Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
JackRabitSlims

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
BF Goodrich

Has anyone bought the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 for our car? They seem to be at a really good price with a good ware rating. Anyone have any opinions? Don't know much about tires other from what I read about them. If you have any other suggestions for good tires let me know. Thanks.
JackRabitSlims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
badkarma

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS Camaro
I just got a set of these, excellent tires so far. Better ride, braking and no noise to speak of. Chevy should ditch the p zeros and start putting these on.
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
QuickSilverSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Bought the BFG's 3 days ago. I liked the fact that Michelin is the parent company and hope for improved tire life. The 275 40's are only rated for 168mph and don't show as a replacemnt tire on BFG's website (but is listed on Tire Rack). Check the One up video at bottom of web page http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgco...hubName=Sports Performance
QuickSilverSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
My stock rear tires are completley gone. Less than 11k but I was hoping to make it until next summer. Not happening....I need tires REAL SOON.

Sounds like these are a good replacement for the P-Zero. Any one tried these at the drag strip by chance? I'm curious if they'll do any better than the P-Zero. Not that those did that great but I've had worse.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
JackRabitSlims

Do you think there will be better tire wear then the p zeros? I got 24,000 miles out of my P zeros. Thanks for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
I just got a set of these, excellent tires so far. Better ride, braking and no noise to speak of. Chevy should ditch the p zeros and start putting these on.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
badkarma

I hope so, I got about that much on the stock set of p zeros, and I had two road course track days on those and baby them I did not. However the second set of p zeros I got at a local tire store only lasted about 10k and no track days on them. No idea why I got such horrible mileage on those. The treadwear rating on the comp 2s are higher than zeros. Comp 2s: 340AA Zeros: 220AA so about 65% better treadwear than Zeros
Old 04-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
caverman

I've got just under 11k on my P-Zeros and they are totally gone. I didn't baby them by any means though. About 25 passes at the drag strip, 4 Auto-X events, and a good occcasion hammering from a stop light.

I'm still researching but the BFG sound pretty good so far other than them being a directional tire so I can only rotate front to rear instead of an X pattern.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
JackRabitSlims

How do you rotate them in a X if you have a staggered fitment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I've got just under 11k on my P-Zeros and they are totally gone. I didn't baby them by any means though. About 25 passes at the drag strip, 4 Auto-X events, and a good occcasion hammering from a stop light.

I'm still researching but the BFG sound pretty good so far other than them being a directional tire so I can only rotate front to rear instead of an X pattern.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
I put on General Tire G Max AS 03 to help me through the mid-west winters and never put the Pzeros back on. They come in proper fitment for our SS/RS and look great on the car. This is a great all season tire and goes great in moderate snow conditions (4 inches). They will break loose easier and corner slightly weaker but for my driving style its perfect.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
JackRabitSlims

Any one get the BFs from other than Tire Rack? Trying to find the cheepest price.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
JackRabitSlims

I was thinking of those too. Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
I put on General Tire G Max AS 03 to help me
through the mid-west winters and never put the Pzeros back on. They come in proper fitment for our SS/RS and look great on the car. This is a great all season tire and goes great in moderate snow conditions (4 inches). They will break loose easier and corner slightly weaker but for my driving style its perfect.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
badkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRabitSlims View Post
Any one get the BFs from other than Tire Rack? Trying to find the cheepest price.
discount tire. They had to order them, but were there the next day. Around $1k but I got the damage protection and TPMS rebuild kit.

They also have the Generals, but they were a little more expensive (surprised me)
Old 04-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
I got a free set from BFG from doing their AWESOMECROSS. Great tire so far.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
caverman

Quote:
How do you rotate them in a X if you have a staggered fitment?
I bought some rears and put them on front so I now have 20x9 all around. I did that partly to rotate and get more life but stupid me goofed around and didn't really rotate them like I should so the rears wore out faster than fronts.

If I get the BFG all around I'm going to have to make myself rotate every couple thousand. Hope to get an extra few thousand out of them if I do that.

Quote:
So far Discount tire is the cheapest I found at $210 each. After install and valves and stuff they quoted me $1,080 out the door. Then there is the $50 rebate as well.

I'm still wanting to hear some feedback on how these grip on dry pavement compared to the P-Zero. I need to pull the trigger on something by next week.
Build Journal