Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #435
B2E2RUN
Beer Run

Drives: '14 Sierra SLT All-Terrain
Looks to me like his lips are sealed!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #436
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm sorry, but I still fail to see the proof in the statement. Please believe me when I say that if I get egg on my face and there is actual confirmation the car isn't in development for a future release, I will be the first to appologize. However, this information does not have any factual information as of yet. It is common knowledge that GM does not discuss future programs, so it would stand to reason that any answer from executives and such would be met with a "no, we aren't doing that car" and such. Again, if you are correct, and there is factual proof from someone like 'Father, then I'll be the first in line to appologize for any negative suggestions.

Sincerely...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #437
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2E2RUN View Post
Looks to me like his lips are sealed!
I can't tell...are they sealed in this picture too?

Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #438
Wm Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'm sorry, but I still fail to see the proof in the statement. Please believe me when I say that if I get egg on my face and there is actual confirmation the car isn't in development for a future release, I will be the first to appologize. However, this information does not have any factual information as of yet. It is common knowledge that GM does not discuss future programs, so it would stand to reason that any answer from executives and such would be met with a "no, we aren't doing that car" and such. Again, if you are correct, and there is factual proof from someone like 'Father, then I'll be the first in line to appologize for any negative suggestions.

Sincerely...
I gotcha Radz...we've been back and forth a little :seesaw: and I applaud your tenacity..

Again....Passion is good.

But have a plan B ready..ok?
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

Old 08-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #439
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Holden View Post
I gotcha Radz...we've been back and forth a little :seesaw: and I applaud your tenacity..

Kinda cocky aren't you. You could be a little more respectful of others. Not everone wants what you want.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #440
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
I, honestly, don't see why there are so many with a view similar to yours. If you were to apply this view to Camaro, before it was even confirmed to be produced, this forum wouldn't be here. I'm all about discussion and friendly talk about enthusiasm and disappointment in this car, but I don't see why there is such a fuss about this particular subject. I can completely understand the frustration in sifting through anything constructive in posts that have no validation, however, we have been given validation by 'Father. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I think this forum is a great place to express it. Can't we all just get along?
I have no real problem with people discussing it really, but ever since those articles have been popping up all over the net people have come here and made posts like "OH EM GEE TEY KEELED OUR Z28!!!" and its just kind of annoying, especially when we have been told by the father that it isn't dead.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #441
Wm Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
Kinda cocky aren't you. You could be a little more respectful of others. Not everone wants what you want.
I suppose my confidence can be interrupted as cocky....I'm sorry if I've offended you.

I could be more respectful of others.

Not everyone wants what I want.

I just drool alot too....

Old 08-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #442
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
for one this is a very touchy subject and for anyone that feels it should be locked I'm sorry but it will just cause another thread to pop up. and if that were merged it would cause another thread and so on and so forth.

As for your post holden, we know of a supercharged camaro running around. we also know what Fbodfather has said, and that no one in their right mind would think the Z28 ZL1 or wot not would be available at the start of production. and all the information being published right now about the Z28 being dead is only focusing on the start of regular production. because everyone that sells mags and wot not want to sell more mags later on they only publish what is in the short term and state it as fact when in reality it could/will change in the future. so they publish a new mag later on with more current info and they make more money. all this press about the Z being dead is just to sell mags or to draw up internet traffic. but yea.

so who cares what people feel when it comes to locking threads over the Z28. the ones that want it will just create new threads.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #443
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Speaking of quote, I'm going to jack for just a second - can someone point me in the direction of figuring out how to multi-quote from multiple posts in one response? I've looked but haven't figured it out yet. I'm sorry to
Radz,

Next to the quote icon at the bottom of each post is the multi quote icon.

looks like this.

You can turn this on in multiple posts from multiple threads if you want. should look like this.

once you've selected all the posts you want to quote then just click the "Quote" button on another post or the "Go Advanced" button. if you have quoted posts from threads other than the one you are posting in, you will have to look for the "add posts from other threads" link which will be under the "submit post" and "preview post" buttons. This will bring in every post that you have multiquoted above into your current post.

Hopefully that helps. pm me if not.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #444
Wm Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
for one this is a very touchy subject and for anyone that feels it should be locked I'm sorry but it will just cause another thread to pop up. and if that were merged it would cause another thread and so on and so forth.

