Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #141
stratman
Goldmember

Drives: 06 CTS-V
While I understand your feelings about the shots he takes at Americans they still don't have anything to do with his opinion of the car. I hear Americans talk in the same manner about the English and every other country on this earth on an equal basis. And as My fellow central Floridian points out, he takes shots at everybody. Including making fun of his own countrymen. It doesn't get to be OK as long as it's not us. And the fast food sequence should make you mad because that criticism is valid.

You have to understand that he isn't an auto journalist. He has built a career on his personality and his gut shot humor is part of it. I highly doubt there is any true resentment there. It's just how he gets laughs. And most of his jabs are either half grounded in truth or over the top ridiculous just for the sake of it.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #142
Kalenn
Fan of all things Camaro

Drives: '13 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport

If you watch this video it's obvious that Jeremy has changed his tune when it comes to the Corvette. He even goes on to say these little gems, "It even has a proper manual gear box. None of these STUPID flappy paddles! Simple traction control; on or off. Are you listening Ferrari!? Well done fat man from Kentucky! This is a masterpiece!" Yes, the guys do poke fun at the car and badmouth it because of the plastic body panels and how "ridiculous" the styling is. In Britain that's how it is. However, here in America, we love our muscle cars and the styling suits us just fine.

I don't think people give Clarkson, May and Hammond enough credit. While they are obviously very patriotic when it comes to Britain they also have no problem with badmouthing a bad car regardless of who builds it. Honestly I believe if TG does review the Camaro you will get an honest opinion of the car. Keyword here being, "opinion".

We already know the Camaro is amazing.

"E for electricity... V For Chevy Volt and me!"
Old 11-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #143
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
http://videos.camaroz28.com/video/74...e6016125d2.htm

They already talked about the Camaro on TopGear - they wont *ever* review it. they hate it.

"What is this underneath, underneath this is a Vauxhal VXR, which is really a Holden, so what the Americans have done, yea, is they've gone, 'we need some sophistication here, we'll call the Austrailians!' - That's like saying 'I want some style for my wedding, I'll get 7 crates of Lager'..."
Old 11-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #144
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
LMAO @ anyone who really gets butthurt by watching this show.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #145
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
See at first Top Gear irritated me because I was really mad about how they reviewed any cars from the "Colonies" as they put it. I realized something however, if you are actually irritated at what they are saying, you are taking the show too seriously. Since then it's become one of my favorite TV shows. Even my wife can watch it with me sometimes. Bottom line is this, I really don't care what Clarkson says about the car so long as we get some real sideways, tire smoking action around the top gear test track I could care less if HE doesn't like the car
Old 11-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #146
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
The problem is that they keep badmouthing American people. I don't care if it is to get ratings. I don't know of any American car review shows that go out of their way to shoot down British or European cars. I mean some Americans have a problem with Japanese cars, but I've never seen reputable review shows call Japanese cars "ricers" or "superior, sophisticated, strapping Americans just plain look and feel silly in a 370Z that was obviously made for street racing rice eaters." I think calling me a sterotypical fatman from Kentucky would be equally offensive. You can still be witty and entertaining without all the potshots. Keep your reviews relegated to cars and not where they come from.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #147
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
I don't pay much attention to automotive "elitists" - they tend to brag all day about the European supercars and pretty much dog on everything else that doesn't perform like a Ferrari.

You have to form your own opinions when it comes to shows like these, especially because they air them as an "in your face" slap to shock you. The whole point is that you'll watch, outraged, just to see how much more you can hate the hosts. Or you'll watch, amused, because you agree with what the hosts say - either way you are glued to the set and they achieve ratings.

The real questions are - "so what?" and "who cares?"
Old 11-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #148
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
The problem is that they keep badmouthing American people. I don't care if it is to get ratings. I don't know of any American car review shows that go out of their way to shoot down British or European cars. I mean some Americans have a problem with Japanese cars, but I've never seen reputable review shows call Japanese cars "ricers" or "superior, sophisticated, strapping Americans just plain look and feel silly in a 370Z that was obviously made for street racing rice eaters." I think calling me a sterotypical fatman from Kentucky would be equally offensive. You can still be witty and entertaining without all the potshots. Keep your reviews relegated to cars and not where they come from.

If you can't take his jokes why even watch. This isn't a reputable car review show. This is Top Gear. Do you really think driving a Ford Fiesta thru a mall is a road test. NO. This is Top Gear.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #149
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
http://videos.camaroz28.com/video/74...e6016125d2.htm

They already talked about the Camaro on TopGear - they wont *ever* review it. they hate it.

"What is this underneath, underneath this is a Vauxhal VXR, which is really a Holden, so what the Americans have done, yea, is they've gone, 'we need some sophistication here, we'll call the Austrailians!' - That's like saying 'I want some style for my wedding, I'll get 7 crates of Lager'..."
He loved the Vauxhall VXR8 (holden commodore, G8 GXP).

Yea, they made fun of it's Australian roots but they love the car itself.

And another, more recent review of the other Holdens (all with the LS3, Zeta platform).
Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #150
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
...and you don't find it insulting that he points out that Americans aren't creative or intelligent enough to design something like the Holden so we had to consult Australians about it?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #151
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Like I said, the show is not targeted at the American TV market. Too many people here wear their heart on their sleeves. And what American car show isn't boring as sin to watch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
I don't pay much attention to automotive "elitists" - they tend to brag all day about the European supercars and pretty much dog on everything else that doesn't perform like a Ferrari.

You have to form your own opinions when it comes to shows like these, especially because they air them as an "in your face" slap to shock you. The whole point is that you'll watch, outraged, just to see how much more you can hate the hosts. Or you'll watch, amused, because you agree with what the hosts say - either way you are glued to the set and they achieve ratings.

The real questions are - "so what?" and "who cares?"
Or you can not be a moron and separate the jokes from the review and form your own opinion. I love the show. I sometimes agree with them, sometimes don't. Every car has it's pluses and minuses. They ragged on the VXR8's styling but some may like it. It's their opinion. Either way, they seem to give you a MUCH better idea of what it's actually like to drive the car than other shows (Autoweek anyone?).

Quote:
...and you don't find it insulting that he points out that Americans aren't creative or intelligent enough to design something like the Holden so we had to consult Australians about it?
IT'S A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #152
stratman
Goldmember

I really feel you are just taking yourself way too seriously here but to each his own. They don't go out of their way to shoot down anything in my opinion. They just aren't fans of the style of car we make here. Just like a lot of people on this forum don't like ricers. I know red blooded Americans that hate corvettes. And I think the last people who would refer to Top Gear as a "reputable" car show would probably be Clarkson, May and Hammond. Comparing driving a car to smearing honey into Keira Knightley is better than any corny joke I ever heard on the power block.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #153
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:

NOPE. Please don't watch any stand-up comics because you will really get mad.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #154
stratman
Goldmember

Quote:
1. It was a joke.
2. That is exactly what we did so how mad can I really get.

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, challenger, gear, top, vette