Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
full z/28 details by november??

every time i have time to check up on this site, theres always new news on the z-28. the latest one being the nurburing video. We have all witnessed this strip tease that seems to be getting closer to what we all want to see, and it crossed my mind that on november 2nd gran turismo 5 (a video game for the ps3 game console) is released. The game is suppose to have 1000+ cars and there is a possibility that the z/28 may be one of those cars, most possibly as a concept.

i have searched on the web to find a car list.
some have a list but they list the z/28 as a 2010.

others only have the SS but it's not a complete list of all the cars.

so what do you guys think? or am i just getting to excited and hoping i don't have to wait past that date.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
I just finished pre-ordering Gran Turismo 5 today and paid it off in full! I can't wait to get the game and drive every gen of the Camaro on it along with all the other cars that I never will get a chance to drive in real life! The game looks awesome....I think its a possibility that the new Z/28 could make the game but I highly doubt it. I think that it will become downloadable content though after the specs are announced on the real Z/28. There are 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen versions of the Z/28 on the game already though.
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
They won't release the info a full year before you can buy them. And there is no way that the final specs could be in GT5 since they are still doing development testing on the Z28. The game will be out while GM engineers are still doing their work on the car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Dont be fooled by those online car lists, nobody has any real info on what cars will be in GT5 except Polyphony and they're keeping wrapped up tighter than richard simmon's thong. Ive seen plenty of lists online, like on IGN and stuff where fans just post a massive list of every car they'd like to see in the game and call it a true car list. Im pretty confidant that if you find a list with every generation of Camaro on it then its wrong cause, although im a huge fan of the games, the GT series has notoriously under-rated and ignored American muscle cars since day 1. They throw in a LeMans style Corvette and Viper and call it a day, then move on to their 24 different versions of the Nissan Skyline. Its always annoyed me that the GT series has been biased towards Japanese makes, thats why i enjoyed Forza so much, no biased anywhere. I still love the GT series though and cant wait for GT5, hopefully muscle will be much more prominent and much more useable in this one.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Won't the 2012 Z/28 be in production in about 7 months?
The 2010 Camaro was at the Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance in october 2008 about 5 months before it went into production.
The 2012 Z/28 will almost certainly be at the Detroit Auto Show this January.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Won't the 2012 Z/28 be in production in about 7 months?
The 2010 Camaro was at the Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance in october 2008 about 5 months before it went into production.
The 2012 Z/28 will almost certainly be at the Detroit Auto Show this January.
2012 models of existing cars won't enter production until about mid-summer, but I think you can add to the lineup after that.

It will likely go into production in about a year. Everything we've ever heard says late 2011, and we were seeing Nurburgring testing of the SS ~14 months before it went into full production. It may not take as long for the engineers working on the Z28 to translate what they learned on the ring, but don't expect them to take half as long as they did for the SS either.

For the regular versions, there was a lot of shakedown testing that they had to do to get rid of squeaks and rattles and to get some real world feedback, and do some durability testing. Plus, they had to train the line workers on how to actually build the car and troubleshoot assembly issues. Hundreds of IVER cars were built in pre-production. The Z28 will be able to share most of this since most things will still be common to other models, so most testing will be mostly limited to Z28 specific components.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I placed a bet in Vegas for August 2011 (one month after the TIII release)
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #8
Senojelyk

Drives: '95 Jeep Wrangler
Probably will be, but either locked or released later as DLC.. doubt Chevy will let GT5 spoil their surprise...

As far as getting the specs right, my guess is Kazunori Yamuchi has some strings he could pull to get the latest details on the Z28 and get it in his game.. which is looking to have nearly every car in existence..

One day I will own a Camaro... One day.
Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
Senojelyk

Won't be Nov 2 if it is in fact in GT5, just got pushed back again.. >.<

Old 10-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
rikelme90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senojelyk View Post
Won't be Nov 2 if it is in fact in GT5, just got pushed back again.. >.<
yes i know ive heard. i was so mad!!
well i was hoping it was going to be released by then considering that nov 2nd was the same day the SEMA show starts.
hopefully they make it available as an add-on later on.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #11
rikelme90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I placed a bet in Vegas for August 2011 (one month after the TIII release)
ahah well that would be great. gives me more time to save money. lol or maybe a week before. imagine arriving to watch the movie in a z/28!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #12
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Maybe GT5 will come out with the PS4.

The amount of fail with GT5 is astronomical. It was supposed to be a launch, or near launch, PS3 title.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
Senojelyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
Maybe GT5 will come out with the PS4.

The amount of fail with GT5 is astronomical. It was supposed to be a launch, or near launch, PS3 title.
It was supposed to, but then the creator discovered NASCAR.. and basically said, this is going my game..

When this finally comes out this holiday it is going to set the bar for games in general.. it will literally make Forza 3 look like mario kart. Already confirmed over 1000 cars, you can make your own tracks, weather that changes during the race..NASCAR.. It will be worth the wait.