Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #85
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Hey Huggerorange73,

I got your message. I have to run my son around to a couple places shortly, but I will call you when I get a chance.

For what it is worth, I have seen the VMax intakes not work well with other ported TB's as it will really depend upon the exit of the TB on the backside of the blade. The ported TB's we have seen opend up a lot on the backside cause turbulance.

With a stock TB or a "normal" VMax TB the intakes tend to do very well.

Talk to you shortly.

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #86
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Here's the images of all the stuff :

Stock LS3 intake/ Vmax ported intake
Stock LS3 TB / Vmax port / Polished port

I didn't take any rear shots of the post polish....did I alter the VMax throttle body? Yup....so what IndeedSS is telling me is by tweaking the throttle body that at most might pick ya up 5 - 8 rwhp I lost 30 rwhp?

The issue isn't the throttle body....All I expected was throttle response. The issue here is the intake not delievering on it's " up to 28 rwhp " claim.

My tune has been blamed, I showed my tune is accurate, then it was a bottle neck in the system.....Indeed makes it sound like if I throw a Vmax TB on it I'll pick up 30rwhp. I don't think that's going to happen sir.
Attached Images

Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #87
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
Hey Huggerorange73,

I got your message. I have to run my son around to a couple places shortly, but I will call you when I get a chance.

For what it is worth, I have seen the VMax intakes not work well with other ported TB's as it will really depend upon the exit of the TB on the backside of the blade. The ported TB's we have seen opend up a lot on the backside cause turbulance.

With a stock TB or a "normal" VMax TB the intakes tend to do very well.

Talk to you shortly.

Mike Norris
Thanks for talking with me today Mike...much appreciated.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #88
greatmike

Drives: 2010 silver 2SS/RS Camaro
have a vmax and i definitly felt a difference when the car hit 3000 rpms .i would recommend it for sure cheap and easy to install.
greatmike is offline   Reply With Quote