Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #197
jayC1974

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss aqua blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS10RS View Post
another Arkansas Camaro owner, and I live in Sherwood with the jewel red 2SS, picked it up December, havent seen the blue camaro around yet but the color is off the chart-nice
I think I drove past you on Kiehl the other day, cant be too many Red jeweld camaros in our little town. Very nice car.
jayC1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #198
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC1974 View Post
Oh yeah hustle on over to Russell if you feel like being hustled and ripped off......that’s why I went to Chicago to get mine. That Russell tried to over charge me for by like 4000 dollars on the exact car they were trying to sell me that I eventually found myself in Chicago.

Sorry guy, I don't no if you work there but that place left a really bad taste in my mouth and seeing what you posted just had to say something.
Sorry to hear that. They were selling all of thier pre-orders at sticker and sent out an email stating that as well. I don't know anyone who bought there and paid more than sticker. Bobby Smith was my salesperson. Who did you talk to?

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #199
jayC1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post
Sorry to hear that. They were selling all of thier pre-orders at sticker and sent out an email stating that as well. I don't know anyone who bought there and paid more than sticker. Bobby Smith was my salesperson. Who did you talk to?

-Mark.

Here's what happend, I posted this in another thread

I was looking for an ABM here in Arkansas, found a dealer who located one out of state. We could not come to agreement on my trade in and they would not come down on the price. They were not charging over MSRP, they wanted 35,655 for it and that’s what it cost with the options. Well when we could not come to agreement for the deal I asked them to tell me where the car was and I would deal with the directly, they literally laughed and said no and hung up on me. Well the sales person had faxed me a list of options on the car and accidentally left the VIN# on the fax. It took 5 min to locate the car on the internet, it was in Frankfort IL. I called them up asked if they still had it, it listed on there web site for 35,655. I asked them how much and he said 35,655 but would sell it to me for 33,200, I was like DAMN I will take it. I asked how much would it cost to ship it to me he said 400, the dealer in Arkansas was charging me 1000 to get it to me. Well my car is shipping this morning and I plan on going by my dealer to show it off and tell them they could have had a sell if they weren’t so damn stingy lol.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #200
2SS10RS

Drives: over the speed limit
Quote:
I think I drove past you on Kiehl the other day, cant be too many Red jeweld camaros in our little town. Very nice car.
Thanks jayC,

+1
2SS10RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #201
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC1974 View Post
Here's what happend, I posted this in another thread

I was looking for an ABM here in Arkansas, found a dealer who located one out of state. We could not come to agreement on my trade in and they would not come down on the price. They were not charging over MSRP, they wanted 35,655 for it and that’s what it cost with the options. Well when we could not come to agreement for the deal I asked them to tell me where the car was and I would deal with the directly, they literally laughed and said no and hung up on me. Well the sales person had faxed me a list of options on the car and accidentally left the VIN# on the fax. It took 5 min to locate the car on the internet, it was in Frankfort IL. I called them up asked if they still had it, it listed on there web site for 35,655. I asked them how much and he said 35,655 but would sell it to me for 33,200, I was like DAMN I will take it. I asked how much would it cost to ship it to me he said 400, the dealer in Arkansas was charging me 1000 to get it to me. Well my car is shipping this morning and I plan on going by my dealer to show it off and tell them they could have had a sell if they weren’t so damn stingy lol.
OK - They had to first buy it from the other guy (who has no reason to cut Russell much of a deal) and transport it here, then make a few dollars on the sale in some way. That did not work out. You then asked them to help you buy a car elsewhere and cut them out of the deal. They thought that was ridiculous.

I am not sure I would not put them in the same category as the guys on our bad dealers list but I hear your frustration. You just want a car and they just want to make a buck. If you two can't do a deal then you both have no reason to work with each other. No harm, no foul.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #202
jayC1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post
OK - They had to first buy it from the other guy (who has no reason to cut Russell much of a deal) and transport it here, then make a few dollars on the sale in some way. That did not work out. You then asked them to help you buy a car elsewhere and cut them out of the deal. They thought that was ridiculous.

I am not sure I would not put them in the same category as the guys on our bad dealers list but I hear your frustration. You just want a car and they just want to make a buck. If you two can't do a deal then you both have no reason to work with each other. No harm, no foul.

-Mark.
No they said they had a trade. Russell had a car that they wanted so they were going to switch. So that was that. I kept asking them if they could either come down on the car I was trying to buy or give me more for my trade in. They said no they couldn’t. They kept blaming the other dealer for not coming down on the price of the car.......I don’t no how it works, I just knew we were about a 1000 dollars off to making the deal. They told me that the other dealer was selling the car for 35thousand, which was a lie. They were selling it for 33thousand. The sales people at Russell said if the other dealer would come down on the car we could make a deal, which were an out right LIE. They also said that it would cost around 1200 dollars to get the car to me, which was a LIE, it cost 400. So sorry I would put the people at Russell Chevrolet in the category as Dirty Greedy Salesmen. After we closed the deal over the phone and the car was mine, the sales women at Russell called me, and asked if I was still interested in buying the camaro we were talking about...... I asked if the other dealer was willing to come down on the price so we could work something out.....she said and I quote. "Nope they wont budge on the price, ive tried and tried but they wont come down on it"......I said wow, that’s surprising cause I just bought that car for 3000 less then what you are trying to sell it to me for right now.........Um yeah she hung up on me.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #203
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
From jayC1974 [......I said wow, that’s surprising cause I just bought that car for 3000 less then what you are trying to sell it to me for right now.........Um yeah she hung up on me]

All I can say is....YOU are the MAN! Great story and awesome ending.
File this under "The Greedy Car Dealers" fo sho'!

I wish I could be there when you do the Victory drive-by at the dealership! But if I were you, I'd call beforehand and make sure that the salesperson you talked to was on duty!!!!

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.

Last edited by ZYAL8R; 02-26-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: added
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #204
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
She's finally home! Dreams do come true.

haha was this in phil wright in russellville?
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #205
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Any new members to the Razorback crew?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:07 PM   #206
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkySS View Post
Any new members to the Razorback crew?