Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #15
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
BTW, if ANY dealer wants my business.....

Real tired of non-informed sales people, dealers without ANY information, no prices, $3000 markups, acting like this car is the cats meow. It is and it isn't. The economy sucks, housing sucks, people losing jobs. If the launch of the Camaro did not coincide with the worst economy since the Great Depression, would I not be saying this.

I have read alot here at Camaro5 and learned. I am new here, true. But common sense dictates truth and direction. I have read many posts in particular from CamaroScotty and what he says makes sense..and I believe what he says. So, my post is not directed at anyone here period. Maybe some fodder for my banishment...

Here is my order...

2SS, IOM, MN6, RS, W1H, VZG, VYV.

$35,500 including tax (6%) tag and title.

I can get employee pricing, GSU, Credit Union..

And I can wait..until so offered. Here is your chance to get a quick, no B.S. sale, no calling you up on the phone "where is my car". I'll wait till December to pick it up. You keep any incentives or rebates, and I will put it in writing.

The buyer is the market now guys! NOT the seller. I suggest we decide what we pay, not the other way around. Banks have tightened up lending making this Camaro purchase a tough one. I personally would rather call 20 dealers, tell them what I want, and tell them where they are at in "line" and what I will pay and having them fight for my money.

Again, nothing personal towards anyone at all here. Only venting because of dealers posting GMS pricing for the above SS, getting emails and calls and in the end, only $1400 less than MSRP and $1798 more than GMS pricing edict.

So, If any salesman has allocation left, from their original allocation and not from "future" potential allocation, PM me. My price is firm, I'll put it all in writing!
WOW! Salespeople should be jumping at the chance to do business with you.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #16
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
WOW! Salespeople should be jumping at the chance to do business with you.
As a matter of fact, I got the above described SS for $35,730.96 out the door from a board member and Michigan dealer. I said $35,500 was my max, but I had to add $180 DOC and another $12 tax to my figure.

Sent me a PDF file with my information, car workup and purchase agreement on dealer letterhead. Order going in first thing in the AM and getting order number then.

So, to answer your question, yes they did jump. As a matter of fact, I got 4 replies and two auto book pdf's with attached purchase agreements before noon today, all from bonafide dealers.

The guy I am working with is very knowledgable and very helpful. And I thank him for clearing any disillusion I had with the other dealers.

Don't be hatin'!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #17
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Might be a hard task to pull off - I was under the impression the pricing might change after the sold preordering concluded....so if you're not a part of that, I don't see anyone wanting to "quote" a price for a car that far down the road.

And thanks for the comments!
so what are you saying that the price will increase.
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #18
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I like it.

Scotty, why would you think pricing is going to change after preorders???? I mean the MSRP prices are published in GM documentation for the car. GM would be nuts to change them after the car hits the streets.
George Bush once said..."READ MY LIPS....." then we had a tax increase.

GM says *Subject to change

And, I heard it somewhere that pricing will be evaluated. Pricing changes all the time, and all the line up.....This car isn't going to be immune from them. Any supplier increases, labor etc - it all gets passed along. I hope NOT, but......
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:14 AM   #19
mdky2kss

Drives: 1978 Z28,1986 Iroc,2000 SS, 13 ZL1
Send a message via AIM to mdky2kss
Thank you for the nice words about dealers. I know there are a lot of dumb ones out there, but that doesn't mean we are all like that. Some of us actually keep up on the products we sell and don't blow smoke up people's butt. I'll have everything around this morning for you.
mdky2kss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #20
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Matt,

Thanks! Got my order number and agreement as described and discussed.

PAINLESS!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #21
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Matt,

Thanks! Got my order number and agreement as described and discussed.

PAINLESS!
Awesome!

I e-mailed Basil about the $500 over invoice deal on Monday and never heard back from them.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #22
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Can't wait..

The T/A has 140k, still running great. But as stated, nothing like the smell and feel of a new Camaro!

Actually, nothing like dreaming of it, talking about it, deciding about how you want it..and finally, seeing YOUR choice as you turn the corner at the dealer and see that wonderful sight..

If all goes as planned, I will take Matt out for a Steak dinner. He deserves it after all I went through. You hear me Matt?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #23
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Well played.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #24
mdky2kss

Drives: 1978 Z28,1986 Iroc,2000 SS, 13 ZL1
Send a message via AIM to mdky2kss
Tom,

Thanks for the offer and I guarantee everything will go smooth. Just as it has so far.
mdky2kss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #25
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
I love this thread and hope it starts a trend, not just for our beloved camaro, but for car buying in general. Not only is it a wonderful way for the consumer to get the best deal, it's a great way for a good dealer to take a more active role in the buying process. They can go online and actively find customers instead of waiting in a building for people to contact them.

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #26
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
BTW, if ANY dealer wants my business.....

Real tired of non-informed sales people, dealers without ANY information, no prices, $3000 markups, acting like this car is the cats meow. It is and it isn't. The economy sucks, housing sucks, people losing jobs. If the launch of the Camaro did not coincide with the worst economy since the Great Depression, would I not be saying this.

I have read alot here at Camaro5 and learned. I am new here, true. But common sense dictates truth and direction. I have read many posts in particular from CamaroScotty and what he says makes sense..and I believe what he says. So, my post is not directed at anyone here period. Maybe some fodder for my banishment...

Here is my order...

2SS, IOM, MN6, RS, W1H, VZG, VYV.

$35,500 including tax (6%) tag and title.

I can get employee pricing, GSU, Credit Union..

And I can wait..until so offered. Here is your chance to get a quick, no B.S. sale, no calling you up on the phone "where is my car". I'll wait till December to pick it up. You keep any incentives or rebates, and I will put it in writing.

The buyer is the market now guys! NOT the seller. I suggest we decide what we pay, not the other way around. Banks have tightened up lending making this Camaro purchase a tough one. I personally would rather call 20 dealers, tell them what I want, and tell them where they are at in "line" and what I will pay and having them fight for my money.

Again, nothing personal towards anyone at all here. Only venting because of dealers posting GMS pricing for the above SS, getting emails and calls and in the end, only $1400 less than MSRP and $1798 more than GMS pricing edict.

So, If any salesman has allocation left, from their original allocation and not from "future" potential allocation, PM me. My price is firm, I'll put it all in writing!
Good offer for any dealer at $1000 over invoice! An excellent deal in this economy. Some out there are just plain...well you know.
domano 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #27
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
As a matter of fact, I got the above described SS for $35,730.96 out the door from a board member and Michigan dealer. I said $35,500 was my max, but I had to add $180 DOC and another $12 tax to my figure.

Sent me a PDF file with my information, car workup and purchase agreement on dealer letterhead. Order going in first thing in the AM and getting order number then.

So, to answer your question, yes they did jump. As a matter of fact, I got 4 replies and two auto book pdf's with attached purchase agreements before noon today, all from bonafide dealers.

The guy I am working with is very knowledgable and very helpful. And I thank him for clearing any disillusion I had with the other dealers.

Don't be hatin'!
I wasn't hatin'. I was agreeing that you are a ready, willing and able buyer and they should be jumping to get your business. Good luck with your order.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #28
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Might be a hard task to pull off - I was under the impression the pricing might change after the sold preordering concluded....so if you're not a part of that, I don't see anyone wanting to "quote" a price for a car that far down the road.

And thanks for the comments!

But currently there is a MSRP price for preorders, corrrect? The dealership that I just visited said "all" prices are subject to change (even on the preorder MSRP price).
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote