Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #15
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balok View Post
LOL, yeah I saw a pic of yours the other day and thought, "man that dude's gonna think I totally ripped off his design ideas", lol. But I've actually had this in the works for a couple months now. I guess great minds think alike and all that, lol.

Anyway, I think there's a guy here in NC that makes them, but I don't know how to get in touch with him. But if you call Kyle at SL Customs he can either tell you how to get up with the guy, or probably just get you one and paint and ship it to you.

Thank you for your service.

SL Customs
154 Lugnut Ln,
Mooresville, NC
(704) 663-6500
Ah thanks, it is funny because when I was thinking on how i was going to have that strut brace painted, I originally thought i would do it exactly the way yours is, with the ends blue instead of white and then I decided since the strut towers were white I would do the ends of the brace white also. I just got some white tower covers yesterday and after I got home from work I put SS in the middle of them. I will install them this evening when I get home and snap a photo with them installed and post it.
I like how you removed the bowtie from the back, looks nice. I dark navy blued mine out instead of removing it. there are some more pics here in my build thread.
I will give SL customs a call and see what they can do for me.
Thanks
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #16
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
your car is beautiful!
your engine compartment is awesome.

After doing the vinyl stripes on my Summit White SS, i had them deleted and will be painting then on next month.
So yeah, Silver Linings, right?

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #17
Balok

Drives: 2014 Spring Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
Nice car!

Why didn't you get the NPP exhaust? Looks like your diffuser is designed for quad tips.
I don't know that I'll get an NPP system, but possibly. Does it add a little HP when open to the straight side?

Also, and maybe I'm not understanding something, but I really don't see the need for the whole valve opening and closing bit. Maybe I'm old school, but I'd probably have the thing open to the straight pipe all the time anyway, lol. What's the point of being able to open and close it with the Mild2Wild gizmo?

But, yeah, I was telling Kyle at SL that it's a damn 400 HP muscle car, but doesn't sound like one because its so quiet! If stock is a 1 on the obnoxious scale, and a 10 is stupid loud, I'd like to have a 4 or 5. It's just too tame sounding now, so I definitely feel you.

But, it's one thing at a time for me, baby steps. The day I bought the car you probably would have never convinced me I'd have done to it what I've done so far, lol!

I'm trying to figure out a way to mod some guides into my seats and add the bars I need for a 5-point harness for when I track it, lol. Dedicated track tires and wheels, trailer and hitch to haul them to the track are also on my list. Lot's to do!
Balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #18
Balok

Just a quick update. I scheduled with Kyle at SL Customs to drop my baby off this Sunday and he will have her all next week. It's going to feel very strange being apart for an entire week, but I know she will be in good hands and get a lot of TLC while away. We have a 5th Gen Camaro Club of NC meet at VIR this Saturday and she gets to turn a few laps again, even if not at a full pace. So that will be like a little present for her before she goes to the shop. I know I'm probably weird thinking about my car in these terms, but I'd bet I'm not alone! Anyway, here's the list for next week:

- Remove all vinyl and replace the stripes with Blue Ray Metallic painted stripes and paint the trunk, spoiler and hood. I'm going to have them wrap the stripe all the way around the spoiler instead of stopping it at the top so you'll be able to see it from behind. I think that will look sweet!

- Replace the metal Camaro lettering on the fenders with new Blue Ray lettering.

- Paint the throttle body. Haven't decided on white or blue yet.

- Powder coat calipers white.

- Clean up the strut tower area where it is discolored. Don't know why this is like that but he said he thought it was cheap clear coat they use for the engine bay. But it very annoying.

That's all for now!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #19
Balok

Just talked to Kyle at SL Customs, and the stripes are done and everything is put back together except the powder coated calipers whick will be done tomorrow, so she will be ready to pick up Saturday.

In the mean time I just ordered a set of 19x11 Forgestar CF5V's and a set of BC Racing Coilovers! I'm going to mount Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 R's in a square 305 setup for when I go to the track! The wheels will probably take 8 weeks to make and ship so I'll be pacing the floor until they arrive!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #20
Balok

Picked her back up today. Here's a couple of pics from SL Customs Facebook page. Waiting for a sunny day for more pics as it's been raining cats and dogs for 3 days here.

- Vinyl removed and all stripes painted and clear coated
- Stripe wrapped around spoiler
- Blue Ray Camaro lettering on fenders
- Calipers powder coated white
- Throttle body painted white to match the rest of the engine area (not pictured)

Coming soon: new Forgestar CF5V wheels and new tires Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 R's for the track, BC Racing BR Coilovers with Camber plates and new sway bars! I hate waiting 8 WEEKS for those wheels to be made. What will I do for 8 weeks?!?!?

I can't wait for:

Last edited by Balok; 08-02-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #21
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
day-um!!!!

that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #22
Balok

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
day-um!!!!

that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Thanks, yeah I'm stoked. You wouldn't believe how much of a difference that wrapping that stripe around the spoiler makes the rear look from the back. I hope it's not raining tomorrow, I'll put up some more pics.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #23
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Man, that looks great. Since ours are almost twins any way, I may have to make a trip there to have mine done as well. Love the wrap around and really in the long run those stripes are going to have to be painted because the vinyl will fade and/or crack/peel.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #24
Balok

Look what came today! Now, I'm (im)patiently waiting for Forgestar to get my wheels made and going to order my track tires in a couple of weeks. To add to all of it, I'm buying a new house and close on the 12th of September, lol. But the good news is the new house has a garage under it and a full basement so I will have a place to get her out of the elements and can build my kick-ass man cave/poker room! Too many irons in the fire these days! I'm going to need a vacation soon, lol.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #25
Balok

I think this is the last of my exterior mods, not that this is really a mod, more like icing on the cake. But I dropped her off at The Shine Shop in Greensboro earlier this week for a full exterior detail and Modesta BC-05 Glass coating. You wouldn't believe the depth in the paint now and how much detail you can see of stuff in the reflections. These pictures in no way do it justice!

The coating is very expensive, but in my mind it's an investment and over the life of the treatment it's not really that expensive when you figure you don't have to clay, polish or wax the car for several years. I love a clean car but to be honest I despise having to wash and detail one. It takes me all day and I still do a hack job on it, and don't even think about putting a buffer in my hands. Now, all I have to do is a gentle wash and dry and it's just like it left the detail shop - very low maintenance! So I think it's money well spent!

Old 08-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #26
alcal1084

Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
What Finnish and offset did you get for the CF5V?
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #27
Balok

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcal1084 View Post
What Finnish and offset did you get for the CF5V?
Not sure the offset, I'll have to ask Jurrian and get back to you. But I went with the standard silver finish.

Last edited by Balok; 08-30-2014 at 01:17 PM.