Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Do I need to pay the "destination fee?"

Hey everyone, I'm slowly but surely going through the motions for a 1LE. I noticed that when I build it on the gm.ca website, the total INCLUDES the $1550 destination fee...

But the breakdown I got from my dealer had another destination fee on top of the price of the car that I'm pretty sure already had that fee built into the final price.

I attached a pic of the page where it summarizes the price and you can see the destination fee under the "option total."

I'm going back to the dealer tonight... Would I be warranted to bring this up and say I'm not paying the extra $1550?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
there should only be one destination fee, it is the fee for GM to transport and deliver the vehicle from the factory to the dealer (your shipping charges for your product)

Dealer cannot far as I know add any additional destination/freight fees legally, it is GM that is shipping it, therefore like any other product shipped from Point A to Point B the shipper pays/sets the fee, not the receiver.

and the fee is not built into the price of the vehicle, it legally has to be a separate line item..
Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Ok, so the add on of the destination fee twice may have been an oversight on their part... because it's here twice... Obviously, I won't pay for it twice... But it has to be paid once, as in $1550?

There isn't a way around paying the destination fee, I guess?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie Dynamite View Post
Ok, so the add on of the destination fee twice may have been an oversight on their part... because it's here twice... Obviously, I won't pay for it twice... But it has to be paid once, as in $1550?

There isn't a way around paying the destination fee, I guess?

it's a regualted fee here in the US, not sure on Canada, it's the shipping fee to get the car to you, never seen a dealer "remove it" they might reduce the price of the car to offset, but they will figure out a way to tack it back on some how can you say "document fees".

Dealer needs to fix their paperwork..
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Gotcha. I'm already getting quite a deal on the car so I guess I'll just make sure the double charge was a mistake and leave the initial destination charge.

Quick question: I decided on leasing the vehicle to keep my payments low but my intention is to buy it at the end of the 3 year lease.

If the gen 6 comes out in 2 years and it's absolutely fantastic, what are my options because it's being leased and has a pretty significant down payment on it...

Thanks.