Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
firedruish

tpms and stabilitrack...please help

So I took my baby in and rotated my front tires along with a new set on the rear...next day had 50k mike check up done with Tranny flush, different fluid change, and brake fluid change.

Since then every day my Tpms gives me low tire pressure warning at 30 psi for my drivers side front tire....with in 5 minutes of the TPMS error coming on i then get service stabilitrack. So I stop and check all my tires which are running 35 - 36 psi. As soon as I physically check the pressure level the errors clear.

Please help as I am thoroughly confused. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Not sure the stabilitrack and TPMS errors are related.

Is your cold tire pressure 30 psi? That's too low. Later, when you check it after driving, it will be higher by 3 or more psi, out of error range. You should be at 36 psi COLD.

The stabilitrack problem could be due to different diameter tires front and rear. Are your new rear tires the OEM size or something different?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
firedruish

My apologies...I am driving a 2011 LT2 RS A6 with just under 49k miles

The 35-36 psi is hot tire pressure and yes I am running the factory oem stagger set up.

what I don't understand is why the dic shows my pressure an average of 6 points less than what my tire is really at. For eexample, I leave my house with a physically checked cold pressure of 34...half way to town tpms error comes up showing a pressure of 30...with in 5 minutes service stablitrack comes up. Finish the drive into town and check my tire pressure. ..it's at 35-36 psi hot. Now because I have put a pressure check or an air chuck on my driver side tire all the errors clear themselves for the day. Then I get to do it all again tomorrow.

I have an appt with my local dealer on tuesday...just impatient and want to understand. Thanks again
Old 07-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
what kind of gauge you using? i had been using a gauge for awhile that did not match up with the tpms. so i bought a accurate tire pressure gauge and voila, the tpms were correct and the tire pressure gauge was off by 6 pounds. try to borrow a accurate tire pressure gauge

Last edited by SS Blinder; 07-22-2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling
SS Blinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #5
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
My TPMS readings are within 1 PSI of my tire pressure gage.

I have an el-cheapo pencil type pressure gage. I used to have a dial gage, which also agreed with the TPMS, but after I dropped it on the pavement, it read much higher than before. I opened it up and discovered that it is a bourdon tube device, very sensitive to damage.

I would believe the TPMS reading if I were you. Pump up the tires, invest in a new tire gage, and see what happens.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedruish View Post
My apologies...I am driving a 2011 LT2 RS A6 with just under 49k miles

The 35-36 psi is hot tire pressure and yes I am running the factory oem stagger set up.

what I don't understand is why the dic shows my pressure an average of 6 points less than what my tire is really at. For eexample, I leave my house with a physically checked cold pressure of 34...half way to town tpms error comes up showing a pressure of 30...with in 5 minutes service stablitrack comes up. Finish the drive into town and check my tire pressure. ..it's at 35-36 psi hot. Now because I have put a pressure check or an air chuck on my driver side tire all the errors clear themselves for the day. Then I get to do it all again tomorrow.

I have an appt with my local dealer on tuesday...just impatient and want to understand. Thanks again
firedruish,

Sorry to hear about your TPMS and Stabilitrak concerns. I realize how concerning that would be. Keep us posted on the results of your dealer visit. If necessary, I can contact their designated Customer Experience Manager if you have any additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
When you had the tires changed, the shocks were hyper extended which may have exacerbated a slight flaw in one of them. Measure your wheel wells to the ground and see if they differ from side to side, something is detecting the tire not staying on the ground firmly which could be a troubled shock now. you may have two different things going on one with the tpms sensors and another with the shock ?
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #8
BLTZKRG

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
My tpms freaked out last night. I thought someone cut my tires....all were at 34-36 cold. Dash said 1 was at 30...all others 35+....drove about 2min. And all went down to 30 or got a * (assuming this is less the 30psi?) Pulled into gas station checked them all....still 34-36psi....idk what that was about. Car has 800mi....checked again this morn...all fine still. Temp drop? Only thing i can figure would cause it.

CAGS Skip-Shift Eliminator
1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
BLTZKRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #9
firedruish

So the update on my car is now 3 times to the local dealer. Tpms was fixed with relearning the tires through the dealer. My tire guy doesn't have the ability to relearn the system.

Stablitrack is a whole different monster. About 45 days ago the dealer had to put in an entirely new rack on my car because the intermediary steering shift unseated from the pinion setup (? I hope that's the right terminology). Now my service stablitrack turns on and off all on its own every day. Dealer says they have never seen all the error codes my car is throwing just by simply turning the wheel left and right. Back again on Tuesday for the whole day as they are calling gm to try to figure out what is going on.

Just want my baby functioning normally again.

Thanks for all the feed back. I bought a better tire gauge and am at 1 point differnce now.