Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
what would you do?

Ok so a week after I got my car someone pulled out of a parking lot towards me and wrecked my car. its been at the dealership for the past few weeks getting fixed. my car is a 2013 LFX RS blue ray metallic with the silver metallic stripes. the dealership said that GM discontinued the stripe kit so they were trying to replace the stripes with aftermarket ones which after two or three sets they couldn't get them to work on the car so they painted the stripes on the car but now I have painted stripes on the front and the original decal stickers on the back. they were suppose to have the car back to me last Friday but the stripes have been holding them up and its already driving me crazy knowing that the front and back aren't going to match perfectly. BTW the car only has 416 miles on it. I just got off the phone with the dealership and they said it would be ready to pick up in two hours. also when I originally talked to them they told me that to change the front end to the SS would cost me no more than $100 out of pocket and then they told me last Friday that they had good news and it was only going to cost me $58 so it was less than originally quoted but yesterday when I had to go there to look at the car and give them the ok to paint the stripes they then said that it either $138 or $148 but I could be wrong because when the lady told me something other than what was quoted to me Friday I was immediately pissed and had to cut the conversation off there and leave. sorry for the long rant.
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Get the information of the person who hit you. then demand that the racing stripes be painted, with the blood of the offending driver
Old 11-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
just kidding
Old 11-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
have them fix the stripes then pay.. Sorry hang in there!
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I feel it's complete BS that they can't get original stripes. I was getting New Old Stock parts for my '70 Buick in 2006 that had been sitting in a GM warehouse for over 35 years. Horse hockey they can't get them.

What they mean is "we can't easily just order them from GM so we'll cheap-out on the repair using a vendor we are familiar with".

Are you forced to take the car to the dealer in VA?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
LiquidDragon

the other person was at fault and his insurance is covering the cost to fix the car which is also the same insurance company that I use but if I want the back stripes to now match the front stripes I have to pay out of pocket for that. I feel that the back stripes should have been painted also if that was the only way for them to fix the front stripes. The insurance company stopped paying for the rental on Monday so I turned the car in and then the dealership get me another rental on Wednesday afternoon when I showed up with my wife and asked for my car back.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
don't get mad at the dealership, they're only doing what the insurance company authorizes. if the insurance company won't authorize rear stripes, they aren't going to do it for free. this isn't warranty work. same with the front end. they're basing what they will charge you on how much the insurance company will pay them.

not to say you don't have a beef, but it's with the insurance, not the dealership, so talk to them. if you can't get any resolution, then try going through your insurance. but whatever you do, don't authorize anything, sign for anything, or take possession of the car till you have this settled.

what insurance company is this?
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
What?! No way. Paint all the stripes. I would not stand for half paint and half stickers. Screw that...
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
What?! No way. Paint all the stripes. I would not stand for half paint and half stickers. Screw that...
+1. that's going to look like ass down the road
Old 11-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
LiquidDragon

I don't have any issues with the dealership other than the fact that they were trying to put non OEM parts on my car but I am extremely happy that they are painting the stripes on the car for me at no extra cost. I am annoyed that the insurance company refuses to have the back stripes painted so that they match the front stripes. I asked her what would the insurance company do if the rims on my car were no longer being made and one was damaged and she replied to me that they would only pay to replace one rim with something that was comparable even if it didn't match. BTW the insurance company is USAA
Old 11-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I'm going through this on a minor level right now- the fact is that I expect my insurance to cover my loss (minus the agreed on deductible) so that the vehicle is no worse than it was just before the loss: I expect the vehicle to be as "right" as it was 1 second prior to the damage that they insure against. That's the deal. I pay them to make that deal happen.

But the insurance co's don't get rich by writing a bunch of checks, and they'll try to short-buck you every time.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Sell the v6 for an ss, problem solved :-)
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
I don't have any issues with the dealership other than the fact that they were trying to put non OEM parts on my car but I am extremely happy that they are painting the stripes on the car for me at no extra cost. I am annoyed that the insurance company refuses to have the back stripes painted so that they match the front stripes. I asked her what would the insurance company do if the rims on my car were no longer being made and one was damaged and she replied to me that they would only pay to replace one rim with something that was comparable even if it didn't match. BTW the insurance company is USAA
the insurance company decides on what parts go on, so that's on them too. I think this is probably a function of using USAA. when you go bargain basement sometimes this happens. not saying you shouldn't use them or other low cost carriers, but there's always a trade off. you get what you pay for. though you can probably try going up the food chain. maybe someone higher up will help you.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #14
LiquidDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
the insurance company decides on what parts go on, so that's on them too. I think this is probably a function of using USAA. when you go bargain basement sometimes this happens. not saying you shouldn't use them or other low cost carriers, but there's always a trade off. you get what you pay for. though you can probably try going up the food chain. maybe someone higher up will help you.

kinda confused by your statement since I have always know USAA to be one of the best insurance companies out there.

http://money.msn.com/auto-insurance/...companies.aspx

http://insurance-quote-review.topten...uto-insurance/