Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #57
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
It is the TO6 package

My father had retired from GM back in December 2009. He got a vehicle voucher for $25,000 ($20,000 after taxes, etc.) that was good for 18 months. He really didn't want a new car, so I asked him could I use it. He gave it to me and I found this Regal fully loaded with everything except Navigation (no biggie). It was $32,000. $32,000-$20,000 voucher-$2,000 GM employee discount (his was still good)-$2,000 GM loyalty=$8,000 for a new car!

Do these keys look familiar?

WOw that is an awesome deal. A no brainer.
I think the Regal and the Lacrosse are both real nice cars.

Congrats!

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #58
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsRS View Post
WOw that is an awesome deal. A no brainer.
I think the Regal and the Lacrosse are both real nice cars.

Congrats!
Thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #59
King T

This is a photoshopped pic but I thought it looked kinda cool (wouldn't want it slammed like that)

But the pic does show that lowering it does help bring out the wonderful lines on the car even more!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #60
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Yea, that's a bit too low, and i personally don't like those rims. But the Regal itself looks good!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #61
King T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Yea, that's a bit too low, and i personally don't like those rims. But the Regal itself looks good!
Agreed! I actually love the factory 19" wheels I have now! With a window tint and 1.5" drop I think my car will take on a whole new look!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #62
King T

Ok this is promising! Seems like the folks at Trifecta Performance are working on a Performance Tune for the Turbo Regal. They are still trying to finalize it and get some of the bugs worked out(stopping the CEL light from coming on) but so far so good

What is said about the tune so far:
Quote:
For those of you with IDCS, the next paragraph is for you.

When I got closer to my house I decided to try Sport mode. The first time I had the tune installed it seemed to actually get less aggressive compared to Normal when the car first started. I could be wrong but that's what I think I felt. But today.....that was not the case, not in the least. I put it in Sport and laid in the throttle and the car was like "FULL SPEED AHEAD CAPTAIN". Woah! You are now borderline too aggressive is what I thought. At least for everyday driving. Then the favorite part of my drive home, I rolled away from a stop sign, then at about 20mph I planted the throttle, the car kicked down and then it SPUN the tires, with TCS on. This car has NEVER CONSIDERED spinning the tires before. Later tonight I'm going to turn TCS off and see what happens. Basically, I was thrilled. After that I tried Tour, and it responded in the way you would expect, back to the tame Regal I know. Good news, IDCS and the tune are cooperating very well with each other.

I'm also happy to see the transmission not once had any issues or complaints and no check engine light. No apparent problems after an hour of driving. Time will tell if that holds up.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #63
SouthernCXL

Drives: 2011 Regal CXL T
First off let me say Hi, I came across this thread while surfing the web for who is doing what to the Regal thus far, sadly to say not to many besides tuning readily available.

I also use to own a HHR SS with a BNR 2871GT turbo upgrade and making 390whp on E30 blend and 375 whp on 93 Octane. Tuned by Vince at Trifecta.

The dynograph above is Vince @ Trifecta's, he is the owner of Trifecta performance and personally owns a 2011 Regal CXL T.

Everything he has told me is the engine is de-tuned and on top of that I've been looking over the factory Buick stuff, it is small stuff all around.

I will be getting this tune in the coming weeks, but first I'm upgrading my UICP and LICP using LNF parts. You would also need a LNF turbo compressor housing bolt on tip as the stock buick regal plastic UICP bolts straight to the housing.

The factory stuff is about half the size of the factory LNF stock stuff.

For the UICP I'm going to use the LNF stock rubber pieces along with a Dejon UICP piece.

For the LICP I'm using a LNF LICP.

I'm also upgrading the stock Buick IC which measures in at a tiny 26 x 14.25 x 1.25 which is roughly 463 cu in.

The intercooler I'm looking at is of the same build but measures in at 25 x 12 x 3 for 900 cu in.

I've also looked at LHU engine pics online and to my surprise the LHU down pipe is using a LNF flange for the DP to turbo, good news is I have my old LNF catless SS DP sitting here, bad news is I'm going to have to have the DP custom made. But I have the flanges and will have the stocker with me so they can bend the shape I need.

Later on I will be upgrading the stock Buick Regal turbo to my BNR 2871GT unit and running a BOV with MAF relocate like I did on my HHR SS.

Who needs a 270 hp FWD GS when you can have a 300-350 whp 2011 Buick Regal AWD T
SouthernCXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #64
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Agreed! I actually love the factory 19" wheels I have now! With a window tint and 1.5" drop I think my car will take on a whole new look!
*cough*

Now it just needs an E&G Classics Fine Mesh Grill! (And the Turbo Regal... lol)
Old 07-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #65
Darth93
Darth93

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE,1983 Camaro Z/28
Great choice, we have a Regal Turbo too. I thought getting a blue one would compliment my IBM Camaro. We have about 8000 miles on it. Has been a great car.

The 2 cars fight though....They yell insults at each other.....one in Canadian the other in German....fun to watch. ( our early build Regal was built in Germany) Any suggestion to get them to stop?
Attached Images

Darth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:59 AM   #66
King T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth93 View Post
Great choice, we have a Regal Turbo too. I thought getting a blue one would compliment my IBM Camaro. We have about 8000 miles on it. Has been a great car.

The 2 cars fight though....They yell insults at each other.....one in Canadian the other in German....fun to watch. ( our early build Regal was built in Germany) Any suggestion to get them to stop?
Welcome and congrats! Blue was the color I liked and wanted until I saw the Expresso Bronze in person on the lot. Glad to see other Turbo Regal owners
Old 08-01-2011, 04:20 AM   #67
King T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCXL View Post
First off let me say Hi, I came across this thread while surfing the web for who is doing what to the Regal thus far, sadly to say not to many besides tuning readily available.

I also use to own a HHR SS with a BNR 2871GT turbo upgrade and making 390whp on E30 blend and 375 whp on 93 Octane. Tuned by Vince at Trifecta.

The dynograph above is Vince @ Trifecta's, he is the owner of Trifecta performance and personally owns a 2011 Regal CXL T.

Everything he has told me is the engine is de-tuned and on top of that I've been looking over the factory Buick stuff, it is small stuff all around.

I will be getting this tune in the coming weeks, but first I'm upgrading my UICP and LICP using LNF parts. You would also need a LNF turbo compressor housing bolt on tip as the stock buick regal plastic UICP bolts straight to the housing.

The factory stuff is about half the size of the factory LNF stock stuff.

For the UICP I'm going to use the LNF stock rubber pieces along with a Dejon UICP piece.

For the LICP I'm using a LNF LICP.

I'm also upgrading the stock Buick IC which measures in at a tiny 26 x 14.25 x 1.25 which is roughly 463 cu in.

The intercooler I'm looking at is of the same build but measures in at 25 x 12 x 3 for 900 cu in.

I've also looked at LHU engine pics online and to my surprise the LHU down pipe is using a LNF flange for the DP to turbo, good news is I have my old LNF catless SS DP sitting here, bad news is I'm going to have to have the DP custom made. But I have the flanges and will have the stocker with me so they can bend the shape I need.

Later on I will be upgrading the stock Buick Regal turbo to my BNR 2871GT unit and running a BOV with MAF relocate like I did on my HHR SS.

Who needs a 270 hp FWD GS when you can have a 300-350 whp 2011 Buick Regal AWD T
Welcome SouthernCXL to Camaro5!

Wow! Thanks for the great info! I knew the LHF was just a de-tuned LNF, but I always wondered to what extent (smaller turbo, lower boost, electronically limited, etc...)

Glad to see you have experience with Vince at Trifecta. From what I've been reading they do wonderful work at Trifecta

That was a very mighty HHR SS you had! Do you have any pictures of it? How was it to drive? I've never driven a FWD car with that much hp!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:57 AM   #68
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Very nice car. I just want a new grand national from Buick so badly. BUICK PLEASE.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #69
King T

Quote:
Originally Posted by willismith View Post
Hi King T, First congres to you for your new car. It's looking cool and wow car.
Thanks very much!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #70
SouthernCXL

Drives: 2011 Regal CXL T
Quote:
Welcome SouthernCXL to Camaro5!

Wow! Thanks for the great info! I knew the LHF was just a de-tuned LNF, but I always wondered to what extent (smaller turbo, lower boost, electronically limited, etc...)

Glad to see you have experience with Vince at Trifecta. From what I've been reading they do wonderful work at Trifecta

That was a very mighty HHR SS you had! Do you have any pictures of it? How was it to drive? I've never driven a FWD car with that much hp!
I added some pictures in my garage of both the HHR SS I had and the new Regal I have.
Believe it or not the torque steer wasn't really that bad after adding a billet front rotated mount for the engine.
I basically had the whole HHR SS modded without even having to crack the engine open, the power made was pretty impressive if you ask me for bolt ons and tuning.
I got everything off the HHR SS before trade in except for the IC, HHR fall edition headlights (GM black chrome headlights) and my LED tail lights. I had already sold all those parts.

I now have Vince's newest tune on the Regal which is even more aggressive then the tune he dyno'd at 262 whp 284 wtq on a bone stock LHU engine.

My parts started arriving yesterday to swap the tiny UICP and LICP in the Regal.
I will have my DP (down pipe) made in September, an aftermarket catless DP (with rear O2 turned off) on the LNF was good for 20 whp by itself.

My ultimate goal is 350 whp on the Regal with the BNR 2871GT. I will add an upgraded IC, MAF relocate (had this on my HHR SS) and UICP with BOV (had this on my HHR SS also).

Yes I know the Regal is not going to be as fast as say a Camaro SS or any of the LNF cars, but I can still make it into a fun luxury sedan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Very nice car. I just want a new grand national from Buick so badly. BUICK PLEASE.
I owned one of those also a 1985 hot air model (yeah I know it wasn't fast but only 2200 85's were built). I rebuilt the engine in it put a stage 1 upgrade turbo and had the trans rebuilt. The inside and out looked like it came off the show room floor, I ended up selling it to my dad as it was more of a show car then a DD.
At that time I had no where to store it so it moved to PA, then my brother bought it off my dad and my brother traded it for a truck
SouthernCXL is offline   Reply With Quote