Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #15
jontejera

Drives: 2LT RS Imperial Blue
any news, I'm tired of this crap and dont want to have to keep adding new music to 2 things. My iphone should be enough.
jontejera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #16
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Mine is doing the same thing. There was a PMID update out on March 5th, I am going to the dealer to get the update and see if that fixes the problem. But from reading this thread, it seems that Apple's update to the iPhone is the cause.

One question, when you guys do plug your iPhone 3G/3GS into your Camaro, does it give you that "Not a compatible device and you should put it in Airplane Mode"?
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #17
drhoades

Drives: 2010 2SS
Can anyone confirm if the 120G ipod classic has this problem or not? I have it with my touch, but I'm willing to get a classic if that works better.

Thanks.
drhoades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:41 AM   #18
Ex-stang

Drives: "Sergeant" a 1LT/SIM/RS/CONN/BA/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Hey sorry guys! I've been really busy here at work and haven't had as much time to browse the forums as I would like to.

This issue seems to only occur with iPod Touch and iPhone. From what I heard from the software team a while back, the 3.0 firmware really slowed down the iPod Touch's communication over USB. I don't know if that is contributing to the errors in the menus or if there's another issue. This issue has been reported to the PDIM team, but I haven't heard an update from them, so I'll check again and see what I can find.

I think the suggestion from AdnanHfuda is a good one. If you happen to have another iPod, or even a USB stick, you could try those to see if it is any different. I would bet that it would work properly as these issues seem to be around the iPod Touch and iPhone.

Mine is brand new brought it home 2 days ago and my 4g usb flash drive does same thing.When i search all of a sudden screen goes blank music keeps going but no display i actually have to pull out stick stop engine to have the indexing restart before i can see the menus/titles etc again.
Ex-stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #19
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Same crap

I had a similar problem with my Zune. It would not let me search by playlists and if I was listening to the Zune and I hit a bump or turned a corner to sharp it would cut out and start playing the radio. it got so annoying. I took it to the dealership 4 times before I got it fixed and I had to go and talk to the Sales Manager and Owner of the Car Lot to get it fixed. They finaly replaced the control module and wiring harness for the Dash.
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote