Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 07-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE RS, 2014 ZL1& 2024 ZL1
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tire shortage

So got off the phone with one of my tire suplliers about ordering 295/35/20 and 315/35/20 PSS tires. Found Michelin is not doing another run until next spring. Can't believe the delay between runs. I know lots of people use these tires, however Michelin mention they haven't had much for orders to come in. So I am thinking putting my order in to get my set for next spring. Anyone going through this as well.
700/633 91Octane Street Tune=750/670 VP109 Race Tune TVS2300 Heartbeat SC,ADM Dual Fuel Pumps/ Module, BRM lowered 1", performance rotors, hawks pads, SS Braided lines, GT-14cam, 78mm pulley, AR LT Headers, Cat Deletes, Borla S catback, tinted, 1/LE emblems, 65lb Injectors, Elite catch can,dual valve springs, titanium retainers, super conductor wires and insulators, Robo Fab CAI, Oversize intercooler reservoir, Oracle ghost side markers, Black out Bowties & SS,ZL1 splash guards, Michelin PSS. Built and tuned by Davenport Motorsports (WILD1LE)
PlatinumIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #2
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumIce View Post
So got off the phone with one of my tire suplliers about ordering 295/35/20 and 315/35/20 PSS tires. Found Michelin is not doing another run until next spring. Can't believe the delay between runs. I know lots of people use these tires, however Michelin mention they haven't had much for orders to come in. So I am thinking putting my order in to get my set for next spring. Anyone going through this as well.
Nitto makes some pretty good options.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
Nitto makes some pretty good options.

Before I had the MPSSs, I'd have backed you. Nittos aren't nearly the tire the PSSs are. Really. I used to be a big Nitto fan. The Invo was such a great tire, but with a slightly soft sidewall for my taste. The Pilot Super Sport is worlds better, quieter, and lasts longer.

OP, definitely put your order in. There's a reason these tires are selling so quickly.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #4
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
I agree the PSS's are awesome. I love mine. THAT being said.... I have a second set... brand new... in my garage that I am willing to sell. 295 and 315 tires.

so if someone out there REALLY wants a set... send me a PM.

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #5
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I had the Michelin's on a previous car and they were good. I have the invo's now and I quite like them. My next tires will the Continental Extreme Contact DW. Great price and a higher tread wear rating than the Michelin's and almost the same performance.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:55 PM   #6
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
I had the Michelin's on a previous car and they were good. I have the invo's now and I quite like them. My next tires will the Continental Extreme Contact DW. Great price and a higher tread wear rating than the Michelin's and almost the same performance.
Just something to note - you can't really compare treadwear numbers between manufacturers. It's not an international standard. Each manufacturer decides what a "200" treadwear tire is, and bases the rest of their lineup on that. Conti /= Michelin /= Goodyear /=Hankook and so on. They may be close, but may not be.

Just something to think about.

http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/the-ge.../on-tread-life
&
http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/motors...t-do-they-mean
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #7
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Yeah I have noticed that with different tires. Some seem to wear more and some seem to last longer. I was really surprised that the stock Pirelli's had such a low tread wear because I still have them and they have lots of life left in them, but they are not on the car. The Invo's I have wear a lot faster. I am going to have to replace the rears soon and I just got them last summer and I don't drive the camaro in the winter. But I can buy the rear invo's cheap compared to the Michelin's and they are in stock.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:20 AM   #8
LittleReEntryRacer

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I just about ordered four 285/35/20's PSS's today from the shop down here in Monterey, CA. With the exchange rate right now it seems a couple hundred bucks cheaper to get them back home, but the guy here said he'd have them the next day if I wanted them.
LittleReEntryRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #9
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Buy some Goodyear F1 Supercars.
Had them at the road course a couple weeks ago, and liked the grip better than the PZeros.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #10
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

I already put on some new Goodyear F1 supercar g's. I want to get my set of PSS to have in my garage for next yr before next yrs Sturgis trip
700/633 91Octane Street Tune=750/670 VP109 Race Tune TVS2300 Heartbeat SC,ADM Dual Fuel Pumps/ Module, BRM lowered 1", performance rotors, hawks pads, SS Braided lines, GT-14cam, 78mm pulley, AR LT Headers, Cat Deletes, Borla S catback, tinted, 1/LE emblems, 65lb Injectors, Elite catch can,dual valve springs, titanium retainers, super conductor wires and insulators, Robo Fab CAI, Oversize intercooler reservoir, Oracle ghost side markers, Black out Bowties & SS,ZL1 splash guards, Michelin PSS. Built and tuned by Davenport Motorsports (WILD1LE)
Old 07-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #11
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

This is the e-mail I got from Michelin " we apologize the Pilot Super Sport size 295/25/20 and 315/35/20 tires are not available for retailers to order. We do have production cycles which we do not when the next production run will be. The dealer can call their Michelin Dealer Customer service number to see if they can get that information

And here was my follow up phone with Michelin "Talk with Michelin, they are doing winter tires runs right now and have nothing lined up for PSS at least for the next 4 wks according to their schedule. However if there is a back order they will try to put a run together at that time but no guarantee.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:31 PM   #12
Blownfogger540

Drives: 2013 ZL1 416
google the tires there is always some shop that has them in stock
Blownfogger540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:28 AM   #13
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickerbucks View Post
I agree the PSS's are awesome. I love mine. THAT being said.... I have a second set... brand new... in my garage that I am willing to sell. 295 and 315 tires.

so if someone out there REALLY wants a set... send me a PM.
You never know I happen to have a set of wheels that will fit those tires now.