Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #15
13FastBlkSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I never said I faulted them for owning up to it and agreeing to fix it. This was more of an awareness type thread. I understand this kind of thing could happen at any dealer, I guess I was just upset over the fact they did not call me as soon as it happened and waited for me to call (and I understand the service dept does get busy).

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Magnuson TVS2300, ZL1 Fuelpump / ADM FPCM, NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, OEM 1LE Front Splitter, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, Dropped on BMR Split Drop Springs
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #16
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
By the way, if they just fixed the splitter, keep an eye on it. Those cracks may reappear if it wasn't done right.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #17
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
OMG, the same thing happened to me a few months back but they didn't inform me they damaged it. I noticed the damage when I got home. They tried to get out of it and making excuses but a long story short they paid to have it fixed. Oh, yes, I told them upfront to be careful of my splitter. That didn't work, I will never take my car there ever again.

Last edited by camaro1350; 05-21-2014 at 05:15 PM.
camaro1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #18
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
I personally think they did all they could do. I would not have a problem taking mine back. Most would have denied doing it, claimed it was that way already. Honesty has to count for something.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #19
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Sounds like a great dealership. They owned up to the damage and fixed it. Accidents happen. No one wants there car damaged but if it happens you just want it back to how it was before accident.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13FastBlkSS View Post
Disclaimer: This is going to be a long read! If this is in the wrong section, I apologize.

Back on Friday May 9th I took my Camaro into my dealer for an issue I was having with my shifter / clutch making an odd vibration, and to have routine service (oil change, etc).

I call the dealer (George Chevrolet, Bellflower, CA) in the late afternoon wanting to know what the status is of my car, upon speaking to my service consultant, he informs me "the vibration is normal for a standard transmission (BS), oil change was done and there was an accident with your Camaro." Not the words you want to ever hear come out of your dealers mouth. I inquire with him and ask what do you mean accident? and he stated while trying to get my vehicle on the lift rack, my lower valance (ZL1 splitter) hit the rack and was damaged. My service tech then says, "if you want we can try and fix it or you can come down and look at it."

I get down to the dealer and find my service tech and tell him to show me my car, he takes me out to my car and what do I see...

At this time I am beyond pissed, but I knew me yelling at them would do nothing. I am later joined by the service manager, who tells me they would be more than happy to replace the part. But seeing as that the part was from RPI designs (who had a fire at their warehouse, and lost everything), I told him that the company who makes it no longer was able to make a new one due to their unfortunate accident.

The service manager offers to repair the part in house since its made of fiberglass. I agree, and ask the service manager how long it would take for them to repair the part. He tells me, "It should take a couple of days (answer coming from his body shop guy)." He then asks me if I want them to take off the part and repair it (so I can still have my car) or leave my car there and they will call me when they are done and provide me with a rental car (on them). I immediately tell them they can take off the part (no way I was going to let them keep my car, and possibly damage it more).

So fast forward to Monday the 12th, I am driving to work and notice my old service sticker is still in the corner of my windshield. I check the DIC for the oil life percentage and see its still at 62%! I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they did change it but forgot to replace the service sticker and reset the oil life in the DIC.

Fast forward to Monday the 19th (a week from the accident), I go to the dealer and they show me my repaired splitter (looks good). I go back to my service tech and tell him that I noticed they did not change my oil when I asked them to on the 9th. I told him I did not care if it was changed it or not, I want you to change it again. He tells me it will take approximately 3 - 4 hours for them to complete everything. Not a problem. I took them up on the rental car offer and later that afternoon, I got a call from the service tech saying my car was ready. Once I got down there, I went over my car with a fine tooth comb, looking for any possible damage but was relieved to find none!

After all is said and done, I will definitely will not be taking my Camaro back to George Chevrolet!

Some of you may wonder why I waited so long before posting about this, well I wanted to give the dealer the opportunity to fix their mistake before publicly blasting them.

If you made it to the end of my novel, I feel I should tell my fellow C5'ers if you ever take your Camaro into the dealer for whatever reason and those of you who have splitters, be sure to point out that you have the splitter on your car! I do not want this to happen to anyone else.

*Getting off my soap box*
Oh my!

My deepest apologies to read about this situation. I certainly understand your frustration and would like to assist. When you're able, please message me privately so we can discuss the matter further. I look forward to hearing from you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #21
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
The dealer made a mistake and owned up to it, that's life, it's just a ground effect, this can be replaced and painted in no time, and you won't even notice, give em a chance to make good.
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #22
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I had a similar issue with a GM dealer many years ago that caused damage to my car, dealer said they would fix it not issue but would not provide a rental car. Long story short called my uncle who at the time was a VP for GM, needless to say I was provided with a regal car after a brief chewing out of the dealer by my uncle. it's hard to find a good dealer, I'm fortunate that I have a good one with Parks Chevy in Kernersville, NC
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #23
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
oKay I get it you were privileged, this just does nothing for the topic. It was a mistake, they owned up to it. Move on.
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #24
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Holy shit!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #25
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
That is about the best thing a dealer can do, I would be more than pleased to go back to an establishment that owns up to their mistakes (which will happen) and fixes them.
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #26
rmb21301

Drives: 2014 SS 2SS
My 2ss gets that vibration too. They told me its normal too. I call bullshit though. They told me they would get me the same car to test drive so I can see the other car has the sound too. They bring in a 1ss which isn't the same car and there was no noise.
rmb21301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #27
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
I see that owned up to it and told you about the splitter without leaving you to find it! What could they have done better ? They changed the oil again too! If they didn't at first. anyways! And they didnt BS you! Which is hard to find!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #28
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
They owned up to the damage and fixed it. Not only that, but they changed the oil even though it could've been changed previously and the tech forgot to reset the DIC.

And they provided a free loaner and did what they could to make the situation right.

It's life and shit happens.

I wish all dealers were as stand up as this one