Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #29
sidman

Drives: 2011 Camaro convertible pace car
Well figured out the rattle/tingy noise, just read this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134218
This is the noise on the driver side spring. According to the dealer and some posts I've read there is recall or fixable solution. I was thinking of adding something in between the spring to get rid of the noise. These springs are part of the AFM (active fuel management). So when car does not need all 8 cylinders these springs engage and when they're not engaged you hear the tingy noise.
Does anybody have a better idea to stop the noise? Can they be removed or does it effect something? I'd rather not remove as my car is a 2011 pace car vert and want to keep it stock, I hardly drive it as it only has 2900km in 2 years, but that noise is annoying.
Attached Images

sidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #30
sidman

Whoops meant to say "no recall and no fixable solution"
Old 08-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #31
PDILLON

Drives: GMC Slycone - 2011 SS Camaro conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidman View Post
Well figured out the rattle/tingy noise, just read this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134218
This is the noise on the driver side spring. According to the dealer and some posts I've read there is recall or fixable solution. I was thinking of adding something in between the spring to get rid of the noise. These springs are part of the AFM (active fuel management). So when car does not need all 8 cylinders these springs engage and when they're not engaged you hear the tingy noise.
Does anybody have a better idea to stop the noise? Can they be removed or does it effect something? I'd rather not remove as my car is a 2011 pace car vert and want to keep it stock, I hardly drive it as it only has 2900km in 2 years, but that noise is annoying.
Dealer put O rings on mine
PDILLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
sidman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDILLON View Post
Dealer put O rings on mine
Like regular rubber ones?