Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #99
SFCamaroSS
Proud To Serve

Drives: 2011 CGM/SILVER 2SS W/RS Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeFlick View Post
Well, I'm not going to quote anything as you can go to the first 2 pages of this thread and read it yourself, but a refund was offered, and you didn't take it. Your loss, your fault.
Oh, and good job getting all these people on your bandwagon and trying to ruin someone's name... hopefully they look past your raving.

You need to learn to read a little better.... The refund was not a full refund. If your going to jump in and talk crap you should read everything first.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #100
coolman

I don't think ACS's post helped Gary at all. As an outsider looking in and as someone in the service and sales business, I can't see why someone would take money for a product that isn't even out of the design phase yet. It looks to me from reading the entire thread that Gary had to of know that the splitter wasn't even close to being ready unless someone at ACS was feeding a line. The break down looks like it was between ACS and Gary not the OP. The OP is just the guy stuck in the middle with a half completed front end. I don't know how one would even know what to charge for a part that isn't even done being designed yet.

A mark of a good business isn't how they handle things when everything is going well. It's how they handle things when they're not.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #101
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Quote:
Well, I'm not going to quote anything as you can go to the first 2 pages of this thread and read it yourself, but a refund was offered, and you didn't take it. Your loss, your fault.
Oh, and good job getting all these people on your bandwagon and trying to ruin someone's name... hopefully they look past your raving.
Hey your car was delivered without an engine....wanna a refund on the engine? Didn't think so...and there's no difference ...we all treat a let down differently...the missing part would turn me off from the experience...my2
Old 12-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #102
GJG

Drives: 2SS
to ask.....no....expect....the OP to keep the fascia without the splitter is ludicrous....

I don't think Gary intentionally sold him something unavailable but when it became obvious that it was going to drag out he should have placed a pickup for the fascia and refunded his money......This thread has cost Gary far more than that would have......he could have repainted the fascia and still sold it as new and likely broke even......

There is more than enough feed back in this thread to show that there is at times, a lack of good customer service.....
Old 12-07-2010, 02:47 AM   #103
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Wow way to read the thread.
I do not think anyone is ruining Gary's name, but it makes people a little more cautious when making a purchase with him. Unfortunately things happen and mistakes will most definitely always be there, but I believe that it is the right of the seller to take care of there customer or things like this happen.

I am glad that ACS chimed in. Why hasn't Gary put any input into this matter. With a hundred post thread and having not heard from him since the beginning.
People say we only know one side of the story, but I want to hear what Gary thinks about this matter.

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
Old 12-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #104
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccaJew View Post
Wow way to read the thread.
I do not think anyone is ruining Gary's name, but it makes people a little more cautious when making a purchase with him. Unfortunately things happen and mistakes will most definitely always be there, but I believe that it is the right of the seller to take care of there customer or things like this happen.

I am glad that ACS chimed in. Why hasn't Gary put any input into this matter. With a hundred post thread and having not heard from him since the beginning.
People say we only know one side of the story, but I want to hear what Gary thinks about this matter.

Why is that some posts get beaten to death about a bad experience, but others posts get deleted or edited?

Gary spoke his peace, gave his view points, what else do you want him to say or write?

Every company receives complaints, but how they handle those
complaints separates good business from bad business and Gary offered his compromise, buyer says no!!!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
Old 12-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #105
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
Quote:
Every company receives complaints, but how they handle those
complaints separates good business from bad business and Gary offered his compromise, buyer says no!!!

Get real! What compromise? To refund the money for the splitter and expect the buyer to keep the front facia? The splitter is only half of what was promised. Since he couldn't come up with the splitter within the buyers time constraints as promised he should've refunded the full amount upon return of the facia as buyer requested. Was going to be getting the heritage grill and front fenders from Gary but i'll be keeping my money after seeing how he does his customers. Customer satisfaction should always be job 1. I'm sure Gary does good work. I've seen it. I know he has many happy customers too. But it is how you deal with the unsatisfied customer that counts.

