Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-21-2016, 11:24 AM   #1
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
Stabilltrac servicing... dash lights and Brake lights stay on.

So this is the second time this has happened. first time it just "went away" but not this time.

Just driving down the highway. "Service Stabilitrac" warning comes on. TC and the two Stabilitrac lights come on. Car drives fine.

BUT.... turn off the car.... walk away with the keys in hand and the brakes lights and third light remain ON. Will NOT turn off. I have to disconnect the battery at the moment. o have left the car off the battery overnight but.... brakes lights come on as soon as i connect the battery.

Anyone?

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
What are the codes?
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:35 AM   #3
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickerbucks View Post
So this is the second time this has happened. first time it just "went away" but not this time.

Just driving down the highway. "Service Stabilitrac" warning comes on. TC and the two Stabilitrac lights come on. Car drives fine.

BUT.... turn off the car.... walk away with the keys in hand and the brakes lights and third light remain ON. Will NOT turn off. I have to disconnect the battery at the moment. o have left the car off the battery overnight but.... brakes lights come on as soon as i connect the battery.

Anyone?
Taking a guess here but a faulty brake switch might be causing that issue. Car thinks you are applying brakes while your are driving throwing stabilitrac out of whack...just a guess. If you start the car up and turn off all the nannies and drive the car does the stabilitrac lights go off other than the T/C light?
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:43 PM   #4
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
Wierd but for the moment everything is fine. I guess for the moment I have to wait and see if the error comes back and get to the dealer to read the codes.

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote