Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 03-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #6021
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Are you gonna trade in for a 1LE?
That's where I'm stuck. I love this car and have done so much to it. Just don't know right now. It's my DD so I just don't know right now.

So I may just have 3 Camaros all fighting for a parking spot/seat time.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #6022
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That's where I'm stuck. I love this car and have done so much to it. Just don't know right now. It's my DD so I just don't know right now.

So I may just have 3 Camaros all fighting for a parking spot/seat time.
I keep looking at y'all with the SS model...............then I say, nah..........I've poured all my efforts into making my car my own........it's me............just need to add some more squirrels in the engine bay to pedal faster............

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #6023
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
I keep looking at y'all with the SS model...............then I say, nah..........I've poured all my efforts into making my car my own........it's me............just need to add some more squirrels in the engine bay to pedal faster............
Oh no doubt. That's why I'm unsure whether to let it go or not.

.....but I'm buying those extra squirrels in the 1LE
Old 03-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #6024
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
JT, it's all according to what you want in a bike! I'm no expert, but once you get a bike you will want to ride it more than from you dorm/apt to the campus! I've owned my bike for 3 years now, and ride it any chance I get, and have close to 50,000 miles under my belt! It is addicting!

First off I believe you have to have a license for anything over 100cc!

Second, stay away from anything ending in an R for a beginner! More powerful and insurance is higher! Considered a sportbike! Insurance is even higher if you buy a bike and don't have a license!

Third, don't go with a 250, because like I previously stated, you will start enjoying riding even more, and will want to step up to a bigger bike!
Another option for you might be an Enduro bike! That way you can go on and off the road, and have something you can enjoy at your parents on the land you live on!

If you just want something to go back and forth to campus, look into some scooters! I know you won't look cool, but if you don't think you will enjoy riding it would be more efficient, and before you graduate I am sure you could sell it to an underclass man!

My first bike and still own is a Suzuki is a GSX600F! Insurance is $30 a month full coverage! I wanted a GSX600R but insurance was $135 a month! I will soon be looking for a GSX1300R (Hyabusa)!

With any bike make sure you get the proper riding gear, helmet, jacket, riding pants, and gloves! Better safe than sorry! Accidents can happen when you least expect it!

Ken rides also do maybe he will chime in on this also!!!! Any other questions just ask!
Thanks. I just don't know if I want to go bigger than 250. I just feel like the 250 will have plenty of power for what I want. It also is cheaper than the more powerful bikes.

This is something I don't want to have to use all my savings and summer job money on (and C5F III money!). So that is why I was hoping to stay around 1500 or so.

Whats the difference between a R and F model?

My neighbor told me at the beginning of this year that he would give me one of his nearly brand new 49cc moped scooters. I just don't know if I could ride a moped on campus The only thing that is keeping me from saying no to this is the fact that it would be free and gets 70 MPG. It's a rugged looking scooter at least....its not a wimpy looking vespa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
Yea pretty much what he Scott said. I wouldnt get anything bigger than a 600 and if I were you take a motorcycle safety course you get a discount on insurance. My first bike was a 1983 nighthawk 650
That's another concern....I don't know what insurance would run. I feel like it would be pretty high for me.

I don't care how old the bike is as long as it is reliable. I'm not expecting to go out and buy a brand new 2012 CBR or Ninja.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #6025
garcmol

Any FI folks out there care to take a stab at a problem a fellow member is having? BullF16 has a Procharger and has some big problems.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210041
Old 03-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #6026
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
I would go with the scooter! Lol!

A bike ending in an R is usually considered a super sport bike! Nothing after the cc (600, 750, etc) is just considered a sport or a sport touring or a touring bike! My bike is a sport touring, which means you don't have to lay on the tank to ride! I have to lean a little but not much! And insurance is a key factor!!!! Like I said a 250 will get you there and do it quickly, but once you start riding you'll want bigger!

Kinda like going from your V6 to the SS! You wanted more after awhile!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #6027
csjcsj

Oh another thing! For example, the Suzuki GSX600R has about 110hp! And weighs about 300 or so pounds! My GSX600F about 75 hp! Mine around 450 pounds!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #6028
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
I would go with the scooter! Lol!

A bike ending in an R is usually considered a super sport bike! Nothing after the cc (600, 750, etc) is just considered a sport or a sport touring or a touring bike! My bike is a sport touring, which means you don't have to lay on the tank to ride! I have to lean a little but not much! And insurance is a key factor!!!! Like I said a 250 will get you there and do it quickly, but once you start riding you'll want bigger!

Kinda like going from your V6 to the SS! You wanted more after awhile!
Quote:
Oh another thing! For example, the Suzuki GSX600R has about 110hp! And weighs about 300 or so pounds! My GSX600F about 75 hp! Mine around 450 pounds!

Okay cool. I want sport touring then...I don't want to be uncomfortable when riding.

I do see where I would want to upgrade after a while...but I think after having the bike put away for a few months when it gets cold it will be like a new bike again when I ride it.

I am seriously considering the scooter. I'll decide on that when I see where we end up living. I don't want to have to ride 10 miles on a scooter. Anything under 5 I probably could do.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #6029
csjcsj

Yeah I wouldn't ride to far on a scooter! And when it's cold, do like me! Invest in some heated gear! I can ride in 30 degree weather and it feels like its 80 outside!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #6030
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Yeah I wouldn't ride to far on a scooter! And when it's cold, do like me! Invest in some heated gear! I can ride in 30 degree weather and it feels like its 80 outside!!!
I do the same thing Scott but mine is not heated lol I don't ride if its below 25 outside
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #6031
csjcsj

Ken, there is nothing like a heated jacket liner! Hooks up to your battery, has high med and low! They are around $170! But well worth it!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #6032
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Yea I know lol
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #6033
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Ken, there is nothing like a heated jacket liner! Hooks up to your battery, has high med and low! They are around $170! But well worth it!
Hmmm....giving me some ideas for Christmas present next year.......thanks!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #6034
2010 1SS/RS

Drives: 1SS/RS
Hey everyone!
I have a 1ss and would like to get a PDIM kit installed. Has anyone done this or had someone do it for them in Atl.?
thx
2010 1SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep