Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #57
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Honestly this is the shit that pisses me off. Theres soo many known cases on Camaro5 alone about this issue. Pathetic
Hope you get this resolved man, if not try to contact some automotive blogs and people to bring the issue up.
Theres a reason why GM suddenly switched to the LFX
If I didnt love the camaro soo much, I wouldve sold it. Most unreliable car I have ever owned. More brittle than the 30 year old cars that drive next to it.
This will be my last GM car. I have said it time and time before, and continued to buy thinking it would be different this time, totally wrong. And the worst part is majority of the people I speak to who have owned many cars agree. You get the odd few strong GM cars, the rest have problems, and some re down right lemons.
I traded up for the SS after the second time. I figured the issue was specific with the LT and I wasn't going to take another chance after my second time. I stayed loyal only due to GM taking care of all my issues and also allowing me to trade up and taking care of me the way they did.

I understand GM looks at this case by case but they need to open up their eyes and see there is a huge issue here. Engines going out with low miles is unacceptable. Everyone has the same story and everyone shocked at the oil consumption or lack of oil at all. I have been so glad I did my oil changes at the dealer because my first time they saw barely any oil but they had records that it was just done recently and oddly enough the DIC shower I still had a ways to go before an oil change.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #58
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Honestly this is the shit that pisses me off. Theres soo many known cases on Camaro5 alone about this issue. Pathetic
Hope you get this resolved man, if not try to contact some automotive blogs and people to bring the issue up.
Theres a reason why GM suddenly switched to the LFX
If I didnt love the camaro soo much, I wouldve sold it. Most unreliable car I have ever owned. More brittle than the 30 year old cars that drive next to it.
This will be my last GM car. I have said it time and time before, and continued to buy thinking it would be different this time, totally wrong. And the worst part is majority of the people I speak to who have owned many cars agree. You get the odd few strong GM cars, the rest have problems, and some re down right lemons.
I'm there with you... I've bought plenty of GM vehicles over the years, but I seriously doubt I will purchase another GM product... And while my Camaro didn't have any engine problems, i did have an Acadia with an LLT motor that lost 2 sets of timing chains in 82,000 miles... and yes, GM covered them but regardless it's still a hassle and eventually i would run out of warranty....

And after seeing all the blown engine threads and now this one where GM is denying the claim... Sorry, GM, don't think you'll be getting any more of my money... which is sad, because I do like a number of your vehicles...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #59
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6 IOM FlwMstr
Jessica from GM Customer Service Private messaged me back in response to my request to have the dealer's DMA contact me and explain this decision.

She wrote: "... We are further reviewing your case, and an agent will be in contact with you within the next 24-48 business hours..."

This is good news that they are still in contact with me but it does not sound like it will be the DMA that will be contacting me.

Stay tuned...
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #60
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
If the engine had been run several times with low oil, why didn't the dashboard ever tell you the oil was low? Or did it? Does the LLT not have an oil level sensor?

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #61
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
If the engine had been run several times with low oil, why didn't the dashboard ever tell you the oil was low? Or did it? Does the LLT not have an oil level sensor?
My neighbor brought this same point up this weekend. No I never got a low oil light. Pretty amazing when you consider the dealer started the engine just prior to dismantling and got 30 PSI on the gauge and no check oil light. When he tore it apart he said there was only 2 quarts in the system.

I decided to write another message to Jessica at GM customer service that succinctly shows why I do not agree with the initial decision.

Quote:

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for help on this issue.

Here are is some more information that pertains to this case.

I have owned the car since 3/22/13. I have never seen a check engine light nor a check oil light. I have checked the oil several times and it always read a full dipstick.

In my previous email I mentioned that Jiffy Lube receipt on 4/7/13 stated no oil on the dipstick prior to service. That is not an indicator of inadequate oil. When I got my oil changed a Jiffy Lube I made sure my engine was hot and that there were no people in line so that I could drive in and immediately get serviced. The Camaro manual states: "...give the oil several minutes to drain back into the oil pan. If this is not done, the oil dipstick might not show the actual level....". Since I was able to get immediate service at Jiffy Lube, the oil would have still been up in the upper part of the engine and would not have drained back into the pan. Hence no oil on the dipstick. Had several minutes passed, the dipstick would have read a reading. Especially since I had checked the dipstick that same morning and it indicated full

When I talked to service manager at the dealer on 9/23/13, I had asked him if he had talked to the DMA about my case and if he had made a decision about my car. I do not know if he had talked to the DMA but he said that everything was on track to have this covered under warranty. The car measured no oil on the dip stick but since there were
- no leaks
- the drain plug was in
- no cracks in the block or pan
He indicated that he was going to spend 10.5 hours to pull the car apart to figure out what the issue was. I explained to him that I really wanted to know if it was or was not going to be covered if he was going to expend that much time. He assured me that everything was on track to be covered under warranty.

He also noted that before he pulled the motor on the car, he started it and the oil pressure read 30 psi, there oil life was 22% according to the computer and there was no check engine light and no low oil light even though the car was making some obvious clanking and banging due to the rod bearing.

He only pulled apart the motor because he assured me that because my last oil change was 3,023 miles prior that all that damage should not have happened. Especially when I had checked the oil 3 days prior and it read full on the dipstick.
She quickly wrote responded back that she documented this in my case for the agent to review.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #62
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Curtis called back from GM and said that since no new facts have been presented in this case, the position that GM is taking has not changed and my warranty claim is being denied.

I will now call back to the dealer and see how they would like to handle this now.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #63
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
This thread has encouraged me to check my oil level immediately before oil changes.

I hope they get this sorted for you. What I want to know is.... why isn't catastrophic oil loss it's own problem that ought to be covered under warantee...?
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #64
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey_frac View Post
This thread has encouraged me to check my oil level immediately before oil changes.

I hope they get this sorted for you. What I want to know is.... why isn't catastrophic oil loss it's own problem that ought to be covered under warantee...?
Typically the cases we've seen here HAVE been covered... I think I would spend a couple hundred bucks and talk to a lawyer at this point...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #65
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Typically the cases we've seen here HAVE been covered... I think I would spend a couple hundred bucks and talk to a lawyer at this point...
Im going to have to second this!
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #66
stevey_frac

Quote:
If that's the case... then I'd have to agree!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #67
KeepItShut

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
KeepItShut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #68
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
This is very depressing. I sure hope it gets resolved so it will be covered.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #69
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks View Post
My neighbor brought this same point up this weekend. No I never got a low oil light. Pretty amazing when you consider the dealer started the engine just prior to dismantling and got 30 PSI on the gauge and no check oil light. When he tore it apart he said there was only 2 quarts in the system.

I decided to write another message to Jessica at GM customer service that succinctly shows why I do not agree with the initial decision.

She quickly wrote responded back that she documented this in my case for the agent to review.
The LLT does NOT have a low oil sensor, that is the reason you never got a warning.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #70
stevey_frac

Looking over at true delta, I looks like the single most common complaints on the 2010 Camaro were oil pan leaks and front seal oil leaks.

Check your oil guys! ABC! (Always be checking!)

Tags
blowup, engine, llt