Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

View Poll Results: In your opinion, which is better??
Alpine INA-W910 22 50.00%
Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT 22 50.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
H3ATEDSS

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS/RS
Alpine INA-W910 or Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT??

Id love some opinions/reviews from anyone who has either of these two! Thanks in advance...
H3ATEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
tbone587

Drives: 2011 Camaro
The avic z-130bt is way nicer unit, trust me on that.
tbone587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
H3ATEDSS

Yea, from what I can see, I agree with you on that. But I want to use the Alpine housing, and they make it seem as if it is custom built only for their unit(I know its quite obvious why theyd say that)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone587 View Post
The avic z-130bt is way nicer unit, trust me on that.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
tbone587

I dont want to go into a bashing war as the whole purpose here is to help others. I have installed both units and while the alpine probably has better audio quality, the navigation resolution is very low, and the interface really isnt that great. The pioneer has more features, better nav, better screen quality, etc. Another thing to take into consideration is that the pioneer unit is much easier to bypass the video restrictions while driving. All in all they are great units and you wont be disappointed with either. Its really personal preference.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
H3ATEDSS

I agree with you on the personal preference. Not looking for a clear answer here, just opinions. And yours was very helpful, I appreciate the details, definitely helps me out! Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone587 View Post
I dont want to go into a bashing war as the whole purpose here is to help others. I have installed both units and while the alpine probably has better audio quality, the navigation resolution is very low, and the interface really isnt that great. The pioneer has more features, better nav, better screen quality, etc. Another thing to take into consideration is that the pioneer unit is much easier to bypass the video restrictions while driving. All in all they are great units and you wont be disappointed with either. Its really personal preference.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #6
tbone587

One more bit of information about the alpine that is a benefit. If you want to add satellite radio to the alpine, it has a significantly smaller tuner box to mount as opposed to the pioneer.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
odpterror4
Combat Arms, USAF

Drives: Victory Red-2010 Camaro 2SS
Honestly,
I had a kenwood 7000 before I bought my Alpine 910 and I like it alot more than the Alpine. The Alpine is not anything fancy and looks very plain and outdated. If you like you radios plain and you are not very techy then it is a good radio for you. Oh and the Pandora only works with I phones.

Kooks headers/exhaust Rotofab CAI 22' Doningtons
Alpine with metra kit screens in the headrest

odpterror4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
Batman0837

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS # 71394
Having played around a bit with both, I gotta say the user experience on the Pioneer is outstanding! Originally I was going to go with the Alpine, but after seeing the Pioneer in action, I'm gonna go that direction when the Scosche kit comes out...
Batman0837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
Edscapade
Edscapade

Drives: 2011 SS Camaro
I have the 910 and love it. The navigation is fine for what I need it to do. The interface is very easy to use, I am not sure on the pioneer but with the Alpine I did not loose anything i.e. XM radio, on-star, steering wheel controls, movies while driving, HD radio, Ipod controls. As others have said - you won't go wrong with either unit. It all comes to personal preference. I had the Pioneer in my BMW and I like the Alpine better. Just my opinion. Good luck on your choice! Show pictures once you install.
Here is a picture of mine.

Name:  Alpine Day.jpg
Views: 4393
Size:  135.6 KB
Edscapade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
H3ATEDSS

I fell like the interface of the alpine is so boring. very basic it seems as compared to the pioneer. Guess I need to wait and see if the pioneer will even fit in the alpine dash kit! Ive heard both yes and no from alpine employees.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #11
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
Double DIN is double DIN- or, yes, another radio will fit the Alpine kit. The Alpine kit flares out at the bottom to follow the shape of their radios. The Scosche variant stays flat, being a "universal" or non brand-specific kit. (see pics) So it's a case of what will look better. There's a remote chance that a non-Alpine radio might catch at the bottom when you open the face, but probably not.

The Alpine has a 1.15megapixel screen, and a line doubler. They've used this panel for a decade, and I think the only other manu using it is Kenwood in the last few years. The Pio has a very good screen, at parity with the other major players, don't get me wrong, but you have over 3 times the pixel density with the Alpine.
The Alpine has, to me, better sound, and with proper utilization of the basic time correction can do some pretty nice things sonically.
And it has a digital output IF you plan on adding a high end processor and want Dolby Digital & dts surround.

The Pioneer has a prettier GUI (background screens etc) - some people want the pizzaz, others want a cleaner interface.
The Pioneer does A2DP, or audio streaming with it's built-in BlueTooth (the Alp is only hands free phone)
The Pio has voice search on an iPod.
Attached Images

Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #12
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
There is a reason they sell pioneer ar walmart. Keep that in mind lol
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #13
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton2400 View Post
There is a reason they sell pioneer ar walmart. Keep that in mind lol
So...don't buy condoms at Wal-Mart either?

Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #14
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
No.... im just not a fan of walmart audio. And pioneer isn't a good sound quality brand. Kinda cheap. Also why its available at walmart
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote