Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 12-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #15
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Does it hurt you that we try to keep our house clean... Please enlighten me how it bothers you that we do what we are tasked with...
I never said it bothered me, as a matter of fact I said that it is necessary to an extent.

Quote:
I did a little looking, and the comment about you not knowing about all the sub-forums doesn't hold water... I went through approximately your first 100-125 or so posts... and you were in most every major sub, and quite a few minor sub forums... I can post them if you like...
If you look again you will notice that I was in The Cali section or i was participating in post that were moved. My first 100-125 post make up 1/5 of all my post. You will also notice that today i was most active in other threads because today i actually tried to click on all them and take a look (just like you asked us to do).

Quote:
Like I said in my last post, we were tasked with keeping the site organized and we are going to continue to do so... If it bothers you that much, while I hate to see members leave what I strongly feel is the very best Camaro forum on the internet, you do have options... No one is going to beg you to stay when you stir a pot like you have with this thread, intentionally starting it in the wrong area...
No one was talking about leaving, no one was begging, i had simple questions/ statements that i wanted to make regarding the "Mod Squads" sudden outburst of moving thread issues. MOST IMPORTANTLY i DID NOT start this in the wrong are area on purpose. Just because you know this site like that back of your hand does not mean that all other do also.

Quote:
Why should the other moderators and I not be ablee to enjoy this forum due to having to spend all of our time cleaning up crap left behind by non caring members... We were members before being selected to be moderators... and we are still members... None of us are paid a dime for our time... Which I certainly have no issue with... I personally enjoy being a member of the Best Camaro Site on the web...
You should be able to enjoy the site. Also, you missed my point. I was saying that some of the stuff you move is fine where it is. Sites like these take work, and you guys need to understand that not everyone has the time to go through ever nook and cranny of the site when they have a simple question to ask.
Quote:
We will keep this site organized, and people with large numbers of posts may start recieving infractions if they can't/won't even make an attempt to help... We are perfectly willing to help new members figure it out... as I have done with numerous members... but someone with as many post as you have in as many areas of the forum as you have been should know the appropriate areas to start new threads...
This is by far my favorite part of your post. This is the underlining message in my post. Be patient, accept the fact that it takes time to learn they way around the site. Just like you and all others that came before, people weren't born with an overwhelming abundance of knowledge on CAMARO5.

Now, let me clear things up. I MEANT NO DISRESPECT. I was sharing my thoughts and ideas. My person OPINION which i am entitled to.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #16
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1 View Post
Yes it does and Thank you for your time, however there are no links needed, as I am not here to call anyone specific person out. What I can say is that it is being done in many threads, maybe thats what he or she or they, were told to do, maybe he or she or they were just on one for the last few days..

But I did just search posts and found 5 complaints or complaning just within the last few days on the first couple pages in CAPITOL letters in various threads. Also threads moved for whatever reason, then moved back to the original forum.
I'm with you on this. I noticed it and while it is just a friendly gesture, it is beginning to be a little too much.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #17
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I'm not a mod but I'll take a stab at this one. The rules state that if it fits into a subtopic then that's where it goes. So to fit that rule, you would have to put it in Square talk because it fits better than General Quadrilateral talk.

For me I could care less where a thread is located because I mainly only use the new post tab.
Hahahah i knew i was going to get called on that. I was just making a generalization. :P
But even then. If that were true then what would you put in the Quadrilateral section?
Old 12-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #18
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
Hahahah i knew i was going to get called on that. I was just making a generalization. :P
But even then. If that were true then what would you put in the Quadrilateral section?
You could start a thread that is a joke about two Quadrilaterals in a bar and a priest walks in.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #19
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
I never said it bothered me, as a matter of fact I said that it is necessary to an extent.

If you look again you will notice that I was in The Cali section or i was participating in post that were moved. My first 100-125 post make up 1/5 of all my post. You will also notice that today i was most active in other threads because today i actually tried to click on all them and take a look (just like you asked us to do).

No one was talking about leaving, no one was begging, i had simple questions/ statements that i wanted to make regarding the "Mod Squads" sudden outburst of moving thread issues. MOST IMPORTANTLY i DID NOT start this in the wrong are area on purpose. Just because you know this site like that back of your hand does not mean that all other do also.

