Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #575
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Well it is a little hard on a college budget, but will be more cause I doubt the install could be a DIY so would have to pay a shop prob. Plus there are other things I want to do before this.
Yep...I'd expect 2,000 to 2,500 whe it is all said and done.

When you compare the dollars per performance, it isn't as effective as Turbo or Supercharging, but at the same time I'm dying to see someone go all out on an all motor N/A V6 build just so we can see what this little guy can do. I think it would be friggin awesome.

If I'm not as impressed with any of the next gen ponys as I think I'm going to be, maybe I'll get there with my car one day, but that is a long ways off lol. I hope to see someone else out there do it much much sooner!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #576
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
How easy will the install be? Easier or harder than a SC install? And if I'm running an RX SC'r, am I just asking for trouble here or am I in the 450-500RWHP hood and still within the limits of the bottom end as well as the rest of the driveline?

I'm thinking this might be my next mod and then I'll stop.

I would say harder to install then a SC kit. Cams and boost will be fine. As for the HP figures you're after I reckon your bottom end will be fine, however your drive train not so much. Next mod then you'll stop? I've heard people say that a couple of times before

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1monster View Post
You're taking payments? I love you so much right now. Lol
We will be over the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipper69 View Post
50 rwhp?! Nice good job guys
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipper69 View Post
How much would a heavily modified v6 do with these rwhp gain wise?
With all your bolts ons around the 50 rwhp mark. With head work, who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan37 View Post
I can't wait to see what comes out when they are done. I have been waiting for this for a long time.
Same. I was quite close to giving up all together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
This is amazing already saving! All mods na that are out plus head work do you think we will be able to hang with our v8 brothers
All those mods would certainly make for an angry 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
Also what rpm range is this gonna effect
Generally across the board, however mainly mid to top end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Performance, reliabilty, and ease of installment:
Yes, Yes, and YES!!!
Agreed

Quote:
I haven't read through all of pages so i don't know if this has been answered, but will the cam be available for the Automatic's?
I will be compatible with automatics.

Kindest Regards,
Steve
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #577
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Would love to hear what these sound like.

Adding these Cams require a tune? got the Trifecta now

Also i hear there is some issues with the timing chain in these LLT's. Is there a better replacement for them also?
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #578
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post

Also i hear there is some issues with the timing chain in these LLT's. Is there a better replacement for them also?
Your 2011 should be fine. I think it was late in the 2010 run when GM improved the timing chains.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #579
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We have also revived the RX cam project but are a bit behind as we were not going to duplicate the efforts, but looks like we need to offer our version as well.

I'll update as we make progress and we have tuning genius Vince from Trifecta to perfect the tune.
looking forward to your final product.

I'm glad there are more company's investing more into internal engine modification. Adding bolt-on's only goes so far
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #580
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I haven't read through all of pages so i don't know if this has been answered, but will the cam be available for the Automatic's?
not positive, but im going to take a stab at this... im going to GUESS you are asking about the auto's due to the SS versions of the L99(auto) & LS3(manual). the L99 has AFM (active fuel management) where in order to do the CAM swap, they are required to upgrade getting rid of the AFM.

but, to answer your question...yes. the motor is the same in both auto and manual.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #581
MACE_ENG

aaron, so where is she!!??

-------------------------------------------------------
Jay@Mace Engineering USA
Direct Email: Velocityport410@gmail.com

Home of the 31hp/33tq Ported intake/25mm Insulator!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #582
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
aaron, so where is she!!??

Jay@Mace Engineering USA

hey jay! how ya doin brother? stayin busy here but i miss my baby...i'll be home in no time though and back out on the streets raising a ruckus. can't wait to see some vids of this on the LLT cause its gonna be SICK! just hope they can keep up with the tuning to go with it now that he has more "help". they still never sent me an update for the plenum tune btw. oh well. did you place an order for your new car yet or are you still kicking your "options" around?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #583
MACE_ENG

Already got it. Went with a used 2011 5.0 GT premium california special in grabber blue Couldn't pass up the deal!! I will send you up some pics in a little, but I can't wait to see yours and what you have planned. Hurry back, hurry, hurry!!

Jay@Mace Engineering USA

Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #584
mavfan37
Get is son!

Drives: 2013 DIB Mustang 5.0
Thanks. I don't really know too much about the cams. I have read a few things but not enough yet. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
not positive, but im going to take a stab at this... im going to GUESS you are asking about the auto's due to the SS versions of the L99(auto) & LS3(manual). the L99 has AFM (active fuel management) where in order to do the CAM swap, they are required to upgrade getting rid of the AFM.

but, to answer your question...yes. the motor is the same in both auto and manual.

^SOLD

'13 DIB 5.0
mavfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #585
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

no prob bro...anytime.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #586
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
Already got it. Went with a used 2011 5.0 GT premium california special in grabber blue Couldn't pass up the deal!! I will send you up some pics in a little, but I can't wait to see yours and what you have planned. Hurry back, hurry, hurry!!

Jay@Mace Engineering USA

NICE choice! that is a nice lookin ride too. did you get the glass roof? you gonna go SC with it? your options are endless! and you got the upgraded motor too! win win.

gonna take my time with this build. looking at putting some higher profile roller rockers going from 1.7 to 1.95 but kinda skeptical about it. i've heard mixed reviews about replacing rods and springs and PTV clearances so we'll see. im certain i'll do it...just getting all the parts together. then i'll have to save my monies back up so i can do new bushings and sways and lowering springs. new rubbers and wheels. getting rid of the ugly old grill and getting the heritage back on. MGW shifter. thinking about the rear window louver...its pretty sexy with an aggressive spoiler. eventually i'll cam it (once i feel the need for even more power) but not till i get some headers on and port the IM. for the most part...that'll be it aside from some cosmetics. going to tackle the concept overhead lighting at some point too...so yeah.

then again, i just might bag the mofo and throw some 13" gold wheelies on it and a big chicken hawk on the hood. add whistle tips on the dual exhaust and call it a day.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #587
Matmobl88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Am I the only one freaking out excited about this? We need someone to do it asap to post some vids of sound and track...
Old 07-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #588
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
big news about cams for camaro v6 and we have 2 guys talking about a mustang and a 2ss... wth... jk lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote