Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
It was a fun 5 months, but I got rid of the Camaro already

hey all - I got rid of my Camaro already. I think this is the shortest time frame I've ever owned and let go of a car. I wish I could have kept it as a weekend cruiser/drag car, but I'm not really in a position to own multiple cars . for now, I'd rather just have a new single car that handles all aspects of driving.

my first car was a 68 Camaro, naturally when the new Camaro concept came out, I fell in love and wanted it. I feel like I had a dream that finally got fulfilled, and then the car was not what I wanted out of it. My only problem with the car was that it didn't inspire confidence, due to size and visibility. it became a pretty big issue with how tight parking is at work and at home. I kind of adjusted to it, but I was always uneasy about it, and sometimes I'd have to park between two cars and practically climb out the window, then I had to worry about door dings all day :[. I needed something smaller, with better visibility.

I traded in for something still fun, not as powerful, but a little more practical. I like having AWD here in the pacific north west. it's 15 inches narrower in overall width, which helps me tremendously. it's a 2011 Subaru WRX - my first manual trans car. I can see why the manual enthusiasts wouldn't have it any other way, it's a lot more engaging and fun to drive.

here's a few pictures, I imagine it won't be everyone's cup of tea here, but my choices were pretty limited for the criteria I set on my new car.
Attached Images

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Those are a lot of fun and can be very fast. I've flirted with the idea of buying one more than once. Enjoy!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Totally feel you bro. I am lucky that I have 4 other cars to drive and my camaro is a weekend warrior.

The WRX was a great choice and with a little turbo you can still run with the big boys...lol

Enjoy!
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
to each there own...the wrx is a great platform...hate to see u go brother..but see u in my rear view
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Grats on the new car. If it wasn't for the body style (which just wasn't for me), I would have cross-shopped that when I was looking too. They're nice cars.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Too bad, but I still like that WRX

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
BigDan

Drives: bug
Great decision. If I had to own just one car it would be a 2011 WRX. If I wouldn't of been able to get financed on my 2011 GT500 I was going to get a 2011 WRX due to the practically. They are an awesome all around car and now that the WRX get's the STI wide body it has the looks to back up its performance. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds all day every day and 13.5's if you decide to take it to the track. My buddies has gone 13.3 and I think the record is a 12.9 stock, which should keep the SS in your rear view all the way to the posted speed limit.

My buddies 09 WRX came with the optional short shifter and it's a must have and get's even better with a TMW weighted knob.
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=3508.0

Also get Rally Armour mud flaps, you're definitely going to need them to keep the side of you car clean and rock chip free because Subaru paint is way thin.
http://www.rallyarmor.com/

The Huskey Liner's floor liner's should also be at the top of your list.
http://www.huskyliners.com/site//Cus...9&submodel=150
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
it was always my favorite car to drive back when I played Gran Turismo.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
Entaille

thanks all, and thanks for the great ideas Dan. I was looking into the rally flaps since I saw the amount of shit I was kicking up already..

I had some mods on the Camaro so I had them throw in a couple things for the car, one of which was the STi short-throw shifter. I'll definitely look into a heavier knob in the future too.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
meh. You should never go backwards IMO, but to each their own. If that's the car for you, enjoy it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #11
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
If you had to go, you chose a pretty cool car to go to. The WRX/STI would probably be the only Japanese car I would ever consider.

Be safe and enjoy.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
No STI I think the hatchback looks better, but I did like the body styling of the last gen WRX STI sedan

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
Entaille

I didn't want to pony up for the STi, looking at the performance numbers on paper. the WRX is faster to 60, faster to the quarter mile, and puts down the same on the skid pad. I am not seeing the value in the STi in it's current form, short of the BBS wheels . I would have considered it if it performed better.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #14
BigDan

Drives: bug
The STI is only a good idea if you plan on modding a WRX because the 5 speed trans/ clutch in the WRX barley hold's together at stock hp levels where as the STI 6 speed is good for 800 hp and all the diff's are stronger as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
No STI I think the hatchback looks better, but I did like the body styling of the last gen WRX STI sedan
The STI comes in both wagon and sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
These guys LOVE the Camaro: BigDan, wbt, THE EVIL TWIN, ViperTomcat
What's up with your sig? Are you going out of you way to put us down by username in your sig or are you serious, because I do LOVE Camaro's? Do you want to see pic's of my red/black 67 I bought when I was 18? I was just like you and all excited about the concept Camaro and was ready to buy but realized I wouldn't be happy unless it was supercharged and since I didn't have the $10k cash on hand for a SC and full exhaust I decided on something that was already supercharged and fully forged from the factory with a warranty and my payment is only a hundred bucks more a month then my would be SS.

If it's an attack then I take back every thing I said in my previous post's.

Last edited by BigDan; 01-17-2011 at 04:41 PM.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote