Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #141
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Not sure if those are good news. ??
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #142
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Not sure if those are good news. ??
It means they've at least started on the car... which is more than they managed to do for two weeks thusfar so I'd say good news. Though I never did get a call back and doubt that I will until the car is ready
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #143
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
It means they've at least started on the car... which is more than they managed to do for two weeks thusfar so I'd say good news. Though I never did get a call back and doubt that I will until the car is ready
Well let's hope that solves the issue ! Good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully it'll be finished soon
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #144
crazy82012

Drives: SIM2012 Rollin on22's LEDs
I just installed the elite 2 catch can & when I started my camaro (first start cold )to check for any leaks I noticed a hissing sound coming from the little silver/gray thing behind the catch can & it felt like it something was rubbing inside it .I mounted my can on the passenger side ,engine cover mount ,I also noticed after my idle started to drop ,the noise & vibration stopped ,I don't know what this part is or does ,I notice that it has a line running to the back of the engine ?any help or maybe some one can check & see if this is where there noise is coming from? Thanks any input would help
crazy82012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #145
Jenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
True. Good luck and I hope they figure it out soon and get you back in your Camaro.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #146
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy82012 View Post
I just installed the elite 2 catch can & when I started my camaro (first start cold )to check for any leaks I noticed a hissing sound coming from the little silver/gray thing behind the catch can & it felt like it something was rubbing inside it .I mounted my can on the passenger side ,engine cover mount ,I also noticed after my idle started to drop ,the noise & vibration stopped ,I don't know what this part is or does ,I notice that it has a line running to the back of the engine ?any help or maybe some one can check & see if this is where there noise is coming from? Thanks any input would help
A lot of ppl say there is a noise from the catch can, ur supposed to pinch the hose I belive to see if it stops,not to sure bc I don't have one but that's what I've read
Old 12-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #147
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

So after leaving messages since early Tuesday morning everyday until today I finally received a call back, and they say the parts won't be there until Monday, though they said they'd be here this past Wednesday. The input bearing, output bearing and one other part he couldn't remember what was called are being replaced... He hasn't said anything about valve cover leak so I'm assuming they'll make me wait an extra week for that small job

Definitely not impressed with this dealership.

*edit*
Called GM today and was happy I wasn't even on hold for 30 seconds before the phone rang and got picked up immediately. Asked about the recall and the lady confirmed that a dealership cannot force me to get a recall performed if I decide to drop off the car, definitely going to raise hell when I go in there whenever the car is ready. Hopefully tomorrow, but I'm extremely doubtful. Knowing this shitty service it'll be another week, and I'll be requesting them to make my car payment after having the car a full month.

Last edited by TommyTheCat; 12-08-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #148
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Well that was a waste of 3 weeks and 3 days; they fixed the oil leak which was extremely minor anyways, though I haven't actually verified the leak is gone; they did the recall against my will, not allowing me to leave the vehicle without signing the OK for it and not wanting to drive with a transmission issue really had no choice; and they replaced a ton of parts inside the transmission yet the noise is still present. If anything... the noise is louder than before. Not only that but it seems like they took out their paper floor mats when it rained and decided to leave mud on my regular floor mats... I even keep an extra, cheaper floor mat on top to protect them from my dirty boots and they moved that under the seat. It's dark so I can't really tell for sure but at least I don't see any scratches or dings... yet.

Really frustrated. Definitely won't take the car back to the incompetent dealer... the ONE bearing I told them was most likely making noise is the ONE bearing they didn't replace!
For ****'s sake I do the diagnostics for them and they can't do the damn repairs.

Started my own thread since I don't think it's the same noise... my bad for derailing it a bit

Last edited by TommyTheCat; 12-10-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #149
Jenner

Anyone have any news on this?
Old 04-20-2015, 12:15 PM   #150
mfarhan_amin

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013
living with it.
mfarhan_amin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:29 PM   #151
moE_09

Same. I Ignore it now. If a problem occurs it's been documented and it'll be on the dealer then. Bc they said it's fine
Old 05-14-2015, 10:07 AM   #152
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405734 A fix was found in case someone finds this thread.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:18 AM   #153
GDelToro

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro LT!
Has there been a solution. I plan on getting under the hood tomorrow and checking that inlet screen. Literally been on this website for hours looking for a solution
GDelToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:09 PM   #154
Robmpps

Drives: Camaro Z/LT, Kia Soul, Mini CooperS
I have been dealing with this issue since 12,000 miles. Now I'm at 21,000 and I just got my car back from the dealership three days ago. I dropped it off thinking it was going to be a few days but just after two hours I got the call saying they had fixed the problem and the noise was gone. I have been trying hard to bring the noise back but thank god it has not come back. I wonder if this issue is going to be a frequent issue that will have me bringing my car to the dealership every few months. Also, how much is this going to cost me once my warranty is up.

Thanks everyone for posting about this and finding the resolution to the problem.
Attached Images

Robmpps is offline   Reply With Quote