Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #1
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Want to buy local, but found a car I like 500 miles away. How do I make it happen?

Can someone walk me through a distance buying transaction? I know some dealers have "trade partners", which can work out well... but what if I want a car from Pennsylvania without driving out there?

Can a local dealer just get that car for me? Transport it up here and complete the sale? Would it add a significant amount to the loan?
Old 04-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
tonymac

Drives: '14 Blk SS 2SS/RS 1LE - SOLD :-(
I bought my car from Indiana - I live in Texas. I called the dealership and worked out a deal like I was there. They overnighted paperwork and I sent back paperwork with a cashiers check from my bank. Once the dealership had the funds, they transported the car to me (part of the deal, I am sure they got their money!).
If you are financing the car talk to your bank for more details, but it is actually a simple process.
The only pain in the arse part was dealing with the bank and registering my car - but that was all the banks fault.

Last edited by tonymac; 04-13-2015 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typos
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #3
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
I bought a certified used Chevy from a dealer 200 miles away.

Paperwork, car and salesman arrived at my door two days later, and that was it.

He had a porter from the dealership that followed him in another car drive him back.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #4
Irishblackcoffee

Drives: 13 1LE GBE M6, 12 VR M6 #872
I bought mine in Huston, TX and live in AL. I flew down in the morning and sign paperwork and drove home that afternoon. It was an awesome experience.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #5
terry_b

I guess I should have clarified... I'll be trading mine in... So realistically I'm going to have to be there in person with my car aren't I?
Old 04-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #6
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
When I went to get mine the dealership did not have one with the options I wanted. So we went into one of the managers office and he went online and put in the car with the options I wanted, found it at a dealership about 300 miles away, called that dealership and it was sent sent to us 3 days later. Didn't seem to be a big issue for either dealership. I think my dealership sent them the one they had that didn't have my options. But again, didn't seem to be a problem for either.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #7
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Trade in pretty much guarantees a visit to the dealership. Unless , of course, you accept a low-ball internet offer.

I have only traded in "sight unseen" twice, and less than $7500 was involved on each trade. A Cobalt and a G5. Dealer was hot to get the cars on his lot.

If you do a dealer trade, will you get the best price for the "service"? (Hey- YOU did the legwork and found the car)
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Costed me like $800 shipping (dealer) from Washington state to Missouri. All over the phone lmao, I think it was the quickest sale they have ever had. Literally like 2 calls 10 minutes total
Old 04-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
terry_b

Well I'm talking to a couple dealerships... They aren't necessarily thrilled about a car from another lot - obviously they want me to take a car off their hands.

I started out with a few dealerships not too far away, but further than I'd like to go if they offer any free oil change services or whatever. Now that I've found my ideal car quite a ways away - I've got a couple dealers calling me to make appointments. To be honest, I feel kind of bad pitting them against each other...

I'd really rather just buy a car from "my guy" at my local dealer. He was very nice, very helpful, and generally I just liked him - and overall my experience with the dealership - more than any other place so far. They also offer free oil changes for life, and the service department knows me by name and by my car.

Would I be worse off building a 2015 and getting it from him? Obviously the price on the chevy website is going to be a bit high - but I would imagine a car already on the lot would be much easier to negotiate?
Old 04-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #10
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
You can negotiate on either and take advantage of any current offers/incentives for a new purchase.

If you are considering a new car, talk to Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #11
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
I ended waiting for the Bright Yellow 2014, but went to the dealer when a few 2013s were around. The 2014 hadn't shipped. It was an AutoNation dealership and they are a nation wide chain. I was gonna ship a 2013 1LE from Tennessee to Texas. As I said, I saw the cool color coming in the 2014 Camaros and ordered one.