Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #29
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
If you want to buy in New York I know where you can get GMS or invoice if GM does not offer any incentives when closing the deal.
do they have any left in their first allotment?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I got a call today

I got a call from one of the local Chevy dealers today, he left me a message on my answering machine. he said that production of the Camaro was scheduled to begin the first of March with them getting their first one the first of April. he said if iI wanted to come down and place an order it could possibly be in before the end of April...

For some reason I don't believe him..Would you?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #31
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I got a call from one of the local Chevy dealers today, he left me a message on my answering machine. he said that production of the Camaro was scheduled to begin the first of March with them getting their first one the first of April. he said if iI wanted to come down and place an order it could possibly be in before the end of April...

For some reason I don't believe him..Would you?
Nope. I asked the sales manager yesterday if I ordered today would I even have it by October 2009. He said "we have no idea when it will get here".

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:44 AM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Nope. I asked the sales manager yesterday if I ordered today would I even have it by October 2009. He said "we have no idea when it will get here".
I did laugh when I heard that message, because he said "Possibly" he left himself an out, he can always say I never said it would be here by then... Anyway I wouldn't buy from that dealership anyway. they have some very underhanded sales practices of any dealership I ever talked to... I tried to trade there back several years ago, and they made it look like I was getting a great deal, UNTIL I went into the office to sign the papers, I noticed all the add on's they had stuck on the car and I asked what all that was and he said they HAD to add them on because Chevy required it for warrenty coverage.. I knew that was BS and I told them so and walked out...
Ever since I will get a card or a call from them wanting me to come in and buy a new car... I have even told them they were wasting their time...but they keep calling....

Sorry for the thread Hijack, just wanting to point out how bad some dealers are and if you find a good one keep going back to them they deserve your business...
Old 01-30-2009, 06:08 AM   #33
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Get everything in writing before doing anything. Signature required by dealer manager stating he will honor gms. If not, don't let them waste your time.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:59 PM   #34
Speedy1975
FASTER!

OK, got an e-mail from the dealer. They're not going to honor any discounts on their first 7 allocation units. The Sales Manager I've been dealing with did check the IDL and found where that was announced, but said the execs at the dealership (aka owner) said no discounts on the first allocation. He did say they would accept it on their future allocations, but couldn't tell me how many or when they'd get those.

I went by there and spoke to him in person as well today just to get an OTD price if I paid MSRP to see what'd be. They spec'd it out for me and said to let them know. The salesman they fixed me up with also said he guessed the GSU discount wouldn't add up to more than $800 - $1000. He said if it was worth it to wait, that was fine, if not they'd get me in the system.

I need to think it all over. I'm pretty much against paying MSRP on a car, but this dealership has been really good to work with so I don't mind them making some money. I was also told they're reimbursed for EMPLOYEE PRICING but not SUPPLER PRICING, meaning they just take the loss. Is that true?

I'm in no hurry. Gonna check with one more local dealer next week just to see what they tell me.

On a side note, I looked at a new Traverse in the showroom to get an idea of fit/finish/materials. I was highly impressed with the way that vehicle's interior was put together all the way down to how the button "pushes" felt.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #35
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Now that I've slept on it, I think I'm going to wait. I just can't justify paying full MSRP on a car sight unseen especially in this economy, and when the goal is to produce 100K units a year. I have strong feeling that once the initial hype wears off deals will abound on this car with cash back incentives and special financing unless the economy makes some miraculous recovery in the next 9 months.

Consider the Challenger. Last year you couldn't touch one for MSRP, now you can get all kinds of specials on them.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #36
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Now that I've slept on it, I think I'm going to wait. I just can't justify paying full MSRP on a car sight unseen especially in this economy, and when the goal is to produce 100K units a year. I have strong feeling that once the initial hype wears off deals will abound on this car with cash back incentives and special financing unless the economy makes some miraculous recovery in the next 9 months.

Consider the Challenger. Last year you couldn't touch one for MSRP, now you can get all kinds of specials on them.
Smart move. there are dealers that will honor all discounts, pm me and I'll get you over to a few that will and drop ship it to you area when it is done..
Old 02-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #37
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Smart move. there are dealers that will honor all discounts, pm me and I'll get you over to a few that will and drop ship it to you area when it is done..
Thanks. I've talked to a couple guys and can get a decent price I think. However, my local dealers (the three I've called) aren't willing to allow me to have a car drop shipped to them, even if I pay a PDI fee.

Is there anyway to force them to accept the vehicle?

My last recourse is to fly somewhere and drive the car back.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #38
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Blade/Dovetail/Wing Spoiler thoughts....

I was prowling the gmperformanceparts.com site today and browsing the SEMA Camaro info and the catalog. On the 2010 Camaro Experience page, you can highlight the Dale Jr. Camaro and see the "dovetail spoiler" listed. When you highlight it, you get part # 92207433 with an MSRP of $400. When you go to the catalog, there's a "wing spoiler - primed" listed with part # 92207433. Seems the blade spoiler has 3 separate names; however, the same part # on one website. I'm still hoping for factory installation/paint ... however, we're starting to see some information pop out of the hedges.

Best to all.
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote