Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #15
Midlife conVert

Drives: Black 2LT Convertible
+1 ^ What Chris said!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #16
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
This was my first accident ever so this is a little frustrating to me but I finally got my car back. when I picked up the car it was getting dark out so I didn't get a good look at it so I will have to take a close look at it tomorrow. I went with a USAA authorized dealer so all the repairs that the dealership did have a lifetime coverage so if I find anything wrong I can have it repaired at no cost to me. The front stripes look awesome and as far as I could tell and they looked like they matched the rear stripes but I will have to get some good pictures tomorrow because cameras can catch things that are hard to see under certain lighting conditions.
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
What?! No way. Paint all the stripes. I would not stand for half paint and half stickers. Screw that...
I agree, it sounds like they are pulling a half ass job on you. Maybe it looks ok but over time the decals might start to peel and when you go to paint them then, the colors will be off…I would tell them they need to either get decals from GM, i mean i don't see why they would be discontinued since it's still a new car (2010 starting year) or they need to paint it like they did the front

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #18
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
What kind of stripes? The Rally Stripes? I had silver ones added to mine.
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #19
JimAlan

Drives: Black 2SS RS 1LE
bigworm graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
Ok so a week after I got my car someone pulled out of a parking lot towards me and wrecked my car. its been at the dealership for the past few weeks getting fixed. my car is a 2013 LFX RS blue ray metallic with the silver metallic stripes. the dealership said that GM discontinued the stripe kit so they were trying to replace the stripes with aftermarket ones which after two or three sets they couldn't get them to work on the car so they painted the stripes on the car but now I have painted stripes on the front and the original decal stickers on the back. they were suppose to have the car back to me last Friday but the stripes have been holding them up and its already driving me crazy knowing that the front and back aren't going to match perfectly. BTW the car only has 416 miles on it. I just got off the phone with the dealership and they said it would be ready to pick up in two hours. also when I originally talked to them they told me that to change the front end to the SS would cost me no more than $100 out of pocket and then they told me last Friday that they had good news and it was only going to cost me $58 so it was less than originally quoted but yesterday when I had to go there to look at the car and give them the ok to paint the stripes they then said that it either $138 or $148 but I could be wrong because when the lady told me something other than what was quoted to me Friday I was immediately pissed and had to cut the conversation off there and leave. sorry for the long rant.
Give Bigworm Graphics a call to see if they can get the stripes close.
JimAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #20
LiquidDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31B View Post
What kind of stripes? The Rally Stripes? I had silver ones added to mine.

Yah the Rally stripes. here is my car the day I got it home with the original decals that came on it.

here is a picture from after the accident

Old 11-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #21
LiquidDragon

its dark outside so hard to see but here is the car now.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #22
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
How does GM discontinue stripes (which is a popular add on) in a year or less? Doesn't make sense. If the dealership is painting the stripes on the front i would of had them remove the stripes on the back and paint them on to match the front. It doesn't take much to remove stripes on a brand new car.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #23
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
kinda confused by your statement since I have always know USAA to be one of the best insurance companies out there.

http://money.msn.com/auto-insurance/...companies.aspx

http://insurance-quote-review.topten...uto-insurance/

and exactly how can you say that when they are going to authorize painting stripes on the front of your car but leaving vinyl on the back? or in the case of rims, replacing only one even if they couldn't get a match to what you had. I can promise you state farm wouldn't do that. if you had Allstate, state farm, nationwide, even geico and progressive you'd have painted stripes on the rear right now.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #24
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Yea I call BS on the stripe package being discontinued. The reason I say that is, they are the same from 2010-13 and I went on GMPartshouse.com and guess what Rally Stripes available (Black, Gray, Silver, Orange, and White) $308

http://store.gmpartshouse.com/partlo...egoryID=161269

As for the SS bumper last time I checked the price was the same as the V6 bumper what the reason for the higher cost will be for the mail slot insert and the lower grille both of those would run around $130 ish.

Last edited by 01pewterz28; 11-16-2013 at 06:00 AM.
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
I don't think GM discontinued them because 2014 LS/LT models use the 2010-2013 Camaro hood & I've seen them with the 2010-2013 rally stripe kits installed, and as has been said you can still buy them new from GM parts places. Also you can still buy them in individual stripe pieces which is all you actually need from places like GM Parts House as they are sold that way as replacements for reasons like you have with your car presently. It may be a case that the body shop just doesn't want to replace your hood stripes because they take a bit of work to turn out right.

You should now have them go back & paint on the deck lid stripes, even with it being at your cost. It looks like the painted on hood stripes was very nicely done. I don't know one person want's stripes on their car who would prefer vinyl decal stripes over painted on stripes. Vinyl wears out over time.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Yea I call BS on the stripe package being discontinued.
+1

AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #27
LiquidDragon

happy with the way the stripes turned out but not happy that I have to pay to have the rears painted now. I was also tired of the shop having my car and I wanted it back even though it wasn't done like it should have been. there are issues with the panel alignment so I will be adding this to my diminished value claim that I am filing with them and once I get the money from that I will be getting the rear stripes painted on as well as some side stripes to match. here are some pictures that show a few panel alignment issues.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #28
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
ouch! by the way, which dealership did you go to? and good luck with the diminished value claim. insurance companies hate to pay them and fight pretty hard against them.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote