Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Switchblade Silver Interior trim

Does anybody have a photo or a comparison of the switchblade silver interior trim. I want to add it into my Camaro but only if it kinda matches the silver trim thats around the speedometers. No one at the dealerships have been helpful about the trim, more than half don;t even know about it. Thank You guys.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
The Switchblade Silver trim kit is the exact same trim that comes standard on 2LT and 2SS trims. Just look at pics of those cars or ask a dealer to look at a 2LT or a 2SS.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
JohnnyCamaro

Drives: 98 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Does anybody have a photo or a comparison of the switchblade silver interior trim. I want to add it into my Camaro but only if it kinda matches the silver trim thats around the speedometers. No one at the dealerships have been helpful about the trim, more than half don;t even know about it. Thank You guys.
The Switchblade Silver trim is not the same as on 2LT and 2SS and it does match the silver trim perfectly. Camaro Chroma SEMA car had it on it and it matches great.
JohnnyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Yep...I passed on a sweet deal to buy the regular silver so I could buy the switchblade instead.....and I'm gonna get a sweet deal on that too!!
Old 02-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
This might be what your looking for.

Edit; I was wrong I guess they do sell them.
http://www.westcoastcamaro.com/p-46-...-trim-kit.aspx

Last edited by mickss; 04-18-2011 at 07:58 AM.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro View Post
The Switchblade Silver trim is not the same as on 2LT and 2SS and it does match the silver trim perfectly. Camaro Chroma SEMA car had it on it and it matches great.
AWESOME THANKS!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro View Post
Does anyone have pictures of it on the Camaro Chroma SEMA car?
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
mickss

I just went back to the West Coast Camaro site and they now have a "Add to Cart" feature.

http://www.westcoastcamaro.com/p-46-...-trim-kit.aspx
Old 02-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

I've been trying to find a photo of the interior of the Chroma Car and boy it's hard to find one with the trim in the photo. The only one's that I see of the Switchblade Silver is a photoshop renderings like the ones shown above.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #10
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Hell if you already have the plastic inserts it would cost a lot less just to paint them.

That's if you don't have ABL lighting.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:10 AM   #11
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
This pisses me of!! This thread got me looking at the interior. There are 4 colors going on in there. The silver of the inserts, the silver on the steering wheel and the gauges, the color of the 4 pack gauges and center console area around the shifter (and also the HVAC Stereo area) and the black of the interior. Also I later started to think about it. The midnight Silver wheels... different silver again, or how about the GFX color... Datk Argent gray, and the brake pistons are some other gray color... who designed these color schemes at GM I mean do you need the trim inside the car to be 3 different colors, oh 4 I take that back I missed one, the trim around the vents looks totally different than the others, oh and chrome on the door handles! whats up with all the dang materials and colors, cant they make them all the same, if we want it the same we have to spend $400 on new inserts? then have everything else but the steering wheel trim painted to match? Why didn't they just make it all Silver Ice Metallic like the exterior color option?

sorry I'll end my rant...
Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #12
mickss

No Photoshop.

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gal..._8878.JPG.html

Last edited by mickss; 04-18-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #13
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
This pisses me of!! This thread got me looking at the interior. There are 4 colors going on in there. The silver of the inserts, the silver on the steering wheel and the gauges, the color of the 4 pack gauges and center console area around the shifter (and also the HVAC Stereo area) and the black of the interior. Also I later started to think about it. The midnight Silver wheels... different silver again, or how about the GFX color... Datk Argent gray, and the brake pistons are some other gray color... who designed these color schemes at GM I mean do you need the trim inside the car to be 3 different colors, oh 4 I take that back I missed one, the trim around the vents looks totally different than the others, oh and chrome on the door handles! whats up with all the dang materials and colors, cant they make them all the same, if we want it the same we have to spend $400 on new inserts? then have everything else but the steering wheel trim painted to match? Why didn't they just make it all Silver Ice Metallic like the exterior color option?

sorry I'll end my rant...
So you're saying that there's like differents color swatxhes to the silver that;s in the car? Man I wish someone could take close-up photos of the silvers in the car (Steering wheel, Trim, Guages etc.) so we could have a comparison.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #14
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
looks like thats something else im gonna get
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote