Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #99
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
I hope the parking lot evening thing never goes away because it was incredible to mingle among that many Camaro's and their passionate owners and bs about cars, mods and wherever else the conversation went.
That was the best part as far as Im concerned.
That Texas group is an awesome bunch

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #100
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I have been to two of the three. I love the track events and the experience of the community.

For those that were at the 1st C5Fest, I am sure they will tell you it was a meet and greet. 3 years later, it is still a meet and greet. It is a community coming together to meet up and have fun together. All of the other activities were born from this idea to help sponsor it after the idea was created. It became big quickly, but not due to the vendors, or the track, but the idea of meeting those on the site that you interact with.

If you feel it was intended for you to come and get treated as it was a national sponsored event, you might be missing something. It is a party with some activities thrown in. Hopefully you made friends on line over the years, and hooking up with them for a few days is worth your time. If not, just remember, it is not a sanctioned race, but a meet and greet with some fun thrown in during the day.
THIS!!!!!!!!

Well put edog.

Much like the FbodyGathering in Atlanta every year this is meant to hang together and have fun. The track part of it is made possible by the vendors and track fees.

I'll go further. If it get's too commercial I'll skip it. I'll just get a room in the hotel and stay there for the funnest part of the fest.

I don't forsee that. It'll get better with the years. Sure, eventually it will dwindle. But not for a long time. And not if we include the 6th Gen somehow. This is a huge show for only one model of one make.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #101
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I have been to two of the three. I love the track events and the experience of the community.

For those that were at the 1st C5Fest, I am sure they will tell you it was a meet and greet. 3 years later, it is still a meet and greet. It is a community coming together to meet up and have fun together. All of the other activities were born from this idea to help sponsor it after the idea was created. It became big quickly, but not due to the vendors, or the track, but the idea of meeting those on the site that you interact with.

If you feel it was intended for you to come and get treated as it was a national sponsored event, you might be missing something. It is a party with some activities thrown in. Hopefully you made friends on line over the years, and hooking up with them for a few days is worth your time. If not, just remember, it is not a sanctioned race, but a meet and greet with some fun thrown in during the day.
very well stated. I had an awesome time at both last years fest and this one. It's all about meeting the people you talk to online. everything else is just extra.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #102
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
I loved it. It was nice meeting everybody. I'll def be at CF 4!
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote