Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #57
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
Ahh Yess BUT THE 2SS Alrewady HAS THE UPGRADED AUDIO.. So Why Add An option that Isnt There..ON THE CAMARO?
Because we're comparing 'fully loaded' prices. And we have no idea what the cost will be to upgrade from SS1 to SS2.

You must load the Mustang up with all it's options for a real representation of what a 'fully loaded' price is on it.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #58
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Ok, I just built one right now. It came to $36,000 on the nose. And I didn't add every little option available.

2009 Mustang GT Premium
GT Security Package $375
COMFORT PACKAGE $575
GT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL PACKAGE $1,895
18" PREMIUM ALUMINUM WHEELS $925
HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE (HID) HEADLAMPSHID $525
3.55 Limited Slip Axle Ratio $300
Shaker 1000 Audio System $1,295
Power Code™ Remote Start System $295

Base- $28,375
Option Total- $6830
Destination- $795

That doesn't even include the Glass Roof and probably near another $1000 in individual options I didn't choose (navigation, iPod hookup, metallic fuel filler, Hands Free, floor mats). With everything else and the Glass Roof it's over $37,000.

While I don't believe the SS will start over $30,000 I have little doubt it will easily reach $39,000 with nearly every option.

These may not be options many here are interested in, but they are an option. So you must factor them into a 'fully loaded' price.

For the Camaro you have to factor in the base price plus RS package, fuel filler door, GFX, spoilers, performance accessories, etc. EVERYTHING.

I believe the definition of 'fully loaded' is different to different people here. To me it's 'nearly every available option'.
Yes But On The FORD MANY OF THOSE OPTIONS ARE COVERING THE SAME GROUND..AND ALOT OF THEM ARE ALREADY STANDARD ON THE SS.. AND I WASNT CONSIDERING THE DEALER STUFF SUCH AS GAS CAP DOORFLOOR MATS< ETC.....I Dont Feel Those should be included in you hypothosis, Since Technically they arent Options, BUT DEALER ADD-ONS.....But I SEE YOUR POINT On The Others. as Far as options Go The CAMARO doesnt seem to have MANY according to what we Saw @ INDY, With THE EXCEPTION of the dealer ADD-ONs..BUT the Mudstain..Almost Everything Is An Option..

I REally dont see how this car is going to be competivly priced with the Mustang when they are so FAR APART at the BASE LEVEL..As Far as what you get you get twice as much on the Base SS as you do the PREM GT LOADED. Sounds like a BIG Price difference is happening here.. GOD I HOPE I AM WRONG..
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #59
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Ok, I just built one right now. It came to $36,000 on the nose. And I didn't add every little option available.

2009 Mustang GT Premium
GT Security Package $375
COMFORT PACKAGE $575
GT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL PACKAGE $1,895
18" PREMIUM ALUMINUM WHEELS $925
HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE (HID) HEADLAMPSHID $525
3.55 Limited Slip Axle Ratio $300
Shaker 1000 Audio System $1,295
Power Code™ Remote Start System $295

Base- $28,375
Option Total- $6830
Destination- $795

That doesn't even include the Glass Roof and probably near another $1000 in individual options I didn't choose (navigation, iPod hookup, metallic fuel filler, Hands Free, floor mats). With everything else and the Glass Roof it's over $37,000.

While I don't believe the SS will start over $30,000 I have little doubt it will easily reach $39,000 with nearly every option.

These may not be options many here are interested in, but they are an option. So you must factor them into a 'fully loaded' price.

For the Camaro you have to factor in the base price plus RS package, fuel filler door, GFX, spoilers, performance accessories, etc. EVERYTHING.

I believe the definition of 'fully loaded' is different to different people here. To me it's 'nearly every available option'.

EDIT- I'd add the image of the page like TRIXXTERR did, but I have no idea how that was done. I can Print Screen and place it in a Word page, but don't know how to make it a jpg or gif.
Well, one thing I will say, is that the California special was no more than a few stick on body parts (scoop and window lourvers) and some badging. So $1800 is quite a bit much for that. When I priced out a Mustang I did it with features that were comparable to the 2SS/RS and it came to $34K and change.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #60
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The SS pretty much needs to start at less than 30k. My guess is an MSRP of $28 500. Optioned out, probably mid to high 30's.
The base G8 V8 is 29,995. the Camaro will be considered a higher performance machine. The rumours out of Canada were a base SS at 33,000. There are good marketing reasons to keep the Camaro 1SS under 30,000 (29,995), but we should count ourselves lucky if we get that. I think we are dreaming if we imagine we will get less.
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #61
Metal Gear SS

Drives: 1987 Chevrolet Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakestar View Post
The base G8 V8 is 29,995. the Camaro will be considered a higher performance machine. The rumours out of Canada were a base SS at 33,000. There are good marketing reasons to keep the Camaro 1SS under 30,000 (29,995), but we should count ourselves lucky if we get that. I think we are dreaming if we imagine we will get less.
Is Pontiac still advertising the G8 GT as the most powerful car/sedan under 30k? I read somewhere they were going to increase the base MSRP by $800-something. So technically, the Camaro could be the most powerful coupe under 30k (if it happens), and the G8 is just a BMW-whooping sedan at $30,795.

