Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #43
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
Nice job on the investigation Speedy!! I've worked at Chevrolet dealerships for almost 20 years now and I've only seen one instance where it's been suggested to GM that a warranty be blocked.

They had to have overwhelming evidence to support their theory, GM doesn't waste any of it's legal teams time screwing around with guessing and hearsay.

Paul
Do you work at Firment?
Old 03-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #44
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS

OP is a ^#%$ mother ^&#$#%@.

Give US normal ppl a bad name. Makes dealers look at us good guys funny when strange things happen to the car.

Im just pissed......dude should never be allowed to own a car, much less the best car out there.
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #45
JAG Sarge

Drives: 2013 Sixer DD
Nothing from the OP yet?

Racing breaks s***, sorry but it happens. If my car weren't my DD, would I race it? Hell yeah (although I wouldn't have gotten a 6 ). I've been driving mine like a freaking Grandma b/c it's my DD and has to last for the length of the note! I will take my 70 Stang out to the ol' drag strip though, and if something breaks well then something breaks and I'll fix it when I get around to it.

IMHO, sounds like some racer's/modder's remorse.
JAG Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #46
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 2SS
There won't be a reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG Sarge View Post
Nothing from the OP yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
There will be no reply. He will go hide. He knows what he has done.

We can pile all the wood on the fire we want. He won't be back. We can all go back to our "normal" lives, there's nothing to see here.
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #47
scca vette

Drives: 2013 Camaro & 2003 Corvette Z06
The dealer will be able to take a oil sample and have it analyzed and determine if the car was ran on spray. I have seen it done many times and it was cut and dry results with little cost involved.

I worked at a Buick dealer out of high school and you would be amazed at how many Grand National's and T-Type Buicks were brought it with toasted motors from running Nitrous.

I have ran nitrous on numerous cars over the years with 0 issue however you need to know what you are doing and make sure the car is set up for it.
scca vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:29 PM   #48
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
Do you work at Firment?

Yes, I've been here for 5 years now.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #49
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
unfortunately not only will this thread go viral...but C5 will become a must read for all service departments who have morons dragging there 4k pound hunk of metal into the dealer saying "wtf" it ran fine yesterday?!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #50
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
unfortunately not only will this thread go viral...but C5 will become a must read for all service departments who have morons dragging there 4k pound hunk of metal into the dealer saying "wtf" it ran fine yesterday?!
I don't think that's the problem. This is a sports car/muscle car. If they weren't expecting you to race it or be hard on it they wouldn't have given it 426hp.

The problem is when someone buys one of these cars and adds nitrous to it, doesn't take ANY safety precautions and knowingly beats the shit out of it like that, brings the car to the dealer for an "unknown rough idle problem" because a valve is probably been burned up or worse, knowing they went above and beyond what the warranty covers and then expects the dealer to fork out the bill. Its cheating, lying, dishonest.

If this car was 100℅ stock or just simple Bolt on's (no power adders or internal modifications what so ever), and as long as it wasn't tuned you sure as hell should bring it to the dealer if its rough idling or has issues running.

Theirs a big difference. That's like putting a Maggie on the car and blowing a rod through the block and then pulling the blower off and "return it to stock" and letting gm pay the bill for it. I bet a few people have done that, and its wrong and you all know it.

This guy just went above and beyond though by going back and erasing shit he said to "hide his tracks".

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:16 PM   #51
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I agree with everything you said. i was just meaning to say that i would hate to see a bunch of us start to have issues with dealers all over mods and warranty work....my experience has been good with the dealers i have dealt with they have all been mod friendly. from what i have seen here thats not always the case with others. i just hate to see one moron ruin it for us.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #52
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
Yes, I've been here for 5 years now.

Paul
Jason is my son in law I bought my car from him.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #53
lvrtrnsplnt

Drives: 2012 LT2 Camaro Convertable
interesting post and responses from all :-) thanks for sharing the knowledge.
lvrtrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #54
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
He will never come back here. He can t be that stupid....or can he?

Hes a liar....no other reasoning needed for this situation. I hate liars.
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:58 AM   #55
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
Jason is my son in law I bought my car from him.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I remember, you've got one sweet ride!!

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #56
DefusingDanger

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS
Guys speedy is right, he will not post here agian. He has been on this thread at least three times since it blew up. He has surfed other threads but has not bothered to post as of yet. When he does all eyes will be on him. Surely nobody will be shy about calling him out, right?
EOD is "A science of vague assumptions, based on debatable figures taken from inconclusive experiments, performed with instruments of problematical accuracy, by persons with doubtful reliability and questionable mentality"
DefusingDanger is offline   Reply With Quote