Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #29
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Jeff,

It was cool running into you again yesterday on your way to get Steve's monster home. I still can't believe I cought up to you before you delivered the car. Oh the power of a mighty KIA rental car.

At least I can vouch for your nice and easy driving style in a customers car. I had to get gas, go in to get the receipt, drag my co-worker out of the sports book, stop and get Arby's in Barstow and caught you trying to get off on the wrong exit in Apple Valley. (That was me honking as I past you.)

Steve, your car is Effing AWESOME!! Enjoy it!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #30
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Hey Rick,

Yeah I felt kinda lame knowing I left the gas station wayyyyyy before you, and you still caught up to me. Here im in a 700hp Camaro, and your in a Kia, yet you still passed me.. Soo, you saw me getting lost huh?? haha.. I heard you honk, I flashed the lights back at ya.

Funny story, last week, I was picking up a car for another customer of mine from Wyoming (14 freaking hour drive). He later sent me a text on my cell phone telling me he wanted his money back because he just witnessed me getting passed by a lady in a PT cruiser. lol!! Here im in a C6 Z06, and Im getting passed my a lady in a PT??? DOH....

Yes, you will never be concerned that Im speeding. Im like an old lady on public roads..

I agree, his car is Bad-to-the-bone!!!!
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #31
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
nice job.,. insane numbers
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #32
SPANKT U

Drives: 2010 2SSRS Inferno Orange LS3
Owner's comments and review

Okay, I have had the car now for 3 days and have put a hundred or so miles on her so I thought I would share my comments on the results of the build.

Looks

First of all, I had several friends and acquaintances who were aware of the build and when I announce the vehicle was completed, most of them came over to see her. Without exception, when I opened the hood to my car, The remarks were 100% positive. There were comments ranging from "OMG", "Holy Sh@t" and a couple of buddies were only able to produce a quick intake of breath followed by a simple and elongated and indecipherable moaning sound..... Kinda gave me the creeps... The blower does look fantastic in there. It's like a monstrous diamond mounted on top of a platinum ring; you can't miss it and in the light, it does take your breath away.

Normal driving

When starting the car, it fires up just like normal, has a throatier sound (Thanks Jeff, I think you blew out some of the insulation in those Doug Thorley mufflers during dyno time. I was always disappointed that they were a bit too quiet to begin with and now they are almost perfect ) and instead of a jump in revs with a slow settling, it jumps and settles a much quicker. I'm thinking: Nice tune.

Stick it into first gear and slowly drive it around to warm it up and I notice a little bit of bucking. Not enough to be detrimental, but enough to be a little annoying. I think this is due to the larger injectors and fuel load-up when cold and/or at parking lot speeds (under 7MPH). It eventually warms up and the bucking gets less annoying. Okay, so I can live with a little bucking. Afterall, i just dumped 200+ RWHP on top of an already healthy motor. What did I expect? No changes? This isn't a Kia afterall...

So it's warmed up and I am driving it like a normal Camaro SS/RS (whatever Normal for a car like this is. I guess I should say I am driving it like a normal car, say; a KIA ). The power is smooth and feels like the car I was used to except the throttle response is WAY MORE eager, and you can just FEEL the power wanting to manifest itself.

Mind you, I have not dropped the gate and the blower is still mostly bypassing. It's a lot of fun even to drive around town still. I am feeling like a kid hiding some matches and an M-80 firecracker behind my back, hardly able to wait to get away from the house so I can go blow it off without Mom and Dad knowing!

Boost

Okay, So I get to a sufficiently deserted street and roll into the throttle with the Traction control off as well as the "Keep-your-car-right-side-up" button off. There are few words to describe the feeling of what took place and even less that wouldn't get me banned for at least a week on this Forum. When the gate slammed shut it was like someone let go of a bungie cord! INSTANT and ever increasing speed, never lightening up! I did not time it but it felt like I got to 100MPH in about 3 seconds!

My 15 year old son muttered his first profane word in my presence as the car took off like a rocket! His profanity was quickly followed by:

"This should be ILLEGAL!"

Now you need to understand the significance of his inappropriate comment so let me elaborate. I have raised my kids on high HP motorsports. We have been a fan of the sand dunes most of their lives and I have had more than my share of mid 5 to low 6 figure dollars sandcars: LS1 Whippled, LS2 KB'd, LS6 twin turboed, well, you get the idea....

