Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #29
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisco22 View Post
just street race for now. not willing to void my warrenty by taking to a track. dealership they look up vin numbers of people who have been at the track. not willing to do that. And i dont mean to come off as a "douche", just people get so defensive about their cars. i was stating my opinion, which i would say is a widely shared opinion and you took it to seriously and offensively.
I actually took it seriously when you made your comment about your friends Cammed GT laying waste to my car. I think it is a bit funny considering you don't know anything about my car. That's besides the point though.

Be careful on the street. Your warranty won't be voided if you go to the track. However, if you did break something and tried to make a claim, they may question it and may not cover it. You should be fine though.

Sent via morse code through a fax machine.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #30
lre107

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Quote:
just street race for now. not willing to void my warrenty by taking to a track. dealership they look up vin numbers of people who have been at the track. not willing to do that. And i dont mean to come off as a "douche", just people get so defensive about their cars. i was stating my opinion, which i would say is a widely shared opinion and you took it to seriously and offensively.
Don't post much, but I have no respect for people that put others lives in danger by street racing.

I call BS on the warranty thing, I have only been to three different drag strips, but not once have I EVER had to give a VIN number to run.

Keep it on the track and have fun.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #31
CamaroGirl5
@moorethrottle

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS F1X 427 LSNext
They dont do that at any track...your insurance is void so if you wreck your screwed unless you buy track insurance, but your warranty isnt void, I am at the track all the time, they dont even write down my license plate...

And I work at a performance shop, there are some awesome camaros out there and awesome mustangs, I have driven some too, very fast and nice to drive, I am a huge camaro fan, but you gotta respect the mustang every now and then...however arrogant owners are everywhere, mustang or camaros, challengers too...dont knock it until you try it...

and I would gladly race either of you on the track or the street
win or lose id shake your hand
CamaroGirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:47 AM   #32
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
Once again, from the local chevy dealership, that is what i was told. I was told the local track takes license, plate and vin. And i never once asked for your respect. dont respect me no problem, keep your opinion to yourself. Never once did i write to you nor care what you had to say big guy. 2am

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:48 AM   #33
Chrisco22

so wait SANTA isnt real?

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Old 07-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #34
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Quote:
Bahahahaha I've heard some stupid crap on this forum....but this comment takes the cake. Really? You think the dealer call the local drag strip for vins? And elephants fly too. They have never took my vin down nor do you need to have a license plate to run. If your that paranoid, take your plate off. Bahahahaha!!!!!
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #35
Chrisco22

yup im so stupid for listening to the chevy dealer. you caught me my man.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #36
Camarowguy

Quote:
I didn't know the dealer preached the gospel.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Old 07-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #37
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
Don't cry Grabber!!!!
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #38
Camarowguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGirl5 View Post
They dont do that at any track...your insurance is void so if you wreck your screwed unless you buy track insurance, but your warranty isnt void, I am at the track all the time, they dont even write down my license plate...

And I work at a performance shop, there are some awesome camaros out there and awesome mustangs, I have driven some too, very fast and nice to drive, I am a huge camaro fan, but you gotta respect the mustang every now and then...however arrogant owners are everywhere, mustang or camaros, challengers too...dont knock it until you try it...

and I would gladly race either of you on the track or the street
win or lose id shake your hand
I think you'd have no problem. Just noticed he has a v6
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #39
samhardy2008

Drives: 2012 3.6 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
Grabber has a point here.^

Mine goes at least 118
lmao.....hey man what a crazy thing mine does too lol
Old 08-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #40
Eli

Drives: 2011 Convertible SS/RS M6
I remember some of the crap we told customers when I worked at a dealership. It was comical the stuff people will believe or pay money for.
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #41
Camarowguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I remember some of the crap we told customers when I worked at a dealership. It was comical the stuff people will believe or pay money for.
I work at a dealership so I can relate.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #42
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Quote:
Speak to a service manager at another dealership, and I guarantee you that he/she will tell you something completely different. Hell, one told me that long tubes would void my entire power train warranty, yet another manager AT THE SAME DEALERSHIP replaced my entire driveshaft despite my cam. It's all in who you talk to man. Too many dealerships are woefully uneducated or simply don't care.
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote