Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #57
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
I hate to make generalizations about people, but if his parents own several car dealerships, then he probably already has a new car. When I was a kid, I had to pay for every car or motorcycle I owned. For that reason, I always took care of them. A kid who can walk into a dealership and drive off in any car he wants will not have respect for the vehicle.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #58
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Happy the ppl evolved is still alive, God was on their side! And Maybe you ppl need to read up on the trofeos when talking about the Z/28! Bunch of ppl just giving out the wrong info! Better listen to GM chassis engineer Bill wise! As this has already been talked about ! Not saying the driver did anything wrong! But others need to know that these tires need to be warmed up before you think that you are Jeff Gordon with Z/28!
This thread sucks , Bunch of you making a mountain out of a molehill,
1st The OP made the thread , Thread says something to the effect of --My friend was involved in a crash with a Z-28 , He owns a few dealerships , shocked to see it was a Z-28 . Here is a pic , END OF STATEMENT . Nothing about how his friend is doing , Then suddenly everyone is a jerk and idiot if they talk about the Z-28 and not about the people involved yet the OP did not say a single word about them . Then you go and involve a bunch of us saying we are going out giving out wrong info , Excuse me but what exactly was the wrong info that I gave out? And by the way you yourself just gave out info that nobody knows yet that could be wrong saying the tires need to be warmed up ? How do you know if they were cold or warm , Maybe they had drove 100 miles , Or maybe they just pulled out of their driveway ? Point is you do not know . And how do you know God was on their side? Maybe he wasn't and made them crash , Or maybe it was driver error? Or maybe God shouldn't even be involved ,and we should just talk about cars
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #59
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
DIBS ON THE WHEELS
Might only get 3 , the front drivers side could be junk?
Old 12-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #60
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
1st The OP made the thread , Thread says something to the effect of --My friend was involved in a crash with a Z-28 , He owns a few dealerships , shocked to see it was a Z-28 . Here is a pic , END OF STATEMENT . Nothing about how his friend is doing , Then suddenly everyone is a jerk and idiot if they talk about the Z-28 and not about the people involved yet the OP did not say a single word about them . Then you go and involve a bunch of us saying we are going out giving out wrong info , Excuse me but what exactly was the wrong info that I gave out? And by the way you yourself just gave out info that nobody knows yet that could be wrong saying the tires need to be warmed up ? How do you know if they were cold or warm , Maybe they had drove 100 miles , Or maybe they just pulled out of their driveway ? Point is you do not know . And how do you know God was on their side? Maybe he wasn't and made them crash , Or maybe it was driver error? Or maybe God shouldn't even be involved ,and we should just talk about cars
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #61
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Hope everyone involved is ok..

With that said I find this thread pretty funny, I have to agree that some ppl should not be driving a car of this magnitude.

If you don't respect it it will eventually bite..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #62
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Get out much?? LOL!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #63
whan

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Quote:
I call the spoiler!
whan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #64
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Someone forgot to take their meds!!!!!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #65
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Yeah I agree. Reading these comments is very disturbing. So many ASSumptions. I really am glad that they are alive and hopefully they recover fully. Only femur breaks Ive heard of(emt for a bit) are very serious accidents. I really hope speed wasn't involved and if so, this should be a HUGE wake up call to him and those nearest and dearest to him. Its NEVER worth it to get there 1 minute faster.

Side note:

Before we can begin the calculations let me put out one very important assumption in place. All calculations are based on constant speed going from point A to point B. Of course in the real world no one drives at constant speed but it is much easier to calculate speed and other attributes of a moving object. Doing the calculations in the real world would require monitoring all the variables involved when we are traveling from point A to point B such as traffic movement, acceleration and deceleration rate intervals, rest stop breaks, etc. But I do not think any of this really matters because all the drivers on any given highway are generally affected for miles by the same variables more or less. So the time saved with respect to other drivers on the same highway probably is insignificant as my calculations will show in the two scenarios presented below.

Some of us know the following simple physics equation to calculate constant speed, “Speed = Distance / Time” or as words “speed = distance divided by time” but we need to calculate “time” in this case. We already know the speed and distant, therefore, we must rearrange the equation to calculate the “time” required to transverse the 100 mile distant. The new equation is:

“Time= Distant / Speed” or as words “Time = distance divided by speed”

Driver A: Time = 100 miles / 65 mph = 1.54 hours so 1.54 hours = 92 minutes

Driver B: Time = 100 miles / 75 mph = 1.33 hours so 1.33 hours = 80 minutes

now subtract the two times to get the difference in the arrival time between the two drivers.

92 minutes - 80 minutes = 12 minutes

Results: Driver B would only beat Driver A by a measly 12 minutes after driving 100 miles.

The another way of looking at this, if Driver A drives for 1 hour at a constant speed of 65 mph he would have driven 65 miles while Driver B at the speed of 75 mph would have driven 75 miles. The two drivers would be 10 miles apart in one hour. In terms of distance that is a lot but in terms of time they are less than 10 minutes apart. That is not much time difference when Driver A finally reach the 75 mile mark. It would be less than 10 minutes later for him.

Looking back at the first scenario, if you wish to determine how far apart the drivers are when Driver B reach the 100 mile mark here are the calculations.

Calculations:

We already know Driver B would have driven 100 miles at a constant speed of 75 mph in 80 minutes. Also we know 80 minutes equal 1.33 hours. All we need to do is determine how far Driver A would have driven in the same time at 65 mph from the same starting point.

First we have to rearrange the constant speed equation to calculate distant this time.

Speed = Distance / Time

Rearrange the equation to calculate distant. Therefore Distance = Speed X Time.

Results: Distance = 65 mph X 1.33 hours = 86 miles

Therefore, Driver A is 14 miles behind when Driver B reaches his destination at the 100 mile mark, but in terms of time he is only 12 minutes away and Driver B was doing all that speeding for 80 minutes and consuming more gas in the process just to save 12 minutes.

Now I can apply these calculations to a must longer distant like 1000 miles by simply multiplying all our results from Scenario 1 by 10 using the same speed as before for Driver A and Driver B.

Sourced from :http://melpor.hubpages.com/hub/Do-Dr...ally-Save-Time
MEDS YOU SAY.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #66
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
MEDS YOU SAY.
Its copy pasted from a website about how speeding doesnt really save any time.... Dont go try using me as a scapegoat cause you threw out a nut job comment bro. Have a great holiday guy....
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #67
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
I'll still take the driver front because all I have to do is take it to the dealer and give them the wheel for a new one.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #68
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith18 View Post
God, some of you guys are assholes. its just a car, and you have no clue regarding the circumstances of the crash.
No we do not know the circumstances of the crash, but the Event Data Recorder (commonly known as the black box) knows exactly how it happened.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #69
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
WOW!
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #70
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
It's just a car, we should be praying for the people that were in it!
I will follow up my original post by saying I have no doubt the driver was doing something stupid that contributed to the crash. Guess what I was young once and did plenty of stupid stuff too, but I got lucky and didn't end up like this. A couple of close calls and some common sense = you don't do the same stupid stuff anymore! Leave the car parts for the junkman and thank God this wasn't you, it could happen to anyone, we have all done something stupid in a car.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote