Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #155
Blitzman
173rd Paratrooper

Drives: Summit White SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombasa2k3 View Post
I am in the Air Force and i got back from a deployment a few months ago. I however purchased my Camaro BEFORE i went on my deployment. I decided to go with an LT Camaro as it was easier to afford at the time and would have a lower cost of ownership. I noticed that there were MANY more after i got back from my deployment as well. I was one of the first ones with one on my base and now they are everywhere. E-2s through E-4s probably can get a LS/LT comfortably and E-5 like me can easily get an SS after a deployment (i didn't although i went with a few mods). Especially if they are gone a year like the Army. Air Force however is usually 4-6 months now per deployment. Until you have been over there like i have you won't understand what it's like. I had it easy compared to the Marines and Army as they are there for a year or more but regardless i was still there in Afghanistan right next to them. Unlike most of the people you describe in the OP i didn't just go and blow all of my earnings.
Bingo you spend 12+ months making deployment money and you can easily afford a LARGE (15k+) downpayment and easily afford an SS.

I ordered mine in Afghanistan, put down a nice down payment then spent a large chunk on mods. This was as an E-4 now E-5. Although in my case I make supplemental income that is almost double what I make in the Army, and I was also getting paid additional money for jump status and multi-lingual (Pashtun/Arabic/German).
American Racing Headers
Thunder Racing Cam
Walker Bullet Exhaust
DSS 1400hp Axles
Barton Industries Shifter
ADM Boost/AFR Gauges
Blitzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #156
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombasa2k3 View Post
I am in the Air Force and i got back from a deployment a few months ago. I however purchased my Camaro BEFORE i went on my deployment. I decided to go with an LT Camaro as it was easier to afford at the time and would have a lower cost of ownership. I noticed that there were MANY more after i got back from my deployment as well. I was one of the first ones with one on my base and now they are everywhere. E-2s through E-4s probably can get a LS/LT comfortably and E-5 like me can easily get an SS after a deployment (i didn't although i went with a few mods). Especially if they are gone a year like the Army. Air Force however is usually 4-6 months now per deployment. Until you have been over there like i have you won't understand what it's like. I had it easy compared to the Marines and Army as they are there for a year or more but regardless i was still there in Afghanistan right next to them. Unlike most of the people you describe in the OP i didn't just go and blow all of my earnings.
You don't have to justify a thing... you worked for it, you earned it, ENJOY YOUR RIDE and thanks for your service..
Old 05-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #157
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You don't have to justify a thing... you worked for it, you earned it, ENJOY YOUR RIDE and thanks for your service..

+1!