These kids have been launched 7 feet in the air for up to sixty feet at a time, 15+ second wheelies up sand dunes, WOT pulls around Sand bowls as big as the Yankee stadium, and 70MPH runs through whoops that would rattle a Hummer to down to its basic components. What I am saying is that my son is not that easily impressed. But I digress....

During this first street pull, I was rolling around 15 so I started the pull in second. FORGET second! There is no hook up AT ALL in second! Just lots of blue smoke. I slam it into third and the wheels are STILL smoking but I can at least feel it grabbing a little. I hit the appropriate RPMs and dropped it into 4th. Okay, this is more like it! I have mostly hook up but every tiny little lift in the smooth road that causes even the slightest negative G puts the car back into wheel spin causing me to have to back off to get hookup again. OMG! Maybe my son is right and this SHOULD be illegal!

NOT!!

What a rush! I am VERY pleased and can't wait to eat that damn Roush P-51 Mustang down the street that blew my doors off the first week I got my Camaro (What did I know? afterall, I thought a Mustang was a Mustang? ) NOW, I can't wait introduce him to the meaning of resect! LOL! All in friendly good humor of course..

Combined driving

So I took it down to my office the next morning which entails a stretch of 35 miles of freeway driving. Unfortunately, no one was chumming for a Camaro that morning so I wasn't able to feed my Camaro her morning Mustang or Challenger for breakfast. I don't think she minded but I sure did... Where's a cocky MOPAR driver when you need one? J/K!

Anyway, it feels just like it used to on the freeway until you step into the throttle JUST enough that she starts to pull and then it's like an addiction. You just HAVE to keep rolling into that throttle!! You CAN'T HELP YOURSELF! You can't CONTROL IT! IT'S LIKE TWILIGHT ZONE OR LOOKING AT A TRAIN WRECK!!! MUST-HAVE-MORE!!!!!!! DAYUM! The SC kicks in and you are jerked back into your seat! What a feeling!

My neck hurts....

Negatives

1. DO NOT HORSE AROUND WITH YOUR SUPERCHARGER IF YOU ARE NOT IN COMP OR ALL COMPUTERS OFF MODE!! If you forget to push the button at least once the ABS makes the car feel like it's going into epileptic seizure trying to keep it from breaking loose and it never gives up! Please don't ask me how I know this... I wish someone could set up the programming so that it starts out in Competition mode instead of granny mode. That would be good.

2. I am going to have to replace the tires much more often.

3. I now have a new weak link in the half-shafts.. Heavy duty shafts are next on my list.

In short, I am very pleased with my blown Camaro and I believe I made a great choice in the Kenne Bell. In my opinion, it is the sexiest blower on the market and the response, both aesthetically and performance-wise is more than I expected. I hope she holds up!

Thanks Jeff for the great job in putting my Dragon-Lady together. I could not be happier! I hope you guys find this review useful if not a little entertaining.

Steve aka SPANKT U
Old 05-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #33
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
I love hearing when people are happy with their new F/I cars.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #34
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I love hearing when people are happy with their new F/I cars.
It sounds like "happy" is a understatement.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #35
LasT_ResorT_G8
-11 second club-

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Sounds like a very fun ride, I cant wait to get mine. Have fun, stay safe and most importantly..... let her eat
11 second club 11.989 @114.51 1.744 60' w/cammed L76
New numbers to come

It's FI time
LasT_ResorT_G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:13 AM   #36
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I've said it before but, Congrats Steve! That car is Bad!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #37
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
ENJOY THE NEW POWER!!! Be safe,speeds will be very high in a matter of seconds .
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #38
Total_Perf_Eng

Couldnt agree more.. Then, people dont realize how bad brake fade is, when getting on/off the brakes while playing around.

Before you know it, your standing on the brakes wondering where all of your stopping power went. I do that all the time when playing with the car when the customer is in the pass seat. You get on/off of it a few times, and before you know it, you dont have any brakes.. You have a few seconds woth of an "oh sh!t" moment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
ENJOY THE NEW POWER!!! Be safe,speeds will be very high in a matter of seconds .
Old 05-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #39
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
are those l99 #'s if so what was the baseline?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #40
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
very cool. . .
Old 05-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #41
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I want this
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #42
Total_Perf_Eng

Well, send your car out here, and you can have it.. haha