You should be able to enjoy the site. Also, you missed my point. I was saying that some of the stuff you move is fine where it is. Sites like these take work, and you guys need to understand that not everyone has the time to go through ever nook and cranny of the site when they have a simple question to ask.

This is by far my favorite part of your post. This is the underlining message in my post. Be patient, accept the fact that it takes time to learn they way around the site. Just like you and all others that came before, people weren't born with an overwhelming abundance of knowledge on CAMARO5.

Now, let me clear things up. I MEANT NO DISRESPECT. I was sharing my thoughts and ideas. My person OPINION which i am entitled to.
Points taken and certainly to be considered... I actually thought about deleting this post after I put it up and read your last response to me...
I apologize for outbursting like I did... I was a little miffed at the tone taken in a response you made to someone else in this thread...

I agree it takes time to learn these forums... especially one as big as this... I will continue to help members as I can...

Again, we were tasked with keeping it organized, and we strive to do so... and like any person, we occasionally get frustrated... Not an excuse...

Thanks again for the comments and I will take them under consideration and other mods can certainly read this thread...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #20
The_cartoonist_88
Turbine Cowboy

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2LT Camaro
Quote:
I'm not a mod but I'll take a stab at this one. The rules state that if it fits into a subtopic then that's where it goes. So to fit that rule, you would have to put it in Square talk because it fits better than General Quadrilateral talk.

For me I could care less where a thread is located because I mainly only use the new post tab.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #21
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
You could start a thread that is a joke about two Quadrilaterals in a bar and a priest walks in.
Hahahah i guess! :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Points taken and certainly to be considered... I actually thought about deleting this post after I put it up and read your last response to me...
I apologize for outbursting like I did... I was a little miffed at the tone taken in a response you made to someone else in this thread...

I agree it takes time to learn these forums... especially one as big as this... I will continue to help members as I can...

Again, we were tasked with keeping it organized, and we strive to do so... and like any person, we occasionally get frustrated... Not an excuse...

Thanks again for the comments and I will take them under consideration and other mods can certainly read this thread...
100% no problem. No harm no foul. I understand that it can get very frustrating.
Also, your statements have not gone unheard, i will be making more of an effort to place my posts according to their proper location.
I apologize for coming off like an A-hole, it's just my personality lol. I honestly didn't mean any disrespect. thank you for your time.
Stieger, i'm amusing the bad attitude he heard was directed at you. I apologize, i had great respect for you before you became a mod while i was/am following your build thread, and continue to have great respect for you.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #22
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
OK you know what, as apparently some of you refuse to understand why we move and organize threads. Hypothetically, would you prefer if we could turn OFF the subforums for you (and/or any other member that wants this feature). Mind you you would have NO organization and threads would all be just one big list. If that's what you want then I will do my best to make that happen for you.

Quote:
Hahahah i guess! :P

100% no problem. No harm no foul. I understand that it can get very frustrating.
Also, your statements have not gone unheard, i will be making more of an effort to place my posts according to their proper location.
I apologize for coming off like an A-hole, it's just my personality lol. I honestly didn't mean any disrespect. thank you for your time.
Stieger, i'm amusing the bad attitude he heard was directed at you. I apologize, i had great respect for you before you became a mod while i was/am following your build thread, and continue to have great respect for you.
Thank you much, and no worries. A tough childhood of beatings taught me to roll with the punches. Thank you for that last part, it's really appreciated. I honestly do my best to help out where I can, and I mean I kind of cheat the subforum system because I use the "New Posts" button more than anything. The way I look at the subforum thing is as a hierarchy. Here's my analogy without using shapes (btw I was not in any way trying to be condescending with the shapes thing - it just seemed like a really good example to me).

OK so Congress right. Let's say I have a question about the emissions laws of California in regards to my SS. So my first option is to ask all of congress this question (the general camaro subforum). Now while I will get a LOT of responses, how many of them do you think are accurate? I mean the entire congress can't specialize in California emissions laws can it? How would it do anything else. OK so my next step is to go ask the State Emissions committee (the V8 exhaust, bolt-on, engine subforum). Now I'm getting somewhere, these guys are giving me specific details about emissions laws. Problem is, the committee is like 15 people and they can't all be from California right? So now I need to hunt down the California represenative on the State Emissions committee (Cali - regional subforum). Bam this guy knows his shit. He answers all my questions in under 30 minutes.