Metal Gear SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #62
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
I will Just wait until, I Find One On the Local lot. I Cant Afford 35+. HELL Thats Twice What I Make A Yr. Damn Small Town With Crappy Jobs..GrRR..I Dont Have TO Be The First On The Block TO HaveOne..Although I Will be.. ALL OLD PEople In My Neighborhood... I Probly have the ONLY one in my hood.

But Even With Better Pay I Doubt I Would Be Willing to pay that kinda price.. I will Pick one Up In 2012 or 2013, for about half that I'm Sure.. And While I Think About IT.. I Bet That One Of My Local Dealers here.. WILL HAVE ONE TURNED IN AS A TRADE WITH IN THE FIRST 6-9 MONTHS.. I Have Seen It Happen With EVERY Major Debut Car in the last 5YRS.. With the exception of the challenger. Noone Around Here Has bought One.. Hell they have been out since what June-July?? I finally saw my first one while AT INDY..
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #63
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
i think after taxes and such and RS addons.. roofs and all that $36-37k if not slightly a little more. I think there will probablly be a transmission price differential as well between the Auto/Manual and the LS3/L99
I am an Oregon resident. We don't have a sales tax.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #64
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I am an Oregon resident. We don't have a sales tax.
Looks like I'm moving to Oregon!!!

SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #65
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
The G8 GT is a large sedan with a ton of luxuries standard. Some standard features (like dual zone auto AC) aren't even offered as an option on the Camaro. This isn't all about performance. In the American market bigger and more seating equals more expensive.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #66
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Well, one thing I will say, is that the California special was no more than a few stick on body parts (scoop and window lourvers) and some badging. So $1800 is quite a bit much for that. When I priced out a Mustang I did it with features that were comparable to the 2SS/RS and it came to $34K and change.
I added that because it's price was approximately what a GFX package usually costs. Not necessarily for it's specific content.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #67
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
Yes But On The FORD MANY OF THOSE OPTIONS ARE COVERING THE SAME GROUND..AND ALOT OF THEM ARE ALREADY STANDARD ON THE SS.. AND I WASNT CONSIDERING THE DEALER STUFF SUCH AS GAS CAP DOORFLOOR MATS< ETC.....I Dont Feel Those should be included in you hypothosis, Since Technically they arent Options, BUT DEALER ADD-ONS.....But I SEE YOUR POINT On The Others. as Far as options Go The CAMARO doesnt seem to have MANY according to what we Saw @ INDY, With THE EXCEPTION of the dealer ADD-ONs..BUT the Mudstain..Almost Everything Is An Option..

I REally dont see how this car is going to be competivly priced with the Mustang when they are so FAR APART at the BASE LEVEL..As Far as what you get you get twice as much on the Base SS as you do the PREM GT LOADED. Sounds like a BIG Price difference is happening here.. GOD I HOPE I AM WRONG..
I understand a lot of the options are already standard on the Camaro SS. But in order to get a fair look at what a comparable price is you still have to add them to the Mustang.

The Camaro might get them standard, but they won't come for free.

If we don't count the Dealer Options in the price, then we can't call it 'fully loaded'.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #68
SdustinK

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
when they say it will compete with mustang im sure it will but saying it will cost 33k fully loaded just doesnt make logical sense at all the car will have 400-422hp depending on transmission and the gt has 300hp and when the new engine comes out thats then end of next year so saying it ill be 33 fully loaded just seems to good to be true but hey i hope it will be less money i have to spend but either way i think fully loaded will be 37000 and i rather guess the price being higher that way when they release prices hopefully it will be lower for fully loaded 2ss/rs and ill be happy cause id be guessing higher then what it actully is then guessing lower and finding out its higher
SdustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #69
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdustinK View Post
when they say it will compete with mustang im sure it will but saying it will cost 33k fully loaded just doesnt make logical sense at all the car will have 400-422hp depending on transmission and the gt has 300hp and when the new engine comes out thats then end of next year so saying it ill be 33 fully loaded just seems to good to be true but hey i hope it will be less money i have to spend but either way i think fully loaded will be 37000 and i rather guess the price being higher that way when they release prices hopefully it will be lower for fully loaded 2ss/rs and ill be happy cause id be guessing higher then what it actully is then guessing lower and finding out its higher

Punctuation... That is all I have to say.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #70
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR
SSiCk MeMbEr!!!

Drives: HeAviLy MoDDeD 2010 SS CaMaRo!
Somebody...anybody!!! What do you estimate an SS1/RS will be??? PLEASE!!!
JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote