Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
AdamCzap

Drives: 18 zl1, 17 sierra denali
CAI intake + noweeds.net + custom dyno tune by Livernois Motorsports!

Ok I have the numbers! This is the first tuned car I've ever driven so treat any observations in this review as such! I'm sorry that it's not a true stock baseline, since my current ride already has the CAI intake + noweeds system installed. The testing was done with the noweeds system wide open. I am VERY impressed with the job they did for me. They were incredibly professional, prompt (got me in same-day!!), and answered all my noob questions.

baseline: 339.27whp
tuned: 357.39whp

baseline: 349.14tq
tuned: 376.43

Important notes: I've apparently been putting crappy premium gas in the car, so they weren't able to get the best timings they usually get in these cars. Andy informed me they've done a bunch of tunes on the 2010 SS (as noted here by other forum members!) who've had better results than mine, so he said bringing the car BACK for another (free) tune after filling the car up using BP Station 93 octane gas for a week or so would help me get even better numbers. He said another vehicle they did once had the same problem and after changing gas they observed a CONSISTENT +10hp gain on the dyno. That seems high to me, but whatever. It's free to me now, so I'll try it their way and see what happens!

But needless to say, I was pretty happy with a +18hp and +27tq gain!!

If I had to guess, I would say that since the car baselined at 339hp, that slightly higher 339hp number is due to the intake + noweeds system. A typical number from what I've been reading on here, confirmed by the guys at Livernois, would be anywhere from 320-330. I got 339. So there you go. Without a tune, I could reasonably argue that my CAI intake + noweeds.net was worth anywhere between 9-19hp.

Observations in the first 24 hours of driving since tune:
-AFM is now turned off, and I LOVE it. The sound of AFM with a noweeds.net kit wide open made me want to pull out my hair. now the noweeds.net system sounds amazing ALL the time.
-shifts are much firmer. the gear snaps into place instead of the slow, sloppy stock shifting. I heard other people mention this and didn't think much of it, but it's very noticeable.
-all 375ft lbs of torque is available throughout the ENTIRE RPM range, not just at the high numbers (observe the blue lines on the graph!!!). It really throws you back in your seat now! So cool!
-not sure about gas mileage yet. I won't measure this for a few weeks since my driving habits will not be normal for a few days since getting the tune (hehe).
AdamCzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
AdamCzap

here's the graph:
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
What kind of gas were you running in it before?
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
AdamCzap

Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
What kind of gas were you running in it before?
whatever was the cheapest premium! let's see.. shell, speedway mostly i guess? i did not discriminate though so that hurt me.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Dyno Video

Click HERE for the dyno video!

-Rick
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
AdamCzap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@Livernois View Post
Dyno Video

Click HERE for the dyno video!

-Rick
Thanks Rick! That didn't take long for you to find me on here! Great job yesterday.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCzap View Post
Thanks Rick! That didn't take long for you to find me on here! Great job yesterday.
No problem Adam. I wanted to get some photos for the customer rides section of the website, but it was dark. I figured I'd at least post the video for you.

-Rick
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, dyno, livernois, noweeds, tune