmares anymore about that dent too..but it will look like an 8 but it will be a 6. i bet its the first V6 in the world with the "mail slot"..lol
Old 09-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #172
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Can't wait to see the next phase of your project! Forget the unpleasant comments dude they're a waste of your time to read. I think you're doing a great job making you car what you want it to be.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #173
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

thanks alot..the new paint will be in shortly i hope.im hoping to get the car entirely done the way i want by the time i take the car off the road for winter..well i mean done looks wise..i know the performance wont be..im taking the car off the road the day after the MTI Funfest, and a company that called me will be picking the car up right after Funfest is over and im ready to go home to start with the fabricating of the turbo kit. but the paint will look just about the same, still gonna be wrapped the same with the same color but the stripes may be a little different..i told the painter that he should do something different with the same color and still wrapped but to add his own touch, like making the stripes a little wider or adding pin striping to accent the stripes..i cant wait..im also having my facets on my rims painted to match and also the vents on the rear painted to match..im hoping it turns out ok..anything will be better than the last painters B.S. paint job..GRRRRR.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #174
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
What you didn't like the last guy's attention to detail and instructions?
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #175
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
What you didn't like the last guy's attention to detail and instructions?
what about the paint??? hell no i didnt like the guys work..i paid an additional 900 bucks for him to make the stripes flush with the original paint so they looked stock..

there are huge runs in the clear coat..dents in the hood that wasnt there before he got the car..im talking knuckle prints where someone punched the hood..there are terrible acid like marks that stand out like a sore thumb..and several palm sized circles where the paint had been sanded off and not replaced.

he clear coated it soo in dim light you couldnt really see that stuff and when its really shiney but at certain vantage points it looks like it was done with spray paint. you can see towards the bottom of the stripes in the front that at the very bottom the stripes point away from each other in the middle. in that same place there is a dried up clear coat run that is the thickness and size of my pinky finger.LOL..

and where the stripes are on the top of the car and he didnt take the windshield out to paint them the stripes were fine when i got it but where they werent painted very well right at the top of the windshield they faded away and it looks rediculous. same at the sunroof and backglass..and the entire ground effects were half assed and you can see spots that are greyish in color and rough where they were missed by a full on spray but were caught with overspray so they looked down..im soo pissed..this will be the last time i talk about that shit..LOL.

but this guy knows his stuff hes really cool up front and hasnt bullshitted me once since i talked to him..the other guy blew way too much smoke up his own ass..LOL. but 2500 dollars and now i have to pay an additional 1500 to fix the bullcrap..but the guy told me that he would have done the same job,done it right the first time, done it how i wanted it done not the way he wanted it done, and wouldnt have ever taken three weeks to do it for 1500 dollars.LOL..i could have saved 1000 bucks and all the aggravation. GRRRRRRRR

but ill be ten times happier once i get it back and get it back done right..we are also doing a bit different of a style for the stripes..im making them a tad bit wider like i originally wanted them. and may have them pin striped on the sides and make them look a bit more traditional camaro..thats really how i wanted them to start with..a guy i knew growing up had a 89 modle metal flake blue with metal flake grey stripes..every since that car i wanted those racing stripes..LOL..ohh well. well have to see what i come up with i guess..im just gonna go with the first idea i have..LOL.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #176
Jericho
Come see me.

You just made me hold off till I find a painter I actually trust
Vin#30271
Old 09-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #177
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
I'm green with envy
Old 10-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #178
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

hey jpsuperman i have a pic youve been wanting to see forever now..here you go.ill take some more once i officially get the car back from the painter.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #179
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

and here is what the new stripes will look like once they are "officially" done. im taking it back to paint tomorrow to get finished and all shined up.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #180
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Sorry, not feeling the cucumbermobile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
id love to see a black cucumber with green racing stripes..LOL...are they rare or can you just buy them or grow them anywhere..do they make black/green pickles???hmmm..wonder if they taste good..have you guys ever seen a black cucumber with green racing stripes??? must just be me.
Just for you Mohrg.
- X

P.S. - And yes its real. Don't ask where I got it, or I'll have to kill you.
Attached Images

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Last edited by Xanthos; 10-13-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:22 AM   #181
Jericho
Come see me.

what's up man? How's it hangin'
Vin#30271
Old 10-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #182
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Just for you Mohrg.
- X

P.S. - And yes its real. Don't ask where I got it, or I'll have to kill you.

Tags
2010 camaro, 2010 camaro lt, 2010 camaro west virginia