So where I'm going with this is that yes, you can ask all of congress your question, but how helpful will that be? Getting all of these different responses at once? Wouldn't it be easier, AND faster to go find the California represenative on the State Emissions committee? His only job is to know California state emissions laws, so he'll probably answer your question in a matter of minutes.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #23
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
OK you know what, as apparently some of you refuse to understand why we move and organize threads. Hypothetically, would you prefer if we could turn OFF the subforums for you (and/or any other member that wants this feature). Mind you you would have NO organization and threads would all be just one big list. If that's what you want then I will do my best to make that happen for you.
EDIT: NVM YOU WEREN'T FINISHED lol. my bad.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #24
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
>>>>>moved to the "movies and theater talk" section. >>>>>GET LOST MR. POPCORN>>>>>
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #25
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post

Thank you much, and no worries. A tough childhood of beatings taught me to roll with the punches. Thank you for that last part, it's really appreciated. I honestly do my best to help out where I can, and I mean I kind of cheat the subforum system because I use the "New Posts" button more than anything. The way I look at the subforum thing is as a hierarchy. Here's my analogy without using shapes (btw I was not in any way trying to be condescending with the shapes thing - it just seemed like a really good example to me).

OK so Congress right. Let's say I have a question ....
I learn something new every day i'm on here. I had no idea what the new post button did. I'm going to click it right now!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #26
Harley1

Drives: Ahh....DCB F29
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
>>>>>moved to the "movies and theater talk" section.
Harley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is HILARIOUS!!!!

I think I'm going to rename it quadrilaterals and squares with a priest mixed in there somewhere and see if it gets moved to the off topic section!

hey...

If I may for a quick moment.....

I completely understand both of y'alls points...members and mods.

It kind of sounds like there's a tone of frustration? maybe? from mods in threads when they get moved? Does that sound right?

If that's the case, we can make a generalized post about the thread being moved...copy/paste type of thing so as not to come off like, "ANOTHER....thread moved to teh correct section" ....if that's how it sounds.

On the other hand, Stieger makes an AWESOME point. Take away all subforums and the search key is the only way you are ever going to find something....IF you are lucky and if you know what to search for.

OP, I will admit...there have been times where the "square" could have gone in the "quadrilateral" section...and it would have been okay, but might have been moved (and could have been left). If something like that ever comes up (where something is moved that you believe shouldn't have been), then report the post and ask why. It's really as easy as that. Your question goes out to 15 of us and one of us will get back to you copying the other 15 mods.

We don't want to come across as bull dozers moving all the threads out of the main section. But, when someone posts up, "these headers or those headers" in the main general section, you can best believe that thread (guessing it's for V8 headers) the thread will be moved over to that section. As Stieger said, the OP is going to get more EDUCATED replies by people in the know in that section.

We are only trying to keep a clean house. Organized is GOOD. While we don't want to go overboard, we still need to do the best we can. Just for kicks, keep an eye on the main section for a while.... I can pretty much guarantee you there will be a day where a good 15 threads are started there that could have gone 15 other places....and one of us is going to get the task of moving them all. Gets annoying. What is even more annoying for us is when someone states repeatedly that they knew the thread shouldn't have been started there, but they didn't care. Really? Sheesh....(and this is by NO means a complaint against you,....promise).

Anyway....some insight from little old me.

And, this is just one little part of being a mod. On a side note, I banned about 60 spammers over the past three days trying to keep this a cleaner site for all of you guys. And I know a few others got probably same if not more. Yep... We do our best to keep our "home" clean so it's a better place for you. Please, by all means, if you have a concern, ask. We welcome questions and will do our best to help you and the others understand.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #28
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

I have to say, about the spamers. You guys do a DAMN good job. I have not seen one accept today in the back corner of the darkest space on this site and he was already banned.
But i was wondering, what do they normally want? are they like advertisement or just annoying people?

Tags
mods, moved topics