Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
shanmoon

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
New SS Front End on my V6

Ok, so basically I am just whining, but I am so mad!!!!

I spent all day Saturday putting the new SS front end I bought from a forum member onto my V6 (yeah, I have had mailslot and scanner envy since I bought my 2LT)....

Photo pre-damage:

...And some "nice" person squirted what looks like superglue or epoxy or something all over the front of the hood and keyed it. :( I keep her in the garage when not driving her, but she was out on the street ONE DAY...to keep her safe while a new house AC was being installed... I didn't want workman scratching her, sigh. I feel like I am a bad "car mom" now. My body shop appointment is Friday, hopefully they can fix her quickly, but I have a feeling it is going to take sanding down. On the brighter side, at least the gunk isn't on the rally stripes, so they shouldn't need replacing. Sigh.

My V8 build thread: doesn't exist yet! Too busy modding!

Last edited by shanmoon; 06-12-2012 at 07:09 PM.
shanmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Jmiller

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
SS front bumper looks so much better in my opinion. Great visual upgrade you have done. Enjoy.

624 RWHP, 524 RWTQ
Jmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
DJ_mEe

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Camaro
I have always had the same envy!! How did you get yours??
DJ_mEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
SS front end looks much better
Old 06-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
you sure its glue? not tree sap or bird crap? you'd be surprised the damage to car paint that bird turd can cause.... try some mayonnaise. that stuff will clean about anything off car pain.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
Interlux

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS - SW/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
you sure its glue? not tree sap or bird crap? you'd be surprised the damage to car paint that bird turd can cause.... try some mayonnaise. that stuff will clean about anything off car pain.
I stopped reading after the picture I thought it was the signature - so I had no idea what you were talking about for a hot second haha

Interlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #7

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
...or even try Goo-Gone...can't hurt...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmoon View Post

I spent all day Saturday putting the new SS front end I bought from a forum member onto my V6 (yeah, I have had mailslot and scanner envy since I bought my 2LT)....

...And some "nice" person squirted what looks like superglue or epoxy or something all over the front of the hood. :( I keep her in the garage when not driving her, but she was out on the street ONE DAY...to keep her safe while a new house AC was being installed... I didn't want workman scratching her, sigh. I feel like I am a bad "car mom" now. My body shop appointment is Friday, hopefully they can fix her quickly, but I have a feeling it is going to take sanding down. On the brighter side, at least the gunk isn't on the rally stripes, so they shouldn't need replacing. Sigh.
Orange on black brotha
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
invaderzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlux View Post
I stopped reading after the picture I thought it was the signature - so I had no idea what you were talking about for a hot second haha

LOL yea it seems I'm the only one here who read it all. no one else has offered anything other than a "thumbs up" for the swap.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #10
invaderzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...or even try Goo-Gone...can't hurt...
in my experience, Goo gone isn't very effective. I tried it on some bird droppings once for 2 days and NOTHING. then a guy told me the mayo trick or peanut butter and I thought he was messing with me. he went outside with it, covered it and wiped it off like nothing. I was
Old 06-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
See, that's kind of ironic. I don't like the SS bumper and if I had one (an SS) I would want an LT front bumper. Just my opinion though, I am glad it worked out for shanmoon.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
SSSugar
American Muscle Car Club

Drives: '11 2SS/RS Summit White/IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Acetone will dissolve super-glue.

Just be sure to follow up with polish and/or wax.
Yeah, try some nail polish remover, but be sure to WAX after!

1972 Camaro Z-28 (Baby), Haul Ass Orange w/black stripes, 350 crate motor, black powder coated wheels
License Plate: 2Cool Z

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Spice), Inferno Orange Metallic w/painted Summit White rally stripes, LS3 6-speed (HIS) License Plate: 2Cool SS

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Sugar), Summit White w/ painted Inferno Orange Metallic rally stripes, Inferno Orange interior, L99 automatic (HERS) License Plate: 1Kool SS
SSSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
invaderzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Acetone will dissolve super-glue.

Just be sure to follow up with polish and/or wax.
bad thing is, that's pretty much what a bodyshop will do then turn around and charge the owner a small fortune for "all the work that had to be done to it..."
Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmoon View Post

...And some "nice" person squirted what looks like superglue or epoxy or something all over the front of the hood. :( I keep her in the garage when not driving her, but she was out on the street ONE DAY...to keep her safe while a new house AC was being installed... I didn't want workman scratching her, sigh. I feel like I am a bad "car mom" now. My body shop appointment is Friday, hopefully they can fix her quickly, but I have a feeling it is going to take sanding down. On the brighter side, at least the gunk isn't on the rally stripes, so they shouldn't need replacing. Sigh.

Probably an SS owner.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote