Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
I got one today on my at&t
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #16
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Haven't gotten that message, but I'm pretty sure that it won't be long until everyone gets it.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
popeye705

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2LT RS/ 03 Protege
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
I was throttled December, January, and February back when it was the "top 5% of data users". Speeds we're so slow and made my phone useless for anything but reading facebook text. I couldn't load images or stream music at all. Since March, they implemented the 3GB limit and doubled the speeds when you get throttled. But I found a way to watch Netflix on wifi instead so my data usage during the day dropped significantly.
Thats good they doubled the speed of being throttled atleast, maybe i can load a website then in under 5 min....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
I got the 5% message in feb when I watched netflix movies (like 3 per night) all month. But never got throttled. That sucks. I've been with att for a long time, I was a cingular customer that got brought in. I'll be out of contract by the end of the year on all 5 lines I pay for and may be considering a switch. I have been disappointed with att's customer service lately.
Ya Ive been with them since 04 when i got my very first cell phone on my own when i was 18 and ive had the iphone since its debut, i really hate to leave them but i need my data plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
there was a guy on the new that actually took that to small claims court and won!
Ya that was with the 5% rule and he got that message when under 2 gigs when att already has a 2gb plan

My 2 years up this summer so when the new iphone comes out im really gonna have to check out what other companies have for me. And with it being 4G can only imagine how fast I'm gonna hit that 3GB mark
popeye705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Verizon is doing it to me. I'm sick of it.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
I get that every month. Guess it's what I get for being on C5 on my phone all damn day! LoL.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #20
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Sprint throttles their top 1% CEO said so. Look it up. There is no such thing as an unlimited data plan in the US. Sucks, but that's just how it is. Use wifi more like me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #21
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
I usually do not support Lawsuits but this one i support!
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #22
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I saw the following regarding lawsuits and such:

Huffington Post

Quote:
...AT&T's reversal comes less than a week after iPhone user Matt Spaccarelli won a small claims lawsuit against the company for slowing down his service. A Simi Valley, Calif. judge awarded Spaccarelli $850, agreeing that "unlimited" service shouldn't be subject to slowdowns. AT&T argued that it never guaranteed the speed of the service, just that it would provide unlimited downloads. The company said it will appeal the decision. It bars subscribers from bringing class action suits...
Old 04-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
popeye705

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2LT RS/ 03 Protege
Thanks for that article, I like how Verizon is doing it, only slowing you down if that tower is being too congested. Shouldnt be punished bc your moving in a car and you live in the middle of nowhere were like 50 people may be connecting to one tower and 1 person is streaming video and you then you decide to go to a city to a mall and your streaming audio while in your car and you get hit from that tower that has 1000 people all streaming from it and you receive the text. Then when you go back to where you live and your unthrottled when you hit the tower with few people on it.
popeye705 is offline   Reply With Quote