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
Old 12-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #106
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
For your own opinions

So if you don't want to buy products from someone based on another's experience's that is absolutely your right.
But if you have not purchased and have not had a bad experience why would you want to jump on the bandwagon and make judgment on a public forum?
I call that piling on.
Just do your thing and let the parties involved work it out.
One way or another.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #107
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
It's funny to see the people that are all for Gary. I have purchased from him, and I will say he is handling this wrong. This is a simple fix... Give the guy his money back and take back the product. He wanted it as a complete set and did not get that... GIVE THE DAMN MONEY BACK... This has changed my mind about buying from Gary...
Old 12-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #108
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i can't believe this thread is still goin.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #109
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
im suprised ACS hadn't got in contact with the customer to try and short sale the splitter.. certainly would make their company look like the hero...
Old 12-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #110
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
My deal with Gary was odd. I orderd a razzy front vailence and after days of calling he shipped the part. Well when I got mine it was the wrong color. It came black not cgm when I called Gary he was very sorry for the mix up and wanted to make it right. The part I didn't under stand was that I had to find a body shop that would paint the part for the same cost. Well that didn't happen first off Gary has the paint on hand so his cost will be cheaper. He did give me 85.00 back for painting but not the full painted amount because I got to keep the extra paint dose this sound right to you guys. Think not. figure I had to buy new paint then paid body shop to paint the part the cost was 200.00 pluss I had to buy the paint. On the other hand he was very cool when it came time to mount the part. He took all my calls and talked me though the process. At this point I'm 50/50. I'd probably buy parts later from him but not painted ones. Hell in the end the part cost 200.+ more than it should of. Not shore where I'm going with this but sh t happens. Some times you have to role withit. Side note he should give the money back if the part is returned un harmed.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #111
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
I have to agree with you on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
My deal with Gary was odd. I ordered a razzy front vailence and after days of calling he shipped the part. Well when I got mine it was the wrong color. It came black not cgm when I called Gary he was very sorry for the mix up and wanted to make it right. The part I didn't under stand was that I had to find a body shop that would paint the part for the same cost. Well that didn't happen first off Gary has the paint on hand so his cost will be cheaper. He did give me 85.00 back for painting but not the full painted amount because I got to keep the extra paint dose this sound right to you guys. Think not. figure I had to buy new paint then paid body shop to paint the part the cost was 200.00 pluss I had to buy the paint. On the other hand he was very cool when it came time to mount the part. He took all my calls and talked me though the process. At this point I'm 50/50. I'd probably buy parts later from him but not painted ones. Hell in the end the part cost 200.+ more than it should of. Not shore where I'm going with this but sh t happens. Some times you have to role with it. Side note he should give the money back if the part is returned un harmed.
I agree with you totally on this one.If You pay for something it should be right.The way you ordered it.If it is not the vendor should make it right at his expense not yours.I would be mad also!Sometimes a company grows so fast that their quality slips and customer satisfaction takes a second seat to profits.I hope this is not beginning to be the case.
I have ordered painted bowties quite awhile ago from him.While not totally satisfied with them due to dirt in the paint,I accepted them knowing that most would not notice the dirt.Yea it bothered me then and it bothers me now every time that I wash & dry them.But I guess that is life.At the time of my purchase nothing but kudos on his work.No complaints coming out until lately.Maybe he will take a second look and reexamine the complaints and mend the fences soon rather than later.
The man does quality work as we all have seen.Just might be he is getting overwhelmed with work and needs to step back and re- access.Best of luck to all and hopefully a mutual resolution to these nagging issues.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #112
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
I have not actually done business with Gary, but he has answered many PM's with courteous responses and pertinent information.

The one thing I feel needs to be mentioned here is that his specific business has to be the MOST DIFFICULT to satisfy customers consistently with. He is painting parts, big parts, big risky to ship parts. He's counting on his vendors to have included all appropriate hardware. He's taking parts out of the box and the repacking them. And then he's sending these painted parts out, trusting UPS or FEDEX not to screw them up and then having to deal with folks with widely varying discrimination as to what a "good job" or "good condition" means.

I feel sorry for his current situation considering he is just trying to fill a niche need for the community

Closed Thread