Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-13-2015, 05:29 AM   #1
SunnySideUpII

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Bright Yellow
Hello! & Help!

Hi All,

Having taken ownership of my new 2015 ZL1 last week, I've joined the forum hoping I can take advantage of the vast networking and information exchange opportunities on here.

I've got an A/C problem, which I am hoping some of you can shed light on...

Basically, the A/C thermostat knob (the one on the right) has different levels marked on it. Most left is Max, then there is the blue dot indicating cold and most right the red dot indicating hot. And in between there are 3 or 4 different levels marked by a line. All good.

When the A/C is on and the thermostat is on the most left or close to the max, it is cooling perfectly. However as soon as it reaches the very first line (still on the cool zone) it starts blowing room temperature, if not warm. As soon as I pass the first marker, it starts blowing warm. Though we are still in the cool zone?!.

This was unusual for me, cause in every other car I've driven before, to get hot air out of the A/C, you had to pass the mid-range and move the knob to the hot zone and you had a lot of range in the cool zone to play with.

So I can cool the car down, however it doesn't give me much range to play with the "coolness level", if that makes sense. I can probably use 1/4 or 1/5 of the full range for cooling.

Does your A/C unit behave the same way, or do I need a visit to the dealer?

Thanks for your help.
SunnySideUpII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:23 AM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Let's start with the obvious. If you turn the knob to Max, the A/C will run even if the A/C button at 9 o'clock has not been pressed. For all other settings, press that button!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:38 AM   #3
SunnySideUpII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Let's start with the obvious. If you turn the knob to Max, the A/C will run even if the A/C button at 9 o'clock has not been pressed. For all other settings, press that button!
Lol, ok, I actually am a little more "switched on" than you think.

Everything I explained in my post happens when the A/C button is pressed with the blue light on which indicates the A/C is "On" .

Any other suggestions?
Old 04-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
SunnySideUpII

Lol, anybody??

Tags
a/c, cooling, issue, problem