Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #15
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Here is a better picture at a heightened view
Attached Images

LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #16
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Those tiny magnets are not going to affect anything. You need a very very very very strong magnet to affect any of the electronics, speakers, or other equipment in your car.

Its almost like the same myth that a magnet near your hard drive will destroy it, or dont use a magnetic screw driver near a computer.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #17
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
I'm waiting for the IPad 3
I heard there is going to be a app for the Ipad 3, that you will be able to drive around your Camaro like a RC car
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #18
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
i think that will be ipad 27.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #19
AuSStinVRCamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Is the cover red or orange??
AuSStinVRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:15 AM   #20
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I wonder if it would work if you got a magnet strip from say Home Depot and used that. At least that way you wouldnt have the cover like that. Also I'm trying to get the 32gb WiFi one and its been a pain. I may just have to wait til demand slows down a bit or production begins to meet it. It would def be a nice entertainment piece for the car.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #21
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I saw where Garmin had an new iPhone app that cost like $35. I was it on my brother-n-law's iPhone and it looked and perfromed exactly like my stand alone Garmin.

I'm assuming you could put that on your iPad and then you would have an aswesome Nav System.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #22
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSStinVRCamaro View Post
Is the cover red or orange??
It's the Product Red SmartCover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
I wonder if it would work if you got a magnet strip from say Home Depot and used that. At least that way you wouldnt have the cover like that. Also I'm trying to get the 32gb WiFi one and its been a pain. I may just have to wait til demand slows down a bit or production begins to meet it. It would def be a nice entertainment piece for the car.
Depends if you are looking at Apple Store's for iPad's or other retailers like Best Buy. Apple Stores are getting a good amount of shipments, but they sell out quickly. Call them around 9 am everyday and they will tell you what they have. Just a friendly insider tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I saw where Garmin had an new iPhone app that cost like $35. I was it on my brother-n-law's iPhone and it looked and perfromed exactly like my stand alone Garmin.
I'm assuming you could put that on your iPad and then you would have an aswesome Nav System.
I was thinking about doing that with the TOMTOM. I may have to try that out today. I'll get back to you on how it does
Old 03-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #23
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
I hate everything Apple, but that would be pretty cool to do with an Android Tablet! Looks pretty cool though!
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #24
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Bi Winning....

I think I'm gonna go iPad shopping today. This totally helps.

Thanks for the share and .
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #25
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Drives: 2010 black Camaro 2SS/RS
DUDE, i just got my ipad 2 a couple days ago and did the EXACT same thing with my smart cover. I'm thinking about building a bracket to hold it more officially, but this will do for now

Old 03-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #26
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain McFunk View Post
DUDE, i just got my ipad 2 a couple days ago and did the EXACT same thing with my smart cover. I'm thinking about building a bracket to hold it more officially, but this will do for now

A BIG +1 my friend. Well done!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #27
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
I hate everything Apple, but that would be pretty cool to do with an Android Tablet! Looks pretty cool though!
Why you hate on Apple?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #28
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
I'm a "pro-Apple" guy but not a fanboi.

I've seen both sides of it.
The people that hate everything Apple just do it because it's "cool" to do it. Why do you hate on Apple? Is it because they basically revolutionize with each NEW recent product they bring out? (I'm not talking about v2.0s or newer...I'm talking about the v1.0.)

iPod. Yes, the mp3 player was around...but the mp3/portable music harddrive didn't kick into high gear until the iPod was launched. How many portable CD players are being sold?

iPhone. Yes, there were smartphones prior to the iPhone's launch. But how many full touchscreens? Also, how many "non-business" type people had a smartphone? Now the majority of people do. (Aside from the "non-tech-savvy" crowd).

iPad. Sure, it had it's shortcomings...but again...it was the first one on the market that really put them into the hands of the public. There may have been tablets prior, but nobody ran out or clamored for them.

You have the right to hate on Apple all you want, but you can't deny the impact the company has had on the general population and the tech-world. They are the cutting edge.

That being said, do I think they always have the best products? No. Do I think Apple is the end-all-be-all? No. Do I own an iMac? Yes. Do I own a PC? Yes.

I've done some comparison (still haven't decided on the Xoom or the iPad2 yet) tests and they both have their downfalls. Still, for what I (me personally) want/need...the iPad2 delivers more (even though the Xoom has better hardware...and a better tablet OS).

The biggest downfalls the Xoom has for me are:
1. No Netflix (I'm using this for travel...this is huge for me)
2. Apps (The apps are just the apps for the Android phone...scaled up to fit the screen. No apps have been written specifically for the Xoom (this is changing though).
3. Web Surfing (I don't consider the tablet to be a mobile unit...so why do a LOT of webpages open up the mobile versions of them? The iPad2 opens the full versions of the same websites)
4. Video on the web. (Certain websites won't play videos...(like CNN for instance...but they'll play on the iPad2).
5. Price. Sorry, but I don't want to pay $100 more AND be locked into a contract.
6. Battery Life. Again, I'll be using this for travel...and the longer the battery life, the better.

It excels here:
1. Flash is coming (this is a big one...but rumor has it that Adobe is working with Apple to come up with something that will convert the Flash videos into a different format)
2. Search is great.
3. The OS is better than the iPads.
4. Cameras are better
5. Video Conferencing can be done with anyone that has a webcam and a gmail account.
6. Multitasking is slicker too...

They're both great products...but they each have their downfalls. To go through life with blinders on seems silly but to each their own.

Give them both a shot and decide for yourself. I did...and I STILL haven't officially made up my mind yet.