Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #197
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Read it again, she said "no Z/28 at the start of regular production", that does not rule it out down the road.
Clyde
I did. little late to the game there aren't you? it's been discussed, and discussed and discussed and discussed over and over and over again. and I agreed yesterday shortly after I said that. because she did state for SORP
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #198
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I did. little late to the game there aren't you? it's been discussed, and discussed and discussed and discussed over and over and over again. and I agreed yesterday shortly after I said that. because she did state for SORP
Well considering the thousands of posts to these forums in the last two days, yeah I'm "late to the game" as I tend to read every post in every thread I'm interested in. And I meant no "harm" to you, simply pointing out what was said at the point in time where I was in that thread. Perhaps if I take up speed reading I could get through these posts faster!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #199
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
What do you mean by 'punish'? If you mean in terms of performance -- nothing could be further from the truth -- I think you'll be surprised that that the manual and automatics are nearly identical in terms of performance.
because the first gear is so steep in the manual?

sorry no one was helping my thread about what that meant, I figured maybe you could..
Quote:
Originally Posted by C P View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... how could GM let this happen? They have 5 years to develop the new Camaro and no force field to protect from uninsured drivers???? I'm buying a Honda.
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #200
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Well considering the thousands of posts to these forums in the last two days, yeah I'm "late to the game" as I tend to read every post in every thread I'm interested in. And I meant no "harm" to you, simply pointing out what was said at the point in time where I was in that thread. Perhaps if I take up speed reading I could get through these posts faster!
Clyde

Guys and gals....I, too, am surprised the Z28 is dead thread (or dying, or whatever...) is still going on. This back and forth thing is ridiculous and the complaining....it is getting annoying (and I know for fact that there's lots of others here who feel the same way). I continue to hear an echo of, be happy the Camaro is here...stop complaining...I'm right and you're wrong....

Can we please just let it go for now and talk about what has been confirmed for a little? ...instead of continuing to talk about other stuff that will happen down the road??? (most likely)...

Who's up for closing this thread? anyone?? who wants to keep it open?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #201
jmliptak

Drives: D
Kill it and then we can merge in all the attempts to open it back in a new thread and keep a count and post it on homepage to replace the countdown...

jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #202
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
close
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #203
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
OMG!!! How are these NO Z28 THREADS STILL GOING!!! Do you guys really think that GM will never have a Z28 again..Come on guys! Some of you have begged and begged and begged for GM to bring back the camaro, and they have....now you complain that a trim model has not been announced, you say that you won't buy one just because of a badge...bullsh*t...

That wasn't part of the deal. You didn't ask for a camaro with 600 hp Z28 that decimates all, and then some. We asked for a Camaro and GM is trying to provide it even in the face of rising gas prices....

Get over yourself and buy the SS while GM puts the final touches on the car for the Vert, and the all American Badass......wait for it............Z28!!!!

I all of you, but this is petty crap to complain about! Especially on a message board with some people who have worked their ass off to make this happen!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #204
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
They can call it whatever they want, to me it's just a badge. The car looks like a Camaro, it's good enough for me. With the LS3 and a 6 speed stick, the herritage is there. So what if Z28 isn't on your deck lid?

Would it make a difference if it said "Chevy Citation II"?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #205
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
What do you mean by 'punish'? If you mean in terms of performance -- nothing could be further from the truth -- I think you'll be surprised that that the manual and automatics are nearly identical in terms of performance.
So is the 4.6 0-60 time that we heard for the Auto true?

and Same thing with the 4.9 for manual?

that seems like a significant gap in performance...

if its true im stuck on what ill end up buying...
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #206
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
They can call it whatever they want, to me it's just a badge. The car looks like a Camaro, it's good enough for me. With the LS3 and a 6 speed stick, the herritage is there. So what if Z28 isn't on your deck lid?

Would it make a difference if it said "Chevy Citation II"?
Ever drive a Citation? That MIGHT be a deal killer
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #207
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Rethinking the Z28

You know, we have started talking about the Z28 as if it had to be the model with the supercharged 550 hp engine. And the thinking has gone that if gas prices and CAFE prohibit that engine, we can't have the Z28. But what if the Z28 represents something else? Picture this: An LS3 with CAI and upgraded exhaust, more aggressive gearing, lightened body and chassis, sound insulation removed, chassis bracing, lightweight wheels, stickier tires, lightweight and heavily bolstered seats with extra grippy upholstery, and the bare minimum luxury features. Maybe go even crazier: a removed backseat, an early application of GM's first DCT? Its not impossible. If we were going to reference the first generation, then our new Z28 wouldn't be an insane hp drag strip beast. It would go, stop, and turn with the very best of them. With the above mods, fuel economy might even be increased. So if we remain open minded, a whole world of possibilities for the Z28 is presented. Woohoo!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #208
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
So is the 4.6 0-60 time that we heard for the Auto true?

and Same thing with the 4.9 for manual?

that seems like a significant gap in performance...

if its true im stuck on what ill end up buying...
Yes it is true;

4.7 for auto w tapshift 13.2 1/4@106
4.9 for manual 13.3 1/4@~106(cant remember for sure)
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #209
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I want my z28. lol. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. no seriously I do want it but dang it's hard to just let it go even though I know it's down the road.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:46 PM   #210
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
You know, we have started talking about the Z28 as if it had to be the model with the supercharged 550 hp engine. And the thinking has gone that if gas prices and CAFE prohibit that engine, we can't have the Z28. But what if the Z28 represents something else? Picture this: An LS3 with CAI and upgraded exhaust, more aggressive gearing, lightened body and chassis, sound insulation removed, chassis bracing, lightweight wheels, stickier tires, lightweight and heavily bolstered seats with extra grippy upholstery, and the bare minimum luxury features. Maybe go even crazier: a removed backseat, an early application of GM's first DCT? Its not impossible. If we were going to reference the first generation, then our new Z28 wouldn't be an insane hp drag strip beast. It would go, stop, and turn with the very best of them. With the above mods, fuel economy might even be increased. So if we remain open minded, a whole world of possibilities for the Z28 is presented. Woohoo!
...maybe the rabbit hole goes deeper than we think. What if the Z28 is more than just a superchcarger, maybe no supercharger at all. What if a hybrid comes along, with 450 horses? or E85? The "muscle car of the next generation" ? BioDiesel? Electric?

Z28 doesn't necessarily need to have a 600HP engine, or does it? What do you think?
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote