Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
Nesch18

Drives: 2013Camaro ZL1 Convertible
New top installed; Pictures needed

So I have recently got my car back from the dealer. Had my top replaced because of rub marks on my 2013 ZL1 Vert. Almost everything looks good so far.

The top sits nice and tight. I drove it thru an automatic touchless car wash to test the top and a little bit of water pressed between the two windows on the driver side but no water on the passenger side at all. Before the replacement I had a little bit of water coming between the windows on both sides. So this came out also even better than from the factory. The water comes with very high pressure, so all good there. Also when the top is down it looks like out of the factory maybe even a little bit better because now those side arms go all the way down by its own power. I will post pictures soon.

Now the things what i think are not 100% good. When the top is closed i have little wrinkles at the headliner on both sides above the front windows. It doesnt look as nice as before but thats really a very small thing I have no problem with.

On the next thing I would appreciate it if somebody can post some pictures. When the top is closed the fifth bow looks like its off center a little bit. On the back side to the trunk it looks perfectly straight but when I compare driver and passenger side I can see that there is a little bit more room between the top and the trim piece. Maybe 5mm/0.2 inches.

Do you guys think I should worry about this or is this within the tolerance. How does it look originally? Please post pictures from the rear of your tops and a comparison of the two sides.

Am I too picky?
Nesch18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Never go through any car wash, ever! Period!

That having been said, it'd be easier if you could upload pics to show us what your top looks like. Many more people with knowledge and experience can comment more accurately on what they're able to see vs. what they can't.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
Nesch18

Pictures

I know but I did drive into the car wash probably 50 times without any issues.

Here are some pictures!

Here is the picture of the wrinkle in the headliner.

I am looking forward to your guys pictures! Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #4
Venomous

Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro 1lt RS M6
I drive through a touchless car wash all the time too and have never had a problem. It is a strong blast of water though so not surprised a little got through.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
Nesch18

I am not concerned about that. My biggest concern is that my 5th bow is not aligned well. So it would be nice to see some pictures how it does look at other verts.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:10 PM   #6
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post
I drive through a touchless car wash all the time too and have never had a problem. It is a strong blast of water though so not surprised a little got through.
The Green Flash has gone through car washes with no problems either.
Member of SEPA5+

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote