Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #407
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockamakis View Post
Are the rims on the red car these?
No, the ones on the red car are 18" and a different design.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #408
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Corvette stole the tail lights from the Camaro, now we get regular cookie cutter tail lamps... The grille is way to small. It looks squinty eyed now...

Personally, I think the new Vette and this Camaro now look worse than the previous. Especially the Vette, its got more stick on plastic chrome trim bling than you can find on a Compton street at night...

Way to screw up your line up GM...
I have always thought that the new Corvette tail lamp should have been the evolutionary step of the Camaro refresh or even better, the 6th gen Camaro. Now that the Corvette has that, the Camaro team has to go for another design unfortunately, so on that I can agree with you.

Where I disagree is your overall comment on the Vette. The Vette still looks like a Corvette. Someone took to the current design and photoshopped a rear hatch window like the current gen has and it looked like a perfect evolution of the current car. Its just the near rear window and the tail lights that throw it off somewhat, but it is a damn good looking car. Beautiful...and you are in the minority with your opinion. Tail lights....they are good looking, but on the wrong car.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #409
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #410
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
IMO the new Corvette is awesome. The new Camaro is well, how do I say it, humm, what would be the word, humm, maybe it's best not to say anything at all..

Ah screw it, I don't like it, the back end will just blend in with all the other cars out there. The chrome strip on the front is out of place, the lower grill is ugly, need I say more?

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #411
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Moaning on the '14 Camaro aside, I think the new Corvette is spot on. The Corvette is more an American interpretation of a "world class" sports car IMO.

Versus the Vette, GM may think the Camaro as competing with BMW 3 coupes, Audi A5, and so on at some point. I agree this could happen, but aiming directly at that market is a mistake. The Camaro needs to retain it identity as a distinctly American interpretation of the sport coupe. I am *so* glad I bought a Camaro over a BMW. I am really excited about this car. The '14 Z/28 makes those cars look like toys despite the bad tail and the SS is an incredible value.

The interesting thing is the 6.2 is really not any worse on fuel than the European cars. Having said that with all of the new domestic oil, we're fine with CAFE at current levels. Fuel should remain about where it is now for years. The next administration may water down the Obama tightening.

I also don't understand why Ford wants to sell the Mustang in Europe. How many will they sell? 2000? Fuel is $8-11/gal. Its a complete distraction. Maybe its just a way to say the new Mustang is competitive with European coupes.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #412
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockamakis View Post
Are the rims on the red car these?
Get to the opthamologist pronto! They're not even close. The wheels on the Red one are 18's and a totally different pattern. Why would they put a ZL1 wheel on a 6?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #413
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
and even a little like this
Bingo. This, updated to include wrap-around.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #414
DUGG

Drives: 2010 Imperial Blue Metallic 2LT
If the chrome lip-strip on the front doesn't make the new Camaro look cheap, the new rear-end does. What's the deal with the sagging mufflers -- it looks like you hit one good pot-hole and you've lost half your exhaust system. The rear license plate area is dumb [like the cops need a larger area to get a good view of your plate?], the rear tail-lights aren't classy and after thinking about it, I'm glad to own my 2010!!!!!
DUGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #415
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I just dropped on my knees and thanked God that I have a 2010 model.
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #416
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Its all hard angles, it doesn`t flow like a Vette should, looks more like a Ferrari. I want a Vette to look like a Vette.

Oh, and Camaro called and wants its tail lamps back...

See below:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwAA&dur=3184
I agree 100%!
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #417
MotionIII

Drives: 68 ChevyII Nova SS
Don't know if it has been asked yet but it seems to me that it may be possible to replace the 2014 front and rear fascia with the 2013. Can anyone confirm this? If so I may be willing to do this unless I can still find a new 2013 by the time I can afford to get it. The rear may be more complicated and might have to replace the trunk lid as well. I was waiting for 2014 but GM messed that up for me with the refresh.
MotionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #418
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
whats with the stupid chrome strip?!?!?! chrome doesn't belong on this car.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #419
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
STILL waiting to see the SS without RS front end.
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #420
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotionIII View Post
Don't know if it has been asked yet but it seems to me that it may be possible to replace the 2014 front and rear fascia with the 2013. Can anyone confirm this? If so I may be willing to do this unless I can still find a new 2013 by the time I can afford to get it. The rear may be more complicated and might have to replace the trunk lid as well. I was waiting for 2014 but GM messed that up for me with the refresh.
I think a rear end swap will be quite complicated for two reasons:

1) The exhaust seems to angle up more than previous years. This would mean bending the exhaust or mounts when installing the old diffuser.

2) The center brake light is now on the trunk lid. In previous years it was on the body adjacent to the trunk lid. This means drilling holes after obtaining the old style brake light.