As for your post holden, we know of a supercharged camaro running around. we also know what Fbodfather has said, and that no one in their right mind would think the Z28 ZL1 or wot not would be available at the start of production. and all the information being published right now about the Z28 being dead is only focusing on the start of regular production. because everyone that sells mags and wot not want to sell more mags later on they only publish what is in the short term and state it as fact when in reality it could/will change in the future. so they publish a new mag later on with more current info and they make more money. all this press about the Z being dead is just to sell mags or to draw up internet traffic. but yea.

so who cares what people feel when it comes to locking threads over the Z28. the ones that want it will just create new threads.

Partial quote of myself.
Quote:
Dude....I was sitting across the table from ED when he told me (having breakfast)..(I have nothing to do with Magnuson except I love my blower)
I was VERY displeased with his statement.

but again...NO supercharged Camaro is going to make production (FROM GM). there are a few running around he admits....but no production plans.

I got to ask him one question and that was his oration.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #445
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Partial quote of myself.
like I said. most people around right now are only focusing on the SORP. and that will be the answer you will recieve because of that. but the Z isn't dead and who's to say that the Z28 would be supercharged. could have been what was going to be a ZL1 that was supercharged. . .

everyone is ASSuming that the Z28 is a supercharged camaro. . .it's just speculation.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #446
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

Yeah, we have, and I think it However, I think we can all agree we all only want the best that the Camaro Team can provide us, regardless of what we want individually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
I kinda' thought the same in the beginning, however, I'm sure I come off like that, so I try to use smilies, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I have no real problem with people discussing it really, but ever since those articles have been popping up all over the net people have come here and made posts like "OH EM GEE TEY KEELED OUR Z28!!!" and its just kind of annoying, especially when we have been told by the father that it isn't dead.
The way my crazy mind works is that the more I try to positively post keeping the Z28 around, no matter what configuration, the more likely someone important at GM will see enthusiasm. I get carried away, but that's just how strongly I feel about it

Quote:
I suppose my confidence can be interrupted as cocky....I'm sorry if I've offended you.

I could be more respectful of others.

Not everyone wants what I want.

I just drool alot too....

It doesn't help making a statement as you did coming on the heals of other blogs and such saying the same thing; then us reading messages from people in or close to the project shoot down the incorrect statements. However, I know I could do better at not coming off short, as I'm sure I do - accidently - at times. I call on myself, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post

It's funny because the morning after the first announcement of a dead Z28, gtahvit and I were typing threads to save it simultaneously and he managed to finish his before I did. Ultimately, they were merged but I'm sure for people who don't care, it was probably annoying. I will say that I thought to myself, "if it's annoying, why read it? I don't read what I don't have interest in." However, I can say that the site that I run is so overrun with stupid threads that I pretty much just left it (well, that and because of the drama...) Anyways, a clean site is a nice site to visit and obtain and offer information/opinions.thoughts on, and this is one of those sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Radz,

Next to the quote icon at the bottom of each post is the multi quote icon.

looks like this.

You can turn this on in multiple posts from multiple threads if you want. should look like this.

once you've selected all the posts you want to quote then just click the "Quote" button on another post or the "Go Advanced" button. if you have quoted posts from threads other than the one you are posting in, you will have to look for the "add posts from other threads" link which will be under the "submit post" and "preview post" buttons. This will bring in every post that you have multiquoted above into your current post.

Hopefully that helps. pm me if not.

Mindz and gtahvit - Thanks for your help. As you can see, I am practicing, LOL

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #447
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
It's funny because the morning after the first announcement of a dead Z28, gtahvit and I were typing threads to save it simultaneously and he managed to finish his before I did. Ultimately, they were merged but I'm sure for people who don't care, it was probably annoying. I will say that I thought to myself, "if it's annoying, why read it? I don't read what I don't have interest in." However, I can say that the site that I run is so overrun with stupid threads that I pretty much just left it (well, that and because of the drama...) Anyways, a clean site is a nice site to visit and obtain and offer information/opinions.thoughts on, and this is one of those sites.
don't get me wrong I totally agree with merging threads but to lock down a thread and all won't stop people from creating new threads. that was my biggest point.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #448
Wm Holden

I'm still siding with passion as a good thing....

And in relation to posting up positive stuff and hoping GM see's it.

I have no clue why I was invited to an intimate round table meeting with Ed Welburn. I'm just a fanatic. (like yourselves I see)
And out of the blue....(to an e-mail address almost no-one on the planet knew i was involved in) I get the invite....It was way cooler then I ever expected....(I'm thinking college auditorium and thousands of nobodys)
and here's a room with ten people in it talking with ED WELBURN.....I'm not sure it's really sunk in YET!